Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Explain how Belk will have time to help a family member
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Explain how Belk will have time to help a family member

May 16, 2018, 4:32 PM

who has health issues while going to class, workouts, meetings, and practice. Not to mention the fact that he lives an hour from Columbia.

There's no way an NCAA College Football player has anytime to help with doctor visits or care for a sick loved one. It's simply not possible. Their schedules are slammed all week.

I don't have the facts, and I'm not bashing Belk for wanting to go to another school. I'm just pointing out the fact that he will not be able to care for a sick family member while also playing football.

The only way to do that would be to not play sports in college, which I would not advise him to do because he can probably make some money in a few years if he has good work ethic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, there is more that is not being said yet.***

May 16, 2018, 4:34 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

LOL at "slammed." At Usuck you "have to try to fail".***

May 16, 2018, 4:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Explain how Belk will have time to help a family member

May 16, 2018, 4:34 PM

A friend of mine that knows him personally said since day 1 he has disliked being at Clemson and hasn't been happy at all. Another poster confirmed what my friend said saying that he heard he only signed with Clemson to make family happy and it wasn't what he wanted in the first place. This leave and transfer seems to confirm both stories.

I don't always agree with you

May 16, 2018, 4:35 PM

but you are right on point. A 3 hour added commute (1.5 each direction) is not a reason to leave a program.

Hell, when I was in college I only lived 30 minutes from campus. I didn't play sports and still didn't have time to go home except maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Honestly i'll be shocked if he enrolls at another program and if he does I will be highly disappointed in his 'family' excuse. I hope the best for his mom or whoever it is but leaving clemson to go to another school because of that is a poor excuse.

May 16, 2018, 4:43 PM

I don't think he said he was going to help. Maybe he just wants to be closer so he can go visit her a little more often. Plus we do not know exactly where he lives so we don't know how far it really is from his house to USC. An extra 2 1/2 hours makes a huge difference.

May 16, 2018, 4:45 PM

The Lewisville High School zoning map is not that large.

https://southcarolina.hometownlocator.com/schools/profiles,n,lewisville%20high,z,29729,t,pb,i,1101135.cfm

Snowflake Basher........Out

May 16, 2018, 5:00 PM

Never know...coots could have told him all he had to do was show up for games

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To beClemson fair...

May 16, 2018, 5:09 PM

Clemson is 2.5 hours from home for him and USCjr is 50 minutes. He can get home much easier at times from USCjr.

Re: To beClemson fair...

May 16, 2018, 6:39 PM

But how often will he have time? Outside of breaks he is going to be hard pressed to find time to leave campus to see his mother. This is why the distance excuse just doesnt make sense. If he signs with the coots I think he just wanted to be a coot. Really the only excuse for that scenario. Clemson men dont go to the rival.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic