Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
F. Scott Fitzgerald Take in 1936
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,109

F. Scott Fitzgerald Take in 1936

Sep 14, 2020, 1:43 AM

“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.” F. Scott Fitzgerald said in 1936. In the “The Crack Up”, he wrote: "One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise. This philosophy fitted on to my early adult life, when I saw the improbable, the implausible, often the “impossible,” come true. Life was something you dominated if you were any good. Life yielded easily to intelligence and effort, or to what proportion could be mustered of both…"

George Orwell once said, “Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.” And these woke young men of today are playing games with stickers on their helmets. It will all work out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: F. Scott Fitzgerald Take in 1936

Sep 14, 2020, 7:33 AM

My take on 2020;
Some people don't want you to think."They" think "they" should do all of the thinking for "you".
By the way wasn't Fitzgerald that guy who wrote about life on an Animal Farm in 1984.
Or was that Orwell?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 9:05 AM

Fitzgerald was a talented writer of fiction and died at a very young age of alcoholism.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: F. Scott Fitzgerald Take in 1936 ]

orwell.animal farm and 1984 were two separate works.think we are close,if not already there,to living 1984 for real.consider the thought police.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,109
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic