Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Executive Privilege invoked.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 706

Executive Privilege invoked.

May 8, 2019, 11:03 AM

Popping popcorn waiting on the cryin' libs response.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-asserts-executive-privilege-to-block-release-of-full-unredacted-mueller-report

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Executive Privilege invoked.

May 8, 2019, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing you won't see the response you're looking for***

May 8, 2019, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Complete exhoneration

May 8, 2019, 11:11 AM

no obstruction

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

May 8, 2019, 11:22 AM

Odd. What's he hiding?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the same thing that has been laying around for some

May 8, 2019, 11:27 AM

people to read for a couple/few weeks and nobody has.

Re: the same thing that has been laying around for some

May 8, 2019, 11:40 AM

So why does he want to hide it from us?

i don't know.

May 8, 2019, 2:54 PM

could be hiding.

could be taking his ball and going home.

it doesn't appear to be an effort at transparency, but it's also something he could have done from the get go and then the scream for fix and cover up would be much louder (and more warranted)

he claims to be a negotiator, so for now

Thinking many had to get through GoT binge

May 8, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to the same thing that has been laying around for some ]

watching first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Methods and means of spying, grand jury stuff and...

May 8, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Executive Privilege invoked. ]

things which don't belong in the public like private information of the good folks who were investigated but not indicted or charged with crimes because they are innocent of breaking the law.

I don't think Mueller held back on Trump dirt. I don't think that's unreasonable to think that way either. I don't think you do either. I'd say you're well aware that Mueller opened the floodgates on Trump's previous bad behavior, misdeeds and everything and anything which would embarrass him.

I believe Nadler and the other dems in the house who qualify to view unredacted reports feel the same way or they would read the report which is there in their building right now. So far only three have read that report, Graham, McConnel and one more pub.

I believe you are all playing politics and not being completely honest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's definitely the most transparent administration ever***

May 8, 2019, 11:23 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With a President with the lowest Adjusted Gross Income

May 8, 2019, 11:29 AM

since Lincoln.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have the report,

May 8, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to It's definitely the most transparent administration ever*** ]

You don't expect Barr to break the laws of what can be released and what can't. These laws are extensive because dems put them in place after the Clinton impeachment. You know this, why are you acting like you don't?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not acting like anything...

May 8, 2019, 2:54 PM

he also plays way less golf than any president ever and takes a lot fewer vacations.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just wonder if there is really anything in there of

May 8, 2019, 11:27 AM

national security concern?

If the SC ruled in favor of the NYT re: the Pentagon Papers, no way they would block this. Though it may take awhile to get there.

There may or may not be, but

May 30, 2014, 11:29 AM

I doubt there is anything in there that would call for impeachment really either. I think Donald's quest for Obama's birth certificate taught him that fighting off these kind of accusations even when you could clear them up pretty quickly is good for getting things done on other fronts and solidifying your base.

Dems changed the laws after Clinton impeachment which...

May 8, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to I just wonder if there is really anything in there of ]

happened many years after that.

I thought they could go somewhere and read it

May 8, 2019, 11:40 AM

if they wanted to

I am probably missing something

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

They can but they can't share it with the public.

May 8, 2019, 11:55 AM

Barr even approved of them taking notes on the report in private readings. If this was something they intend to use for more than political hay they'd be satisfied to have everyone on the oversight committee read it and have closed door hearings to deliberate on impeachment. As hard as politics are these days most pubs in the house supported Mueller's investigation and would support the impeachment of Barr the report reveals that Mueller, Rosenstein and Barr intentionally redacted information which wasn't required by law and protocol to be redacted.

Dem's intent is to breath life in a dead investigation. They have no message other than 'Beat Trump,' for 2020 so they fill the air with such tripe to distract their supporters. That's what you do when you can't win office on merit or message.

Dems when straight to shutting this down. They offered Barr a choice, either break the law by releasing the unredacted report or face the wrath of the House of Reps. I would have asked him to join with me to appeal to the courts to change the law regarding what must be redacted. They want executive privilege invoked for political reasons.

Dem voters should be real proud of them not giving this proper attention by appealing to courts. Right now there's no way the unredacted report can be viewed or shared by the public. That isn't an accident.

Re: They can but they can't share it with the public.

May 8, 2019, 1:37 PM

...Dem's intent is to breath life in a dead investigation...

Both Democrat and Republican Federal Prosecutors:

If you are correct, then over 700 of these guys are wrong.

I'll take money on that. :)

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statement-by-former-federal-prosecutors-8ab7691c2aa1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

700 out of how many?

May 8, 2019, 2:48 PM

you keep saying it, but how many ex federal prosecutors are there? 1000? 10,000? 100,000?

What kind of ratio are we talking here?

And did they just ask prosecutors who were appointed by democrat presidents?

your survey is tainted.......butt keep preaching it!

9 out of Dentists AGREE!!!

Re: 700 out of how many?

May 8, 2019, 7:45 PM

you keep saying it, but how many ex federal prosecutors are there? 1000? 10,000? 100,000?

What kind of ratio are we talking here?

And did they just ask prosecutors who were appointed by democrat presidents?

your survey is tainted.......butt keep preaching it!

9 out of Dentists AGREE!!!

Tainted. Sure. You haven't read the petition or you would already know that a.) The Federal Prosecutors are both Dem and Rep. and go all the way back to serving in the Eisenhower Administration. b.) The idea that career lawyers will chuck they're own reputations built over decades just be cause they're "Democrat" is naive to the point of ignorance.

Get over it.

I thought they said

May 8, 2019, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: They can but they can't share it with the public. ]

if he wasn't president he would be indicted?

If that's true, then why is it so relevant to you? He is president. He can't be indicted. Mueller can't impeach. If the congress wants to read the documents and then move to impeach him, then they should do so. Find specific instances of redactions that are ######## or specific evidence that supports impeachment and then start making the case for how many you found.

Stop fighting small battles for fear of fighting the war.

May 8, 2019, 1:39 PM

No, that sounds about right. The President blocks information from investigation of....him.

If it were Obama or Hillary you'd be having a fit.

is that why this happened?

May 8, 2019, 2:59 PM

On June 20, 2012, President Barack Obama asserted executive privilege in order to withhold certain Department of Justice documents related to the Operation Fast and Furious controversy ahead of a United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for refusing to produce the documents.[27][28]

Later the same day, the House Committee voted 23–17 along party lines to hold Holder in contempt of Congress over not releasing the documents.[29]

Kind of stupid of Trump, but what else is new?

May 8, 2019, 5:17 PM

Still not as stupid as the ruckus Democrats are making over redactions and Barr's interpretation of the Mueller report.

Mueller has already said that Barr's summary was accurate on the facts, and then nearly all of the report was released publicly. Do Democrats really think that there's going to be evidence of illegality in the redacted portions, or do they just think that some of what was redacted will be damaging to Trump? Isn't the actual report damaging enough? Why wouldn't Mueller have recommended charges, and why wouldn't Barr have made charges if there was evidence of criminality?

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 706
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic