Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sarkesian is still a recovering alcholoic.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,254

Sarkesian is still a recovering alcholoic.

Jan 7, 2017, 5:54 PM

Does it seem like a smart decision, to fire your offensive coordinator who's helped your program tremendously, a week before the national championship? Saban then proceeded to promote a recovering alcoholic in his place. And I do not mean to be disrepectful to anyone struggling with this problem, but I do not think it was smart of Nick Saban to of this.

I think it's going to be an utter failure. Addictions don't get fixed that quickly. The man was tanked during the games. I think it was a very premature and very bad decision for Nick Saban to make. In my opinion, his age is beginning to show.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would stay far away from this topic

Jan 7, 2017, 6:07 PM

Just my opinion. He's fought his way back and that's commendable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would stay far away from this topic

Jan 7, 2017, 6:12 PM

As I said, I did not mean anyway to be disrespectful to this man. I hope he is able to break this addiction. I have family battling this as well, and they battle to the day. Alcoholism isn't healed in 12 months.

I applaud Nick Saban for giving so many people second chances, as I believe in them as well. We all need grace.

But as I said, I think his is very premature and it raises a red flag that Saban is fearful of this Clemson team.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not about Saban giving second chances...

Jan 7, 2017, 7:39 PM

It's that these bums he hires now are the bottom of the barrel coaches that have ruined their own careers. Saban hires guys like Kiffen, Sarkisian, and Locksley because respectable coaches don't want to have to deal with his temper tantrums Saban has when Bama loses or has a close game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not about Saban giving second chances...

Jan 7, 2017, 8:37 PM

You're probably on to something.

Re: It's not about Saban giving second chances...

Jan 7, 2017, 11:51 PM [ in reply to It's not about Saban giving second chances... ]

Everyone who works for Nick knows they will soon move on to a job of head coach. I think Saban sees talent and ability and is willing to accept the negatives to get that talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would stay far away from this topic

Jan 7, 2017, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I would stay far away from this topic ]

You can't just say "I don't mean any disrespect but..." and then follow it up with nothing of substance. How much do you know about Sarkisian, or about his problem? How much do you know about his progress? You're grasping at straws and not providing any substance.

OK, doctor. Alcoholism is not cured in 12 months? Then

Jan 8, 2017, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I would stay far away from this topic ]

when is it "cured"?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll always be a recovering alcoholic, and because of that

Jan 7, 2017, 6:15 PM

every day, with or without a new job title, will be a struggle. I hope for him the best with his alcoholism and the hundreds of other parts of life it affects, but I hope we outwit him at his job on Monday and he makes it through what has got to be a very big, very bright, amazingly intense challenge for anyone to handle this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.......I know the OP meant well, but his post shows a

Jan 7, 2017, 7:46 PM

basic misunderstanding of alcoholism. It is something you do not "cure", thus you are forever recovering. Regardless of his position I wish Steve Sarkesian well with battle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly.......I know the OP meant well, but his post shows a

Jan 7, 2017, 8:37 PM

I do understand it, and I think he got his second opportunity prematurely.

Never mind the fact that players reported that while he was at Washington, he smelled like alcohol. So at two schools he is reported to be an alcoholic.

In my opinion, he may need to take a longer break away from football than 12 months.

Re: Exactly.......I know the OP meant well, but his post shows a

Jan 8, 2017, 3:46 AM [ in reply to Exactly.......I know the OP meant well, but his post shows a ]

I wish him well also but it is a great deal if pressure early in sobriety. I hope Sark has good people around him helping make a serious decision like this one.

Saban isn't stupid - obviously feels dealing with Sark......

Jan 7, 2017, 7:16 PM

is preferable to dealing with Kiffin - wouldn't have made the change otherwise.

Ding, ding, ding, ding.***

Jan 8, 2017, 12:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban & Belichick are one in the same. The second they get

Jan 7, 2017, 8:32 PM

somebody their status goes up. Take a problem coach for Saban or problem player for Belichick and for some reason all their problems seem to go away and others become interested in getting them. Neither coach takes any sh*t off anyone once they are apart of their team.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

U.S. Grant was one of the best generals of all time &a drunk***

Jan 7, 2017, 9:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U.S. Grant was one of the best generals of all time &a drunk***

Jan 7, 2017, 9:31 PM

Grant fought a dirty war and changed the way war was fought for the worse forever. Every time a civilians home gets burned, or people are starved you can thank that low life bum. Bad example.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U.S. Grant was one of the best generals of all time &a drunk***

Jan 8, 2017, 3:19 AM

Sounds like you knew him personally . Tell me , what do you call a Ulysses...ya know , as a nickname ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Winston Churchill is a better example

Jan 8, 2017, 2:21 AM [ in reply to U.S. Grant was one of the best generals of all time &a drunk*** ]

he was drunk every day, but still came up with the crazy idea for the Normandy invasion

Stupid post*****

Jan 7, 2017, 9:21 PM

why go here?***

Jan 7, 2017, 9:30 PM

Re: Sarkesian is still a recovering alcholoic.

Jan 7, 2017, 9:43 PM

Addictions are never really fixed. If you're a recovering alcoholic, you'll always be a recovering alcoholic...even if you've been sober for decades. I've had some very interesting discussions with addicts. That's not to say Sark, can't remain sober. I hope he does. It'd be a terrible life living under that burden.

You misspelled 'Sober, Recovering Alcoholic."

Jan 7, 2017, 10:11 PM

Everyone who has been an alcoholic will always be an alcoholic, drunk or sober. Yes, it's risky to hire someone like us to a high pressure job. You're correct, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sarkesian is still a recovering alcholoic.

Jan 7, 2017, 11:41 PM

I definitely hope it was a bad decision. Who knows? Many business executives make multi million dollar deals when they are half lit.

Alcoholoic ?***

Jan 8, 2017, 3:29 AM

DB23

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic