Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson

Oct 2, 2016, 1:32 PM

Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson

Oct 2, 2016, 1:37 PM

I heard one time that players wish they could take back many things they do during the heat of the game. Read it when the 3rd baseman for the braves tried to fight Jose Fernandez of the Marlins for admiring his first HR, before they became teammates. We fans lose our cool and we aren't even doing anything!! I am not going to give Jackson a hard time for this, glad he said it's over.

I also didn't think it was a big deal, never thought it was dirty.

Oct 3, 2016, 8:09 AM

Totally agree! This was no incedent whatsoever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's cool. That's football"

Yeah thats what he was saying when he had his toddler-like fit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "It's cool. That's football"

Oct 2, 2016, 9:22 PM

How is it dirty to wrap up the player in a way that is allowed? Ben made a great play & appears to never move once he had Lamar down so there was no twisting or turning his neck. Exaggerated by Lamar out of frustration & he did lose it but this incident was not nearly as bad as him shoving his own coach away on sidelines. He's an amazing athlete but lacks class. He never gave any credit to Clemson but he follows the leadership from the top so part of the blame is on Petrino. Hope he matures because he really is a special talent!

Oct 3, 2016, 8:10 AM

Yep!!! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2016, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: "It's cool. That's football" ]

Goes to show that just because his numbers are similar to Deshaun Watson's (this time last year) he is NOT #4 who is classy in all aspects. His tantrum showed that the boys got under his skin....smh......GO #4 AND ALL MY TIGERS!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2016, 1:39 PM

was clearly just a high tackle around the neck, happens every game to someone. Like he said, he just wasn't use to it. He's hardly been hit all year and he found out what a real defense feels like. Our offense hurt our defensive numbers by putting them on the field so much the 2nd half, 99 plays and still stood tall with the game on the line.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:42 PM

Not sure what Boulware was thinking, but clearly a stranglehold.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:48 PM

I said clearly first, your clearly copying the great one and clearly wrong. Perhaps you need to feel a real stranglehold, see how long it takes ya to wake up....just a thought.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:51 PM

I thought Clemson fans were supposed to be friendly?

Oct 2, 2016, 3:42 PM

Every single one of us has to be? That's no fun

Oct 3, 2016, 8:15 AM

With very, very few exceptions we are, but we are the exception rather than the rule. Go to an secheat game if you want to see trash.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

Not a fan of sarcasm, brain cells having to work overtime.

Oct 2, 2016, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

As friendly, do you mean turning against one of our players by making a legal tackle, and bc your player don't like it that he was man handled. Have y'all ever played GT, they chop your legs out from under players, and you will never hear BB cry and complain. Ben Boulware has nothing to apologize about, and you louie fans think he was to rough, you best kill your FB program bc it is a rough sport and people do get hurt. Just ask DW4, he was out for a year bc of playing the big boy game of FB....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

He is FOS!

Oct 2, 2016, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

If you look at the placement of Ben's left elbow and his left hand, his forearm was not sunk in enough for a "stranglehold" (or guillotine, or rear naked, or whatever the media is reporting on this). He had him twisted, yes, but that's a normal tackle. I sure as hell wouldn't let him go until I knew he was down on the ground.

source: I teach martial arts; I know what a choke looks like. That wasn't one.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:26 PM

wonder how long this dead horse will be beaten.

Is it still rainin' in South Bend?***

Oct 2, 2016, 9:53 PM

The beatings will cease when the horse quits standing up*

Oct 2, 2016, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

lkl

I'd like Boulware to put you in a stranglehold.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

Get the #### outta here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

> Not sure what Boulware was thinking, but clearly a
> stranglehold.

The picture on the screen shows that it does NOT appear that the Louisville QB is on the ground yet!
I'd have ripped his head off to keep him from shimmying out of there for more yardage.

It's pretty clear, as well, that SteveKo doesn't have any idea what goes on in and at the bottom of piles in college football!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly21, you are correct. LJ was on top of Ben & not down yet

Oct 2, 2016, 5:10 PM

so Ben had every right to hold on until the whistle blows. I have seen plays where the ball carrier is on top of the defender, then bounces up and continues the play.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

I totally disagree ! Ben made an excellent defensive play & why this is even a discussion is because if Lamar's tantrum. Of course he didn't like it & I know it didn't feel good but that's what great defensive players do.

I see nothing dirty about the tackle or Ben lying there completely still for like 2 seconds after the whistle was blown. Geez, foitball is a contact sport & It's truly a shame that people blow things completely out of proportion. Maybe I see things differently because I've been a part of football all my life so the fact that people are even talking about it is ridiculous because a good tackle is not supposed to feel good. Ben had an incredible game & that was just another great play!

Oct 2, 2016, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

You don't strangle somebody by wrapping your arm around their neck to their ARM PIT. It was a tackle plain and simple. If you think this was any sort of late hit or foul you were just listening to bad announcing by Herbstriet who claimed it was after the whistle when they were going down well before the whistle.

Now when Jackson got up and struck Boulware in the throat, THAT was a clear penalty and grounds for ejection. Don't believe me? Take a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Xsj2Ayigw&feature=youtu.be&t=952

Oct 2, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

If LJ don't like the way Ben tackles, tell him to out run Ben to a safe spot on the field, like a place where big Dex can flatten him to the ground!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 6:35 PM

Is a safe spot something like a safe space?

Oct 2, 2016, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

Completely not true & there was no flag for a reason...CLEAN TACKLE!

Oct 3, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Boulware apologizes for incident with Lamar Jackson ]

Please! Wow!!!

Conrad Dobler says apology schmology

Oct 2, 2016, 1:47 PM

??

Let's get one thing straight

Oct 2, 2016, 2:02 PM

Ben is pulling Lamar down by the breastplate of his shoulder pads. Yes, his forearm is around Jackson's neck and yes that's uncomfortable. But to say Boulware is targeting him in a choke hold is ludicrous.

Has no pundit seen MMA? This is a choke hold!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 2:07 PM

If the whistle hasn't blown - no harm / no foul. Jackson was on top of Boulware - probably not even touching the ground. He's right to hold him down and right to apologize if Lamar thought it was a dirty play.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:20 PM

Ben did his job in making the defensive play & handled this ridiculous situation with class, as always. It's great to see Clemson players showing respect & class regardless of the situation. I love Ben Boulware & I''m so proud of our Tigers.

Oct 3, 2016, 1:16 AM

Well said.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:26 PM

I think some have forgotten football is a contact sport. Poossaaayss need to stay on the sideline.

Lamar Jackson is desperately trying to find blame someone...

Oct 2, 2016, 3:35 PM

else for his loss. He needs to man up and give Clemson some props for playing defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lamar Jackson is desperately trying to find blame someone...

Oct 2, 2016, 6:14 PM

Lamar had some bad words for his team mates in the first half too

Weaken the prey***

Oct 2, 2016, 4:32 PM

Nm

If Kirk wouldn't have said he was squeezing with all his might no one would have

Oct 2, 2016, 4:52 PM

Even questioned it. Kicks call was an overreaction from his little fit he threw. He should have gotten an Oscar award for all that whining.

I don't see anything wrong with what Ben did. Kirk has to know more goes on every gang tackle.

Tigers won!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 2, 2016, 5:21 PM

Shoot, by Anderson County standards, that was a hug. If nobody puked, passed out, or died it ain't a choke hold in them parts.

Oct 2, 2016, 5:23 PM

He is another cry baby like Cam newton. Did y'all see him having a hissy fit after game when they were walking into the locker room?

That wasn't worthy of a comment!

Oct 3, 2016, 8:07 AM

And it certainly wasn't worthy of a protest to officials.

This makes me laugh. Boulware. LOL!***

Oct 3, 2016, 9:44 AM

Boulware entry music

Oct 3, 2016, 9:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

Re: Boulware entry music

Oct 7, 2016, 8:33 AM

HAHAHAHH!!! THAT'S AWESOME!

Lamar's knee, elbow, hips weren't yet down during "choke".

Oct 3, 2016, 4:15 PM

It wasn't really a choke (since Boulware grabbed the breast plate) but I think Lamar's body was on top of others during that time and so he wasn't technically even tackled/down yet by the time Boulware let go (rightly at the whistle). Boulware was in no position to see if Lamar was actually down yet so it's hard to blame Boulware for holding on tight until the whistle.

I saw 2 runs earlier in the day (UGA's Sony Michel, IIRC) where the runner was brought down onto the tackler's body but not onto the turf so the runner then rolled off the tackler and escaped for a few more yards because the tackler let go too early.

Re: Lamar's knee, elbow, hips weren't yet down during "choke".

Oct 3, 2016, 7:38 PM

I remember just what you suggested happening to us when we played WV in the bowl game where we thought the play was blown dead, and somehow a WV player took the ball and ran for a 99 yard TD. I'm glad Boulware held on, and I don't care about the whining by LJ nor UL's head master. LJ never was on the ground, and had a ref thought so, he would have blown a whistle and flagged us for an infraction. It is an extremely rare occasion that we get the benefit of a poor call. Usually we are the ones who get hosed.

Xactly! Herbie just over-reacted with his comments...

Oct 7, 2016, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Lamar's knee, elbow, hips weren't yet down during "choke". ]

Play to the whistle. +1...

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic