Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coming from a Clemson fan who works at NCSU regarding Dave
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,713

Coming from a Clemson fan who works at NCSU regarding Dave

Oct 3, 2014, 8:26 AM

Doeren.

From Dave Doeren:

“We’re playing teams like Clemson with seniors and graduate students,” Doeren said, “and (have) freshmen and sophomores on our side. We’re a really young football team. We’re playing hard. We’re playing with passion. We’re practicing hard.

“We just don’t have the experience or the years in the weight room that our competitors do in some areas.”

“We tell our guys, ‘We’ve got to be great technicians,’” Doeren said. “We’ve got to play above our heads from an effort standpoint to meet up with the two and three differential on the teams we’re playing. That’s all it is. It’s just a youth thing.

“We’ve got 51 freshmen and sophomores and 15 true freshmen that are playing. It’s a lot different than Florida State and Clemson’s lineup.”

Doeren has no idea what he's talking about. Has he seen our offense that is virtually all freshman? We have a QB, the most important position on the field, that was playing in high school just last season! Brissett is a RS Junior!

Doeren is a complainer and whiner and excuse maker - kinda like his whole claiming that FSU was faking injuries and stuff.

Somebody get the guy a tissue (sniffle sniffle). Wow, if he thinks having juniors and seniors = wins, then he's badly mistaken. It's about talent and coaching. Otherwise good programs would have bad years every 2 years because they run out of juniors and seniors.

Oh yeah, and by the way, NCSU may be young overall but they have 9 out of 11 guys that are juniors and seniors starting on offense! And 7 out of 11 juniors/seniors starting on defense! What in the heck is Dave talking about!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly....

Oct 3, 2014, 8:39 AM

Even the talking heads at E$ecPN last weekend commented about what a veteran group of players NCSU had on both sides of the ball so it should not come as a surprise to see NC State giving FSU all they could handle.

Somebody needs to tie some kerosene rags around Dave's ankles in order to keep the ants off his candy a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Exactly....

Oct 3, 2014, 8:43 AM

You guys have to remember he isn't use to coaching at a big time level. For smaller schools you have to recruit players and build a solid team of upperclassmen. That only happens once every 4 years and you make your run. At the larger schools if you don't have talented freshman coming in and playing every season you are falling behind in recruiting.

null

Re: Exactly....

Oct 3, 2014, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Exactly.... ]

He is in CYA mode right now. He looks at his schedule and sees many L's and not many W's and he's trying to use anything he can to save his job. Guess I don't blame him, I'd do the same.

"Somebody needs to tie some kerosene rags around Dave's

Oct 3, 2014, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Exactly.... ]

ankles in order to keep the ants off his candy a$$."

About spit out my coffee on that juan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Coming from a Clemson fan who works at NCSU regarding Dave

Oct 3, 2014, 8:40 AM

There's really no excuse for his record. 0 conference wins. 0 wins against a major conference program. They weren't completely terrible when he took over. It tells you something that a 15 point loss at home is somehow something to brag about. ECU has 4 more ACC wins than NCSU in the past two seasons. But somehow he's going to turn it all around this week and win big in Death Valley. Sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairness to Dave....

Oct 3, 2014, 8:43 AM

Tom O'Brien didn't recruit very well at NC State. He really didn't leave Dave a whole lot with which to work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In fairness to Dave....

Oct 3, 2014, 8:51 AM

Those guys he didn't recruit played pretty well against FSU last weekend though.

Re: In fairness to Dave....

Oct 3, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to In fairness to Dave.... ]

Oh, you mean those awful Tom O'Brien players that actually beat a #3 FSU the year before they hired Doeren? Those players were good enough to beat FSU while O'Brien was there, but I guess somehow that win isn't as impressive as the 15 point loss Doeren pulled off last week. Heck, from what I can tell, the guy's now the front runner for Coach of the Year for that 15 point home loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2014, 9:00 AM

yea I heard some of those comments on 99.9. I work across from NCSU and have a lot of friends who are wolf packers. I hope we whoop them good bc these guys are driving me crazy after how they played last Saturday. and everyone of them believed with all their hearts that FSU were faking injuries. why would there best defensive player fake an injury and get taken out the game?

Very good point!***

Oct 3, 2014, 9:09 AM

Oct 3, 2014, 9:13 AM

What a TOOL... Has even looked at our depth chart, aside from the D line we are pretty d@mn young too?!!!

No kidding! He's just making up excuses***

Oct 3, 2014, 9:26 AM

Law, if stupid could be fixed...

Oct 3, 2014, 9:59 AM

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

He's right.

Oct 3, 2014, 9:28 AM

There's that and the fact that they get sloppy fifths when it comes to ACC recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,713
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic