Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If KB had thought this through, he could have had it all.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

If KB had thought this through, he could have had it all.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:29 PM

1) Publicly announce your support of Trevor and thank Clemson for the opportunity afforded to you.
2) Announce your plan to redshirt. However, remain on the team practice with 1's & 2's and run a hell of a scout team. Work to make your TEAM better.
3) Still have use of all of the amenities that come with being a Clemson player. Weight room, dietitians, etc
4) Under study a position coach/OC
5) Continue working on Graduate work
6) YOU have the option to play if TL was to be injured later in the season.
7) Enjoy 1 last run with guys you have built relationships with over the last 4 yrs.
8) Win another ACC/ National Championship
9) Ride off into the sunset a Clemson Hero
10) Transfer to another school and try to win there.

However, thats not what he did. He chose to abandon his team. I am not mad at him. He has to do what is best for him. What he didn't do is think about how his choice would affect others. Also, he should have never opened his mouth until him calmed down a bit. I think the comments are the most disappointing part of the situation.

With that said, thanks for all you did as a player and ambassador for Clemson University KB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent post and I agree with everything you said.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:45 PM

I fear Kelly had others whispering in his ear. My biggest disappointment are his comments on the way out. Everyone paying attention knows that KB was treated fairly. Thank you for being a Tiger and good luck elsewhere!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excellent post and I agree with everything you said.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:51 PM

I agree with all your points but here is the real question. If he is actually a legend in his own mind, why would he even want another year of college football ? Why wouldn't he just ask Dabo not to play him and keep the potential of a redshirt year and then go to the NFL draft ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excellent post and I agree with everything you said.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Excellent post and I agree with everything you said. ]

Yep. He probably had some agent with only $$$ in his eyes now realizing that he won't be able to cash out on him that pumped his head full of visions of how he could be just like Russel Wilson and prove 'em all wrong and go on to one of the BEST QB's in the NFL!!!

Only, that guy isn't serving KB's best interests at all...only his own by giving him advice based on an extremely low odds Powerball-like lottery shot at success in the NFL.

Re: If KB had thought this through, he could have had it all.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:53 PM

Since we all are not privy to their conversations, I have to wonder if KB had those options. I thought the same thing and was curious as to how this all came about. It could have gone in multiple directions. We just don't know, but I like the sound of those options listed if KB could deal with them. Each man is their own man.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:55 PM

Dabo said in his comments that he would have let KB stay, but not play on Gameday to preserve the redshirt.

It would appear all of OP’s options were available to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 3:01 PM

with all due respect to KB, I am not sure he has the maturity to do that (stay at Clemson while planning to redshirt). The only thing I have to base this on is his on field reaction during the spring game and his decision and comments to transfer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: If KB had thought this through, he could have had it all. ]

You are correct, Kelly Bryant was the captain of his ship and he just crashed it on the rocks!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 2:57 PM

Great post! KB could even have been given the chance to build on his coaching career. He was never NFL material but I think KB would make an excellent coach. What better staff to learn from Dabo and his staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post! Serious ques.. you can transfer as a grad student,

Sep 26, 2018, 3:05 PM

but is there timing that has to be met? Not sure if the transfer anywhere applies if you've already started graduate studies. Otherwise, spot on.

null

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic