Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ex-Coot Kicker Takes Shot at Dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,948

Ex-Coot Kicker Takes Shot at Dabo...

Oct 14, 2019, 2:22 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dabo-swinney-missed-kick-south-carolina-criticism

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ex-Coot Kicker Takes Shot at Dabo...

Oct 14, 2019, 2:26 PM

I think the part of the article that says, "has never played on an NFL team, but has had multiple tryouts", says all we need to know about little Mr. Fry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As if...

Oct 14, 2019, 2:29 PM

this dipS#!7s opinion matters to ANYONE !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 14, 2019, 2:39 PM

No coot had a problem when the ole ball sac was chewing out and benching qb's.

Oct 14, 2019, 3:22 PM

This reminds me of the fake punt that Will Spiers goofed up on and Dabo ripped his butt. Seems like a few games later Spiers redeemed himself and Dabo in true form could not have been more pleased with the play.

It has everything to do with EXPECTATIONS. Dabo knows Potter is better than he has been performing and has called him out of it. It had nothing to do with a kick to put Clemson up 31-0 at halftime. It has everything to do with a kick Potter could be making in December or January with the game on the line!

Tell this coot to go get a fulltime job and leave winning at the highest level to those that have actually done it a many times.

Wasn't that Teasdall, not Spiers?

Oct 14, 2019, 4:38 PM

But agree on Dabo ripping him appropriately.

Dabo also let him redeem himself with the fake punt/pass to Christian Wilkens against Oklahoma in the playoffs. Great coaching.

It was a wonderful moment as Wilkens caught the pass right in front of several Bluffton Tiger fans including my wife and me.
No one in the stands thought that Dabo would ever again let Teasdall fake a punt.

He lost all credibility after coot and again after kicker.***

Oct 14, 2019, 3:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 4:00 PM

Those are some telling comments, and frankly, I am glad to hear them. Opponents don't matter. Best is the standard. Chickens don't understand that. When they accept less than their best against a "weak" team, it becomes a habit. Before you know it, you are losing to The Citadel.

My money says BT will become a better player for this.

Oct 14, 2019, 4:29 PM

This is just my opinion but it seems like everybody outside of the Clemson Family is taking potshots at Dabo for a reaction most coaches would have had the same reaction. Especially after getting a turnover twice close to the Red Zone and coming away with nothing.

People do not realize what Dabo is trying to do. He is trying to get Potter’s attention and to make sure he stays in the entire game even though he is only a kicker. He is also trying to use this as a teaching moment. Every kick should be the center of Potter’s Universe during a game. Potter should know what’s going on and be engaged in the game. Saturday I think he lost focus and earned a spot in Dabo’s doghouse.

What if that had been a kick for the National Championship?? Rarely does Dabo lose his cool but it happens. But everyone of those players love Dabo and they know they are loved by the coaches and fans. When Potter leaves Clemson he will thank Dabo for that moment and for turning him into a man.

What gets me the most is Saban can act like a jerk on the sidelines and they praise him for it same with a few other coaches. However, outsiders are taking anything they can to throw a negative light on Dabo’s program. Most every team we play would probably be happy to lose every game as long as they beat Clemson. This is why I believe we get most opponents best shot. Kind of like SC Saturday. When is the last time you have seen a SC team play with that much intensity and UGA playing in a fog like funk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 5:51 PM

Small fry or French fry or whatever you want to call him is irreverent.

Oct 14, 2019, 5:57 PM

My daughter ripped him a new one. Finished it off by saying if you ever played in a meaningful game then you could talk. You haven't so S T F U! I was so proud!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, if the kicker is screwing around, not paying attention..

Oct 14, 2019, 6:00 PM

...to the game and a coach has to go find him because the kicker doesn't know he's supposed to be out on the field...then he misses an easy chip shot then the Dabo critics think that DS should pat him on the back and invite him over for tea and crumpets? Weird....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,948
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic