Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ACC and ESPN closing in on network deal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

FB Update: ACC and ESPN closing in on network deal

Jul 18, 2016, 9:32 PM

ACC and ESPN closing in on network deal

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the launch isn't until 2019??***

Jul 18, 2016, 9:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the launch isn't until 2019??***

Jul 18, 2016, 10:25 PM

That's only 5 years behind the SEC. Way to stay on top of it Swoffie! What vision he has!

There's a logical reason for the timing. Does anyone care or

Jul 18, 2016, 11:06 PM

will it just get in the way of throwing barbs against swofford, painting that he did something wrong with the 2019 date?

ESPN has to line it up when their main cable carriage deals are close to the renegotiating stages, meaning they can at least attempt to get it on your tv in a decent negotiating position. It's purely logical and necessary or else no one wins. Channel stays off cable and ESPN is paying for nothing.

They still teach logic and negotiation at Clemson, right?!?

Re: There's a logical reason for the timing. Does anyone care or

Jul 18, 2016, 11:36 PM

Thanks for trying to sound smart Lost Tiger, but the conversations the ACC is having with ESPN now were done by the SEC and others about 5 years ago! What part of that did you not understand? It should have been much closer to the 2014 date of the SEC if our conference leadership had been more forward thinking. Heck, there's no telling what the tv landscape will look like in 2019 with the ever increasing pace of cord cutters, and the shrinking subscribers of ESPN.

ha - you don't think the acc tried to then? The product

Jul 19, 2016, 7:26 AM

We were putting out didn't lend itself to it happening. Sorry bud, we don't attract as many eyeballs as the SEC does. But do you know what the ACC was able to do was get a clause in that IF the network didn't start a channel then our league money would automatically go up, which is why this renegotiation took place. This didn't happen out of the goodness of espns heart, this happened because it was in the last contract.

What does this do besides make me pay for another channel?

Jul 19, 2016, 5:52 AM

I can't remember the last time there was an ACC football game I wanted to watch that wasn't on some ESPN channel on tv or online. Seems to me these things are just to create another layer for the network and conference to make more money. I don't see how it helps the viewer? I used to watch a fair amount of SEC football, but now I don't because I'm not paying for their stupid channel.

Re: What does this do besides make me pay for another channel?

Jul 19, 2016, 6:32 AM

"conference to make more money" - you nailed it. That's all it's about. Trying to keep up in the financial arms race.

It's a big deal for those who enjoy watching Tiger Baseball

Jul 19, 2016, 7:52 AM

But can't go to all the games. Should be many games on the network. Same thing with Soccer, Women's Basketball and other sports.

Amen, Brother!***

Jul 19, 2016, 9:21 AM

ND needs to join full time to make ESPN

Jul 19, 2016, 10:20 AM

she'll out the big money's!

Re: What does this do besides make me pay for another channel?

Jul 19, 2016, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: What does this do besides make me pay for another channel? ]

Sooooooo----- "show me the money"!!! I know it's all about the money, you know it's all about the money, ESPN knows it's all about the money, and Swofford knows it's all about the money. It sounds like it's a done deal, but no mention of the payout to the ACC that I've seen yet.

Just don't subscribe then it will have no effect.***

Jul 19, 2016, 9:26 AM [ in reply to What does this do besides make me pay for another channel? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just don't subscribe then it will have no effect.***

Jul 19, 2016, 12:58 PM

I'm not sure that's true because ATM I can watch every Clemson game on ESPN, either on TV or online. If there is an ACC network and I don't subscribe, I don't think I would be able to watch the Clemson games on TV. I know last season there were a couple of big SEC games I was interested in watching, but they were only available on the SEC network and I don't get it. As far as I'm concerned, I hope this deal never gets done and things stay the way they are.

Which "big " sec games were these?

Jul 19, 2016, 1:13 PM

Bama vs lsu was on prime time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: FB Update: ACC and ESPN closing in on network deal

Jul 19, 2016, 10:21 AM

just hope swofford's kid over at Raycom will be ok...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic