Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So maybe the S. Car/Steroid thing isn't so far-fetched.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

So maybe the S. Car/Steroid thing isn't so far-fetched.

Dec 21, 2012, 4:29 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8765531/steroids-loom-major-college-football-report-says

Sorry if Germans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Far-fetched? Hardly. They had the biggest....

Dec 21, 2012, 4:47 PM

...steroid scandal in NCAA history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_South_Carolina_steroid_scandal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boys will be boys. Eight strikes and they are out.***

Dec 21, 2012, 4:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It is a fact that PE's are used in Columbia. That's why

Dec 21, 2012, 5:27 PM

Spurrier made the change to Fitzgerald 4 years ago, immediately after Clemson physically dominated them in the Dabo's first game. Spurrier was demonstrably upset with the physical thrashing and made direct comments about the physical nature of the loss.

Fitzgerald was brought aboard a few weeks later. Immediate size/strength gains were seen and it hasn't stopped since. Fitzgerald is now at Penn State, but his protege, Joe Connolly, has maintained the same regimens. PE's are rampant in their program, but then too it's the only way to compete in a league where PE's are running wild. Spurrier will turn a blind eye as long as it helps to promote his name in the long run.

DING DING !! We have a winner !! *****

Dec 21, 2012, 6:44 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is a fact that PE's are used in Columbia. That's why

Dec 22, 2012, 12:54 PM [ in reply to It is a fact that PE's are used in Columbia. That's why ]

I'll call bullcrap on that, unless anyone can provide proof? The facts....not excuses....are that their strength training regimen focuses on kinetic strength while off balance, the exact kind of strength needed in a physical football game. Ours......well, not quite as modern an outlook, from what I've seen and heard. We can demonize people who kick our butts, but the real problem lies in our failings to take an honest and objective look at out S&C program.

Re: It is a fact that PE's are used in Columbia. That's why

Dec 22, 2012, 1:48 PM [ in reply to It is a fact that PE's are used in Columbia. That's why ]

That makes a lot of sense. Explains why Penn St. wanted Fitz, so they can win at all costs. Because I'm sure that's what Penn St. is looking to do right now

Re: Far-fetched? Hardly. They had the biggest....

Dec 21, 2012, 5:35 PM

After getting beat pretty soundly 4 straight I would blame steroids too

Oh good, another DA coot to ignore!***

Dec 22, 2012, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: So maybe the S. Car/Steroid thing isn't so far-fetched.

Dec 21, 2012, 5:40 PM

Said it before and will REPEAT IT. NCAA needs to test every team twice a year. They have the money. Only way to make football equal for all schools.

Hey, but who am I to suggest such a terrible plot to take down the SEC.

Dec 21, 2012, 5:51 PM

Your excuses taste so sweet.

Excuses?

Dec 21, 2012, 6:22 PM

Pretty funny. I've heard 'em all from you coots for years during the 65 times we've whipped you. It's still not a rivalry.
What excuse do you have for one conference championship in over 100 years of football? And many of those years you were in the "weak" ACC as you coots preach. Twenty plus years in the SEC and still no conference title. Oh that's right, "We playin the SEC and it's so hard."
Four game winnning streak is nothing. We've done it to you so many times. The pendulum will swing my fine feathered chicken. It always does. You guys are the kings of excuses. I've heard 'em for years. What excuses did you use for losing to Wofford, Navy, App St?
USuC football - over 100 years of mediocrity. 63-17! Now that's a whipping. Remember that? What was your excuse that night?

Re: Excuses?

Dec 21, 2012, 6:50 PM

so, so funny.. keep em coming, steriods, HGH, those big bad physical gamecocks need to be stopped, they are hurting us...there must be a reasonable reason this is happening, got to be illegal meds

Dec 21, 2012, 7:02 PM

why do you have no class?

Dec 22, 2012, 1:51 PM

no class would be claiming college kids you don't know are cheating and using illegal drugs without any proof

Not to mention the coots

Dec 21, 2012, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Excuses? ]

overall football record against mighty Duke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And another. This is a good thread.***

Dec 22, 2012, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: So maybe the S. Car/Steroid thing isn't so far-fetched. ]

The definition of awesome!

Dec 21, 2012, 6:56 PM

Nice! I'd say it's still a rivalry though!

Dec 21, 2012, 7:11 PM

Hey Will and Sam... there is no way SC coaches are better evaluators of high school talent, there is no way SC players work harder in the off season, there is no way SC players work harder in the weight room, there is no way SC coaches develop their players better.. and finally there is no way SC coaches are better game time coaches......no way, its the steriods, thats right the steriods.

Dec 21, 2012, 7:24 PM

again, why no class? I have not and will not make those arguments you stated.

Dec 21, 2012, 7:28 PM

havent you heard.. us coots have no class as you ask the question and became involved in the dicussion with your remarks

Steroid abuse? Won't be the first time at that cesspool.....

Dec 21, 2012, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Excuses? ]

you are so proud of. What a poor athletic record you coots have. After 200 years of silence I guess you can crow (like a chicken) if you feel you deserve to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct on all counts.

Dec 21, 2012, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Excuses? ]

Carolina coaches are not better evaluators of high school talent.

Carolina players don't work harder in the off season.

Carolina players don't work harder in the weight room.

Carolina coaches don't develop their players better.

And Carolina coaches are not better game time coaches. In fact, you can count on Spurrier to make several boneheaded decisions during the course of most games.

Carolina takes the same caliber of players as Clemson and makes them artifically bigger and stronger, and more game focussed..with performance enhacing drugs. Just like most of the SEC.

Just simple facts my #### loving friend. Just simple facts.

I have to disagree on one of your statements..USuCk does not

Dec 21, 2012, 8:31 PM

generally get the same caliber players Clemson does. Clemson generally has better players as far as the recruiting services are concerned.

All the rest of your statements are TRUE!

steroids maybe but this absolutley

Dec 21, 2012, 8:12 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/12/20/3789222/steroids-college-football-malnutrition

So we are all in agreement

Dec 21, 2012, 10:28 PM

That tha ##### can't compete without cheating... Caught many times before... FACT

Re: So we are all in agreement

Dec 21, 2012, 10:52 PM

when you lose to the #####, its the ##### that are cheating. when you lose to anyone else, its the referees, and when Mr.Cherry refs, its definitely cheating, right?

To be fair. you are on probation for cheating.

Dec 21, 2012, 10:55 PM

And it probably should have been more than just probation.

As for Cherry... if you can't see how bad of a referee he is, you're more delusional than I thought.

Dec 22, 2012, 1:08 PM

No excuses here - They've beat us four straight and we've got to get it done in Columbia next year to stop the bleeding...I felt we played a game we could have won a few weeks ago but were simply outcoached in the end...Spurrier is arrogant but a great coach and evaluator of talent... He's the big reason they are 8-1 versus FLA, GA and us over the past 3 years...In addition, playing against tougher competition as a whole pays great dividends over time and it certainly is has shown in the case of SC...A win over LSU would help set the ship straight for 2013 - we need a boost of confidence more than anything else.

did the sec kick auburn out ? we are 1-1 against the sec,

Dec 22, 2012, 7:19 PM

this year, and our defense is only crawling right now. IF we can keep who we have committed, and add 2-3 more highly thought of defensive linemen and/or secondary (true cb's would be nice), we have the makings of a very stout defense, to go along with a highly potent offense- that is a lethal combination on the field. we need to make it 2-1 against the sec this year to go into the off-season with a mindset of getting to- and over- the top.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sick of hearing this ####

Dec 22, 2012, 1:12 PM

Do you realize how bad you make our fanbase look when you post this kind of stuff?

We got beat. Not because they were bigger or faster, because they definetly were not. We got beat because we couldn't stop them on 3rd down and our offensive gameplan was horrible. If a couple plays in that game had gone different we would have won and you wouldn't be posting this stupid ####.

Re: I'm sick of hearing this ####

Dec 22, 2012, 4:23 PM

I posted nothing about our game with them. You're turning it into that, not me.

Dec 22, 2012, 6:51 PM

is the South Carolina baseball team on steroids too?

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic