Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him

May 1, 2017, 11:09 AM

Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him

May 1, 2017, 11:16 AM

Wish him the best of luck but honestly I'm tired of hearing his mouth. Speak softly and carry a big stick Ben

Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him

May 1, 2017, 11:20 AM

tbh he's backed up everything he's said up to this point. He talks but he also knows how to walk.

May 1, 2017, 11:22 AM

Yes he has backed up his talk - so far.

Would you question your employer in public when you've been on your first real job for less than 2 days??

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Do you really think the Panthers are upset over that

May 1, 2017, 5:33 PM

statement? That is Ben and doubt he is going to change, hopefully not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

This headline is a bit misleading when you read the whole article. Dude is a club house spark and will be awesome in NFL. Congrats BB!

As for your comment - I think it's a tad unappreciative of his efforts. Just sayin'

May 1, 2017, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

Did you read the article?
What exactly did he say that you seemed to be running his mouth or something that was disrespectful to anyone?
He was probably answering a question .
Imagine someone answers a question honestly and says yeah I was disappointed I did not reach a goal I set for myself.
He did not whine and he did not cry he just simply said I still have a chance and I will reach my goal!
I will take him in my team just the way he is everyday!
Now I will say the headline is misleading.

He shouldn't have been surprise. Panthers don't draft Tigers

May 1, 2017, 11:28 AM

At least the Clemson ones.

Re: Be upset.....but, don't bite the hand!

May 1, 2017, 11:28 AM

I, for one, will be rooting for BB to kick ### in the league.

I love me some Ben but...

May 1, 2017, 12:40 PM

I'm tired of this kid's mouth. I appreciate what he did for Clemson, but smart-a$$ed comments 2 days after being placed on a payroll may show a crack in his proverbial armor. it's not all about what you do on the field in this league. Once you're a pro-bowler, run your mouth... until then, you're still a college student trying to find his way. Act like it!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I love me some Ben but...

May 1, 2017, 1:42 PM

Surprised at your comment. He's not a kid. Also, if your point is walk the talk, ok. You might leave out the emotional rhetoric. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 2:13 PM [ in reply to I love me some Ben but... ]

Man the room turned quick on my boy Ben! We loved it when he talked crap to teams and backed it up but now he's in the league and ppl here are tired of his mouth like come on. I'd be upset the took a kicker over me too. What he says about when he was picked up won't change Carolinas choice. He's not talking bad about em just telling the truth it hurt a little but he's goin to prove doubters wrong not prove his team wrong like come on!

May 1, 2017, 9:14 PM

I just want to see him succeed. Its his life and his career. I think it would be in his best interest to just close his mouth and let his actions on the field speak. Its obviously his decision. Either way, I am a Ben fan. My good friend was an undrafted free agent for Chicago a couple years ago. He got sent home. He said online coach told him, that he was good enough to play but he did not need any 6ft 3 inch linemen. Size matters.

May 1, 2017, 2:13 PM [ in reply to I love me some Ben but... ]

Man the room turned quick on my boy Ben! We loved it when he talked crap to teams and backed it up but now he's in the league and ppl here are tired of his mouth like come on. I'd be upset the took a kicker over me too. What he says about when he was picked up won't change Carolinas choice. He's not talking bad about em just telling the truth it hurt a little but he's goin to prove doubters wrong not prove his team wrong like come on!

You didn't have to read Ben's comments. Pretty simple.***

May 1, 2017, 4:57 PM [ in reply to I love me some Ben but... ]

May 1, 2017, 5:02 PM [ in reply to I love me some Ben but... ]

Did you read the article??? Ben didn't say crap. T net made him look bad

Poorly titled article

May 1, 2017, 7:06 PM [ in reply to I love me some Ben but... ]

Read the actual article and maybe you would change your tone. He said nothing bad or wrong.

I totally disagree and find . .

May 1, 2017, 7:51 PM [ in reply to I love me some Ben but... ]

nothing bout what he said as smart a$$ed.

May 2, 2017, 4:33 AM [ in reply to I love me some Ben but... ]

I really don't understand the criticism. Remember when he was finally offered by Clemson? This is the same salty guy that plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's a warrior and led our defense to a national championship. His passion and commitment for Clemson is the epitome of what it means to be a Tiger. Nothing about his comments suprised me, and actually made me chuckle. That's Clemson legend Ben Boulware and I wouldn't have him any other way.

May 1, 2017, 1:08 PM

He really shouldn't be upset. In most cases, the free agents can get a larger signing bonus than someone slotted in the 7th round.

Agreed "don't bite the hand", use it as motivation.

May 1, 2017, 1:21 PM

Another example where GM says he doesn't understand why he wasn't drafted but he had to know. Just NFL Team BS. Why cat teams just tell it like it is.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 1:27 PM

A lot of "holier than thou" posts in this thread. I suppose we have some brave souls that will walk up to Ben and say "I'm tired of your mouth". LOL Thanks Al.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 1:29 PM

I would. What's he going to do--punch me? How many articles are we going to see on Ben not getting drafted compared to Jadar Johnson, I wonder. Johnson was a better Safety, than Ben was a LB. We're only seeing this type of coverage because he's a local kid, white, and loves the cameras. He'll make a great on-field reporter for the ACC Network after he gets cut in August.

May 1, 2017, 3:34 PM

Opinions not backed up with real proof, like game stats, are just that, opinions. Everyone has one. Go Tigers.

May 1, 2017, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

Wow, good to see you are all in on supporting our players. It's not having orange glasses to wish them the best and be supportive. Now people see what Kearse and Green meant in their tweets after the draft last year. Go Tigers, past and present.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

Ben was an All-American, Lambert Award Winner, ACC DPOY, and defensive MVP of two playoff games. Jadar was good, but Boulware was obviously the better and more accomplish player. But nice try at assuming it's due die to race.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Typical coot garbage. Come back when you have something

May 1, 2017, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

intelligent to say.

May 1, 2017, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

Hope he DOES punch you in the mouth!! Go back to Cootville LOSER!

Ben save those frustrations

May 1, 2017, 7:17 PM

For the locker room and pre game and during the game, Ben was a great baller on the field and great vocal leader to, he may say some things some take the wrong way but he has no filter which can be bad and good both, but one thing for sure your getting his honest opinion no sugar coated bull crap, and I respect that. Go Tigers ????

Damm if some won't try to put a racial spin on anything!

May 1, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

You say he gets this coverage because he is white, but if he made the comments and Tigernet didn't report on it, I guess you would say they tried to cover it up because he is white. The only thing wrong with his comments or the article was the negative spin Tigernet put on it with the headline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2017, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

> I would. What's he going to do--punch me? How many
> articles are we going to see on Ben not getting
> drafted compared to Jadar Johnson, I wonder. Johnson
> was a better Safety, than Ben was a LB. We're only
> seeing this type of coverage because he's a local
> kid, white, and loves the cameras. He'll make a
> great on-field reporter for the ACC Network after he
> gets cut in August.

Naw.....he'd probably give you a suplex from h3ll... lol!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware upset Panthers took a kicker with last pick instead of him ]

For real, right!!!??

Folks with "holy" userIDs calling out a Tiger great -

Boulware, the 2016 recipient of the Jack Lambert Award given to the best linebacker in college football, just wasn't one of the seven players Carolina drafted. He is the first to tell you he wasn't happy about that. He particularly wasn't thrilled that the Panthers selected a kicker -- Georgia Tech's Harrison Butker -- over him in the seventh round.

"It hurt a little bit," Boulware told ESPN. "I'm sure he's a great player and a great kicker. I'm sure that was a need on their team.

"But I would have loved to have been that pick."

Not sure how I see anything really bad in anywhere in this article ... he's a bit upset, but will take it in training camp I'm sure.

that's how they holy roll***

May 1, 2017, 4:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 4:19 PM

Many people on the national sports sites are blasting him because of his crotch grabbing episodes. That does look pretty bad.

May 1, 2017, 4:28 PM

almost as bad as people calling college kids pathetic and chokers.

Yeah, I have to agree that this title does a disservice

May 1, 2017, 4:41 PM

to Ben. It makes it sound like he's demeaning a kicker being picked over him. That's not how it reads in the article.

null

May 1, 2017, 5:00 PM

Title of article is misleading! He was expressing disappointment, as anyone in his position would.

Charlotte still has NEVER drafted a Clemson player.***

May 1, 2017, 5:30 PM

nm

RA'd for title.***

May 1, 2017, 5:52 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carolina Panthers

May 1, 2017, 7:22 PM

They have never drafted any Clemson players or have they? Is it cause of John Swofford hatred for Clemson he is brain washing the Carolina organization. They have drafted coot players quite a few times. I'm thinking a conspiracy theory. What you guys think?

Re: Carolina Panthers

May 1, 2017, 7:28 PM

That headline is completely out of context.

I am sure Ben was asked how he felt, and he felt a little hurt, which about all he said. That, and he's sure the kicker is great and a need for the team.

May 1, 2017, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Carolina Panthers ]

I think that Big Cat's (Jerry Richardson's) son played for the Tigers '81 Natty team - whom was at one point a Exec VP of the Panthers and is on the Clemson BOT currently. Take that for what it is - I think the only non-conspiracy thought is that they want to keep it all at an "arms length". But who knows ....

May 1, 2017, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Carolina Panthers ]

I think that Big Cat's (Jerry Richardson's) son played for the Tigers '81 Natty team - whom was at one point a Exec VP of the Panthers and is on the Clemson BOT currently. Take that for what it is - I think the only non-conspiracy thought is that they want to keep it all at an "arms length". But who knows ....

May 4, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Carolina Panthers ]

Yes, John Swofford is evil and he hates Clemson with all of his might. He has successfully brainwashed dozens of people in order to have one particular NFL organization not pick Clemson players in the draft.

Clearly that's a rational thing to believe.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loved Ben and Jadar at at Clemson because...

May 1, 2017, 10:02 PM

They were likely to speak their minds during interviews. I like them just as much now. Ben said nothing wrong. All he did was indicate he was disappointed they did not draft him. Who can blame him......it was his dream for years.

I am pulling for all our Clemson guys in the NFL. I always say that I don't have a favorite NFL team....but I do have favorite players. Of course they are all Tigers!

I would not bet against him!***

May 2, 2017, 8:02 AM

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic