Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone on ESPN has picked LSU, what does...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Everyone on ESPN has picked LSU, what does...

Dec 13, 2012, 5:56 PM

Clemson need to do to win this game? Everyone has stated that LSU's front 7 will take over the game and make our offense non existent. My thing is Ellington ran for 5 ypc and McDowell 16 ypc versus SCar, but we went away from the run with the lead and scar just killed our corners on 3rd down. Tajh was bad mechanically on short throws to wr, hope that's fixed.

What happened to the sweep with from last year to keep the d honest? Backside hb screens, draws, wr screens, etc? Heck we should of just run dive plays and let ford clear out the middle, bring in a fullback if you have to.

Those are my thoughts on the bowl matchup. LSU has to play nickel, so more like facing their front 6. If we can't run the ball we will suffer.

What do you think Morris needs to do to overcome the LSU d?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They apparently watched the FSU and SCar games***

Dec 13, 2012, 6:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They apparently watched the FSU and SCar games

Dec 13, 2012, 6:14 PM

there is always a catch. blowing it on the big stage is one people dont forget unfortunately

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They apparently watched the FSU and SCar games***dUH!

Dec 13, 2012, 6:24 PM [ in reply to They apparently watched the FSU and SCar games*** ]

Writing like your photo looks as usual!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think there may be a coincidence?

Dec 13, 2012, 8:07 PM

I don't want anything to fly over your head

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone on ESPN has picked LSU, what does...

Dec 13, 2012, 6:10 PM

Who wouldn't pick LSU? I mean honestly our defense made a JV quarterback look like an All American. To be honest we are not a complete team. We are on our way, but in order to beat the best (like LSU) you have to have a complete team and program

Dec 13, 2012, 6:22 PM

Replay of USuC game. We have same defense and same offensive line. Hope we win but I really don't see how.I thought we could score enough points to beat USuC but was disappointed. See no difference here. Just MHO.

Dec 14, 2012, 3:11 AM

the o-line did a pretty good job against usuc,imo. heck, they knew we were gonna throw the ball in the 2nd half, so the usuc d just pinned their ears back and came after us.

Everyone on ESPN has picked LSU, what does...Yes!

Dec 13, 2012, 6:23 PM

More running, play action with occasional long pass, and no using of "pocket" More Ball control, Chad needs to redeem himself for messing up the offense and therefore the defense in the 2nd half. The defense was on the field for 29 min. in 2nd half - they were doing alright except for having to be on field too long and 2 bogus pass interference calls on 4th and long and 3rd and long! Remember holding the ball for almost 8 minutes to end NC state game. GO TIGERS GO CHAD PROVE YOURSELF AGAINST A GOOD FAST SEC DEFENSE. WINNING THIS GAME WILL TAKE CARE OF ALOT OF PROBLEMS!

will be tougher to run against LSU, but easier to pass

Dec 13, 2012, 6:41 PM

they have not covered the pass well at all recently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear some

Dec 13, 2012, 6:43 PM

of you. I'm specifically talking about what our offense has to do scheme wise. I think Tajh missing those short throws was huge vs scar. We will give up points, but we have to stay on schedule on o and put up points, I think we can afford one turnover and need to rush for 150+ to win.

Everyone picked CU vs. WVU last year.***

Dec 13, 2012, 6:45 PM

Dec 13, 2012, 6:48 PM

LSU doesn't kill anyone. If Clemson can get a few turnovers or score on special teams or defense they can win the game.

Straight up LSU is tough to beat. But they are not at home. They are not that good on offense. I think they are a little over rated.

As much as I hate to say it, IMO Clemson has a decent shot of winning this game.

Dec 13, 2012, 9:03 PM

I will take it for what it's worth and no more but that is the only nice thing I've ever heard from a gamecock fan about Clemson. Thank you.

Did you watch...

Dec 13, 2012, 7:38 PM

Our o vs FSU and scar? Regardless of what those 2 defenses did it was very apparent that our game plan vs scar was incredibly vanilla. Is this why we are going to play a patsy before scar next year? All the sec teams do heck uf almost lost one, I'm convinced they were planning ahead for FSU. We just seemed too plain the last game of regular season, while we threw the house at FSU.

So LSU has a better O than Scar and a better D than FSU?

Dec 13, 2012, 7:42 PM

What are you smokin? LSU is beatable, theyre playing in the Peach Bowl for pete sake!!
Will Clemson win? ####, I dont know.
Can they win? You bet your a$$ they can!

Dec 13, 2012, 9:19 PM

It doesn't matter if our offense scores lights out. The fact is, our defense can't stop a decent offense(or hasn't since I don't know when. Our defense will allow LSU to stay in the game, If we can score, and LSU has a good enough defense to stop our offense. Why would anyone pick us to beat LSU. This team better focus for the rest of the practice time they have if they want to have any chance to win.

Dec 13, 2012, 9:21 PM

I absolutely want to win.

But at this point, I can only hope we don't flat out quit at the sign of the first thing going wrong (like last year).

This is a Primetime game on ESPN on New Years Eve. As many people will probably watch this game as they did the OB last year...and I can't handle another meltdown.

Dec 13, 2012, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Everyone on ESPN has picked LSU, what does... ]

That's right!!! They need to practice as hard as they can. I believe they can beat LSU, but they did have enough confidence in us to favor us over the coots, but we weren't ready to play. There is no reason to pick us to win, but I believe we are certainly capable of beating LSU.

Clemson Soldier

I'm still peeved that we stopped running Hot Rod since Hot

Dec 14, 2012, 1:13 AM

vs Coots!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2012, 1:18 AM

Their O line may be at full strength for the game. There is no way we take anything from them play line-to-line. We definitely will need some creativity, but we've shown that before.
Two injured linemen are in. Josh Williford is 6-7, 332. Monster.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20121212/lsu-bowl-game-injuries.ap/index.html

Ummm....that's why E$ecPN picked LSU to play Clemson in

Dec 14, 2012, 8:14 AM

the first place...... Come on, think.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic