Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We've come a long way
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

We've come a long way

May 3, 2018, 1:17 PM

+_

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Ain’t that the truth

May 3, 2018, 1:21 PM

I never want to see those sorry terrapins on our schedule again??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

White jerseys at home?

May 3, 2018, 1:23 PM

I'm happy some things about Clemson change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

looks shopped

May 3, 2018, 1:24 PM

That is clearly old players superimposed onto a pig of the hill from last season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Evidently we ran down The Hill after halftime, because all

May 3, 2018, 1:48 PM

of the students are gone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Evidently we ran down The Hill after halftime, because all

May 3, 2018, 1:49 PM

The more things change the more they stay the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Evidently we ran down The Hill after halftime, because all

May 3, 2018, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Evidently we ran down The Hill after halftime, because all ]

This must have been in the late 60's or early 70's as that is how I remember the hill during games then. We (kids) could get cardboard from concession stands and slide down the hill all during the game. There were about that many people in the stands as well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, we would slide down the grass in the corners, too.***

May 3, 2018, 2:00 PM

That's a late 50s-early 60s team.***

May 3, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Evidently we ran down The Hill after halftime, because all ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the tiger on top of the scoreboard has seen it all.***

May 3, 2018, 1:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: And the tiger on top of the scoreboard has seen it all.***

May 3, 2018, 2:49 PM

I am glad the scoreboard Tiger has survived to this day. A cheesy but iconic part of the Death Valley experience, watching the Tiger's eyes light up, and tail wag after a score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anybody remember the late 70's "roar" when we scored

May 3, 2018, 2:59 PM

sounded like a giant toilet flushing. It was still better than the woo hoo we got going on now.

And, beats a chicken clucking.***

May 3, 2018, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

That’s the manliest thing you’ve ever said.

May 3, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Does anybody remember the late 70's "roar" when we scored ]

Congrats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I was in the stands when that was taken

May 3, 2018, 1:56 PM

Notice there is no rock at the top of the hill. I was enough of a junkie I got there early enough to see the teams warm up.

This looks to be from the mid-60s - I was probably........

May 3, 2018, 1:57 PM

at that game with my now-late father.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think I see SID Bob Bradley at left top in white dress shirt

May 3, 2018, 2:47 PM

& brown pants. Looks like he’s contemplating coming down the Hill, maybe.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In what variation of "Clemson" or "Tigers" is there an "A"?***

May 3, 2018, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It used to say IPTAY in the endzones coot.***

May 3, 2018, 2:57 PM

How am I supposed to know that?

May 3, 2018, 3:07 PM

I've only been following Clemson football for 3 years.

welcome to the "winning" program

May 3, 2018, 5:05 PM

coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Thank you.***

May 3, 2018, 8:26 PM

absolutely.

May 3, 2018, 9:28 PM

and here’s hoping dsq is enjoying the sabbatical and will “pass go” soon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Did he get to go on a vacay again? Must’ve missed that.

May 3, 2018, 10:01 PM

Hoping for a poast card

Message was edited by: lovingit®

"Clemson Agricultural College!?"

May 3, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to In what variation of "Clemson" or "Tigers" is there an "A"?*** ]

coot

The oak trees were only 3 feet tall....

May 3, 2018, 3:04 PM

Back then. Now they are gone. Actually the oak trees were probably mature, but not as full. No leather helmets? No Mike Williams goal posts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The oak trees were only 3 feet tall....

May 3, 2018, 4:52 PM

Had to be in the sixties. Hootie put the PAW on the helmet in 1970.

Re: We've come a long way

May 3, 2018, 5:52 PM

If it was the 1955 season, or later, I was there. The dates when carpet was first used and the Tiger installed above the scoreboard should help identifying the time frame. I don't see busses behind the players so I assume this was when the dressing room was still in Fike.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've come a long way

May 3, 2018, 6:01 PM

The players dressed in Fike, actually walked down the street and then ran down the hill to get into the stadium. I know as I was one of them. Had to walk back up the street after the game to get back to Fike to take a shower.

the most exciting 10 seconds in college football***

May 3, 2018, 8:31 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This picture was taken the day after Dabo was born

May 3, 2018, 9:39 PM

I was born on November 21st and Dabo was born the day before!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

that’s obviously the Cleveland Browns Moran!***

May 3, 2018, 10:01 PM

null

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic