Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Bryant issues statement on 1-year NFL suspension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: Bryant issues statement on 1-year NFL suspension

Mar 21, 2016, 6:27 PM

Bryant issues statement on 1-year NFL suspension

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very appropriate statement

Mar 21, 2016, 6:35 PM

and well-written by Bryant's agent. Ultimately it doesn't change anything - either he finds the strength to resist the ganj until he retires and moves to Colorado/whatever state where they sell bud at Walmart, or he will end up earning FAR less than he could have. Is his character strong enough and is he man enough to exercise that kind of self control, or is he still a child with no self-control? Time will tell.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as a man, we should give another man the chance to fulfill

Mar 21, 2016, 6:40 PM

his words without criticism or cynicism because we all have needed a second, third or however many chances we needed before maturity set in... after all, he is and always will be a Clemson Man...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that he has made his statement and commitment...

Mar 21, 2016, 6:36 PM

let us all embrace him and do whatever that we can do to support him. Please, no more lectures to him through any message board...

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Embrace him, support him...

Mar 21, 2016, 6:48 PM

make a guest appearance on "Ellen" if that makes your feel better. Bottom line is he'll have to become a man and put down the ganj if he is to ever maximize his potential in the NFL. "Embrace" and "support" him all you want... nothing is going to change until he decides to grow up and be a man.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Embrace him, support him...

Mar 21, 2016, 6:53 PM

That's true and correct , but it also goes without saying .

DB23

Re: Embrace him, support him...

Mar 21, 2016, 9:11 PM

Two strikes on him so I hope he can get it together.

Re: Now that he has made his statement and commitment...

Mar 22, 2016, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Now that he has made his statement and commitment... ]

he needs to stop embracing the cigaweed, maybe then I'll support him

Re: FB Update: Bryant issues statement on 1-year NFL suspension

Mar 21, 2016, 7:10 PM

IMO, this was a great statement. I hope he really means it and will commit to the life that will insure it gets in his past, and not a part of his future. He owes that to his family and to himself, first, and to his employer second. They gave him a great chance, and he needs to prove he is worty of their investment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 7:46 PM

Maybe he needs a break from football but is there any rule saying he can't go play in another league like the CFL? Steelers are not paying him although I guess he is still under contract. I would watch CFL games if I got to see Boyd throwing to Ford and Bryant.

Mar 22, 2016, 9:07 AM

I imagine, he still is under contract, as was stated by his GM that he is still is with the program. It is my understanding that he just is on a medical leave. He is being punished by the NFL, as well, and that is the 1 year suspension punishment. Unless he is dismissed from the team, I doubt he could play for somebody else outside of their organization. Just guessing, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 8:05 PM

That was a good agent written letter of apology !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2016, 9:07 AM

That's why they make the big bucks.

Mar 22, 2016, 3:12 AM

I apologize for what happened..................? Not once did he even mention his drug problem. Rings hollow ...really taking ownership there.

#### off guy***

Mar 22, 2016, 3:28 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you share some of the skeletons in your closet superdawg?

Mar 22, 2016, 6:49 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Bryant issues statement on 1-year NFL suspension ]

We all have them and we all deserve second sometimes even 3rd or 4th chances. We have no idea what M Bryant is going through. Some who are quick to judge should take time to remember where they would be without a few extra breaks!

He is a Tiger for life and needs our support and our prayers.

Re: Why don't you share some of the skeletons in your closet superdawg?

Mar 22, 2016, 7:01 AM

Who says he's "going through" anything?

He could have smoked half a joint a month ago and failed a drug test today.....

Is everybody that has a beer or two on the weekend "going through" something?

superdawg51...

Mar 22, 2016, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Bryant issues statement on 1-year NFL suspension ]

I'm not sure your new head coach will allow you to transfer your comments to a Clemson website.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I am prolly going to get roasted...

Mar 22, 2016, 10:51 AM

but ths statement bothers me. "I regret that my actions led to this punishment from the NFL..." He didnt say he regretted his actions. He said he regretted his actions led to this type of punishment. Good luck MB.

Very nice

Mar 23, 2016, 9:57 AM

To hear a humble statement from a player in the NFL as opposed to a Brady denying cheating and destroying evidence. You can definitely tell Tave was raised a Tiger.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic