Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martell didn't show for practice Monday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 4,604

Martell didn't show for practice Monday

Aug 14, 2019, 3:08 PM

then wasn't made available to media Tuesday

https://247sports.com/college/miami/Article/Source-Tate-Martell-addressed-team-on-campus-Tuesday-134420439/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAU here he comes! You know ole Lane has been in his ear.***

Aug 14, 2019, 3:53 PM

Re: FAU here he comes! You know ole Lane has been in his ear.***

Aug 14, 2019, 7:25 PM

I hope he doesn’t have a The U tat.

Re: FAU here he comes! You know ole Lane has been in his ear.***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:06 PM

Well if he does he will need to cover up the " THE " … Ohio State done put a ring on it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a little tired...

Aug 14, 2019, 4:10 PM

of all these self-absorbed, temperamental, infantile and entitled players?

Enough already !!!!

STHU, go to work, get better, and actually EARN the starting job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They've always been around...

Aug 14, 2019, 4:20 PM

They just didn't have options. Now, they do. It's good...and in time, it will resonate even more.

I suspect within the coming few years, GM execs will comment about the 'why' a player makes a move, compares it to results on the field AND classroom and show evidence that those undergrads who switch schools have an even lower success rate in the NFL than those who stick it out. There will always be extenuating circumstances driving a move and that's fine. For many, though, it may well prove a harbinger of their inability to tackle adversity.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said it before and I will say it again...

Aug 14, 2019, 4:54 PM

if a guy like Feaster or Bryant (for example) can't earn the starting job at Clemson (for example) so they feel the need to transfer to a lesser program where there is very little if any real competition for playing time, then perhaps...just maybe...the NFL isn't the career path they need to be pursuing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

ETNs and TLs backups will not be hurt their NFL

Aug 14, 2019, 7:37 PM [ in reply to They've always been around... ]

aspirations. You can be the second best RB or QB in the nation and you will still be their backup

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Tate Martell is a good one to draw sweeping

Aug 14, 2019, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a little tired... ]

conclusions from. He's a ###### and has been for a long time. He was on that TV show back in HS that followed a few big HS QBs and he was just awful. He's gotten opportunities because he was really talented, but i think there's a pretty good chance he's just a cancer.

Re: Martell didn't show for practice Monday

Aug 14, 2019, 5:10 PM

Welcome to the real world, son! So you have found out that there are players that are better than you at this game. You aren't the first, and you won't be the last. Playing musical schools ain't going to make YOU any better. Deal with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How Do They Expect To Compete In NFL Then?

Aug 14, 2019, 6:59 PM

How do these players think the NFL will be. You are only going to have good players on the roster. A bad NFL QB was likely a very good coveted college QB.
They really have the wrong mentality. Not just QB either - RB comes to mind too! The NFL will find you and give you a shot - these guys don't need to run from competition!
Heck, they searching rugby league and other sports for talent.
You will get a try out - if you are good enough - you will make the roster!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 4,604
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic