Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everybody saw it coming back in Feb.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 317

Everybody saw it coming back in Feb.

Apr 1, 2020, 11:03 AM

Who said that this morning?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everybody saw it coming back in Feb.

Apr 1, 2020, 11:24 AM

Well, I cannot speak for EVERYBODY buuuuuutt I saw it coming as was busy getting ready. I also changed my work habits and routines. One did not need to be rocket scientist to know it was bad and was coming to the USA>

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 11:30 AM

Me too, bro. I think Tiggy and another handful of folks here discussed this. I remember posting something Tom Cotton said and getting landblasted for being a political hack.

Anyway: Some folks here were blindsided, reckon why?

https://twitter.com/JohnAshbrook/status/1244993365038501889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1244993365038501889&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redstate.com%2Felizabeth-vaughn%2F2020%2F04%2F01%2Ftwo-fateful-events-occurred-on-january-15-one-loud-one-quiet-have-changed-the-u.s.-for

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 11:37 AM

Folks that laughed at my "getting ready" are now asking if I know where they can buy items. Told them I have not bothered keeping up with it since my needs were filled months ago. Wished them luck!

I've left the house 5 times since Feb 15th.

Apr 1, 2020, 11:45 AM

I don't go when I don't have to and being retired, having a project car to work on and being a misanthrope (according to Geechietiger, RIP old buddy) there's not much social activity for me. Being broke helps too.

Yes, I'm prepared and I haven't bought a mask nor am I overstocked on toilet paper. I picked up a gallon of denatured alcohol and a couple bottles of cheap hand lotion. I mean, if I don't mix it up for hand sanitizer I can figure out how to use it somehow.

Apr 1, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Everybody saw it coming back in Feb. ]

I remember this. Two weeks later. Jan 31, Trump banned travel from China and Europe.

Yeah, remember.

Apr 1, 2020, 2:54 PM

He stopped incoming from China to distract everyone from the impeachment.

Apr 1, 2020, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Everybody saw it coming back in Feb. ]

MemphisCat said:

I remember this. Two weeks later. Jan 31, Trump banned travel from China and Europe.

Trump didn't "ban" travel from China. He banned Chinese nationals from entering the U.S. Americans and Europeans were free to travel to and from China for a month until the airlines themselves shut down flights.

How is this information so easy to obtain, yet you put out this false narrative?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 9:20 PM

It's important to note that Trump began receiving warnings of a Pandemic from the Intelligence Community back in January. They warned him that the virus spreading in China could potentially spread to the U.S.

Trump did nothing, and played down the threat for weeks. The only exception was he banned CHINESE nationals from entering the U.S. The flights to China continued for a month, Americans were and did come and go to China until the airlines shut down the flights.

You just can't defeat facts. Trump is a political animal and his first response was to try to enhance his chances at reelection by talking up the economy and downplaying the virus that was shocking the markets.

It's free info. It's everywhere on the internet. The world knows that we were unprepared for this Pandemic. We still need tests, we're running out of medical supplies and Trump has only forced one company, General Motors, to produce ventilators. He could force other companies to produce supplies but he hasn't yet.

The National Stockpile is running out. Facts are pesky things.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/protective-gear-in-national-stockpile-is-nearly-exhausted-dhs-officials-say-1.624494

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/coronavirus-protective-gear-stockpile-depleted/2020/04/01/44d6592a-741f-11ea-ae50-7148009252e3_story.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 317
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic