Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know it's just Week 1...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 714

I know it's just Week 1...

Sep 12, 2020, 6:56 PM

...and Week 1 of a very weird year to boot, but I came away much less than convinced Notre Dame is any kind of threat.

They were better up front than Duke. Other than that they were about even, and that ain't going to get it done against Clemson.

FSU still looks like crap, and James Blackman has buffed up a bit and doesn't look quite like a statue of Slender Man in the pocket anymore, but I still fear for his life over the course of a season. I am amazed no one has broken him yet.

UNC looks a whole lot more dangerous than Notre Dame right now, at least to my eyes. Sam Howell looks like he could go as high as Mitch Trubisky in a year or so, and unlike Mitch Trubisky, he looks like he might actually deserve it, though he had a couple uncharacteristic throws he'd undoubtedly like back in the first half. They still boat-raced 'Cuse despite those two picks, though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly..

Sep 12, 2020, 7:14 PM

my same astute thoughts too, Q.

LOL & Let’s see the really big cats play ball soon!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly..

Sep 12, 2020, 7:25 PM

Amen, Bill.

It's not a normal season...but I will definitely take what I can get at this point.

Spot the ball!

Good analysis

Sep 12, 2020, 7:39 PM

I’m not sold on the tarholes quite yet.
Took them into the 4th quarter to put a pathetic Syracuse team away. Howell is a very good QB, but it’s going to take a lot more than him to beat Clemson this year if they get that far. You know the entire coaching staff is itching for another shot at those guys.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah still dont know what to make of it though

Sep 12, 2020, 7:42 PM

with teams not having a spring or summer to prep lots of sloppiness today.

Re: I know it's just Week 1...

Sep 12, 2020, 7:46 PM

Always love your football insights, Q.

Duke's starters are more skilled than I thought, but they don't have the depth to rotate out their defensive players to stay fresh.

Lack of preseason and supervised offseason conditioning didn't help.

Ian Book extended just enough plays to extend just enough drives to put Duke down. Other than Tyree, ND is still constructed like a B1G team.

Chase played like I thought he would: heart of a lion, execution good about 80% of the time, made a costly mistake when he pressed too hard. His team will be in every game.

For FSU, it's still the lack of discipline. Marvin Jones is awesome. If Blackman is still holding the ball too long against Tech, and he's in his 4th year, how is he ever going to get rid of it on time against us?

Replies: 5
| visibility 714
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic