Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its actually kinda simple why we lost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Its actually kinda simple why we lost

Aug 31, 2014, 4:02 PM

1. The Gurley kick return shifted momentum very heavily in favor of UGA.

2. The UGA special teams forced us to start our drives inside the 10 or 15 almost the whole second half. This prevented CM from opening up his playbook, and forced us to call very conservative, plain vanilla offensive plays. As we all know, Clemson is not a team that thrives off of conservative play calling and this cause us to punt to UGA with terrible field position. Allowing your opponent to only have to drive 45-50 yards to score instead of 75-80 will result in a loss almost every time.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, people here can't wrap their minds around this b/c

Aug 31, 2014, 4:32 PM

they're too busy melting down and throwing everyone under the bus. You cannot give them that field position after every 3 and out and expect your defense to stop them every single time, there isn't an nfl defense that could do that an yet people are b!tching about defense. I swear people here get so irrational around football season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly, people here can't wrap their minds around this b/c

Aug 31, 2014, 5:18 PM

Bottom line is that the reason the game was lost is that Georgia was just flat better. The game is four quaters. Clemson hung in through two. But the second half wasn't even competitive. Especially up front where it counts. It is really a simple game. You can have all the motions, and cute plays you want, but if you are dominant up front you do what you want. You can even run the same play over, and over, as Georgia did with the toss in the 4th, and be dominant.

The game was competitive til the 4th quarter.***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its actually kinda simple why we lost

Aug 31, 2014, 5:23 PM

I don't put a lot of stock into the first game of the season... Hopefully, we will see a vast improvement in both O and D lines in the Fl-St game. If not, I fear it's going to be a long season...

Are you kidding me?

Aug 31, 2014, 11:03 PM

FSU is ten times better than that Georgia team.

What happened to our O Line in the 2nd half? That was a joke and they weren't even touching their guys.

I don't expect our defense to stop them after 14 consecutive 3 & outs where UGA gets the ball at midfield or better.

That was a debacle and we are just not good at anything. I don't care what spin you want to put on it or who you want to blame... We just got rolled on national TV... Again.

Rinse and repeat in three weeks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you kidding me?

Sep 1, 2014, 12:12 AM

NEWS FLASH!!! We have a ton of questions on offense!!!

Why are you acting like you didn't know this? Little to zero experience at most positions on offense. Humphries is not a #1 WR and we have nothing at RB. Everything that was a concern heading into the spring rared it's ugly head Sat night. I was very impressed with our secondary and Alexander.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

You forgot the crazy blitz packages that their DC called

Aug 31, 2014, 5:24 PM

He's a good DC, no doubt.

You gotta play to win, though, especially on the road like

Aug 31, 2014, 7:05 PM

that. I see the conservatism on play calling in the 2nd half as a lack of faith in the players to perform, which could well have been a self fulfilling prophecy the way it turned out. Let the boys play some ball.

A lot of football ahead this year. Looking forward to it.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely Self fulfilling prophesy***

Aug 31, 2014, 8:04 PM

On chad Morris's part

Re: You gotta play to win, though, especially on the road like

Aug 31, 2014, 9:44 PM [ in reply to You gotta play to win, though, especially on the road like ]

You are one of the people that look to far into things. The field position for the offense in the 2nd half was terrible. This puts strains on the play book. It's strategy 101! Why do you think it's so important for punters to pin teams down past the 10? This whole "he doesn't have confidence in our guys" sh* t needs to stop because it sounds fckn retarded. UGA has 4 5* RBs on their team that covers sh*tty QB play. They pounded the ball and wore our D out.

I'm more concerned with our field goal kicker kicking a ball to Atlanta in a 34 yd chip shot! Jesus.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: You gotta play to win, though, especially on the road like

Aug 31, 2014, 10:22 PM

I agree with the FG miss. That was embarrassing. We hit that we go to halftime tied up. Don't give up a 100 yard return and put Deshaun in to start 3rd quarter we either may be talking about how close we came or excited because we pulled it off.

One concern form me was not hearing Beasley's name all night. Nothing from Anthony really. Grady was getting blocked pretty well. Did Pagano get any snaps? I know Shaq Lawson came in and was in on a tackle. We just got to regroup and beat the SCST team convincingly and use Gallman, Choice, and Fleming at RB. We need to give Scott more receptions and I think Humphries is going to give me a heart attack on punt returns. He doesn't have that "it" factor. I think Scott or Alexander should get a shot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must agree. Got to have you some luck to win.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:37 PM

Like the coots for a few years now.

The problem was the best punt of the night, that flipped the

Aug 31, 2014, 11:06 PM

field, and I thought would be a big momentum swing in our favor, came right before they ran the ball down our throat for 82 yards.
It seemed out of nowhere, when they hadn't blocked us for 3 quarters all of a sudden there were some gaping holes to run through.
That was the key posession, and we whiffed on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually,

Sep 1, 2014, 6:51 AM

Dabo was responsible for us starting our drives deep in our territory in the second half, not the Georgia special teams.

Wow! GA made it hard for us to win so we lost

Sep 1, 2014, 6:58 AM

Who would have thunk they would have done that? You would think our main focus would have been on their best player--Girly 5, 10 15 yard line really doesn't matter. Our O line is supposed to blow them off the line and let out backs get us out of that situation. Sounds like a boo hoo waaaa they were mean to us AGAIN thread

I wish we would had....

Sep 1, 2014, 8:37 AM

SOLD OUT**

On stopping the run.
Heck, what was Hudson doing? QB-GA--- or what ever his
name was. Commit to stopping the run, and force their
QB to make plays...which he didn't. Or didn't have to.

What was suppose to have been Clemson's bright spot-DL.
Looked lazy, and unenthused. Other than Jerrett, that
wasn't the DL I expected.

Re: Its actually kinda simple why we lost

Sep 1, 2014, 1:06 PM

I am thinking the OL and DL on both sides had a bunch to do with it, as well as game plans. Also, the quick three and outs killed the D's chances to be effective in the second half, some of that is execution, some is play calling, because UGA's weakness was their secondary trying to cover the Clemson WR's in first half and that was abandoned in second half inexplicably. Watson would have given Clemson the mobility needed to escape that full scale blitz tactic and hit some down field strikes, his passing is beautiful.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic