Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ever notice that no one ever thinks they're a racist?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 94
| visibility 1

Ever notice that no one ever thinks they're a racist?

Jun 29, 2020, 9:05 AM

Several examples of "Karens" or others committing overtly racist acts, only to apologize but qualify and say "I'm not a racist" in their apology.

You've got the Wilmington cops, the Central Park Karen, the Sidewalk Art Karen. All being blatantly racist, but all saying that they are "not racist" in their apologies.

I think we all know that there are tens of thousands, if not more, racists in the US. But how many of them would admit that they are racist? Honestly, probably less than 1%.

That is probably the best illustration of "systemic racism". People that are racist, and don't even realize they are racist. It's so ingrained in what they consider normal behavior, that they cannot recognize that they are inherently racist.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do what?!

Jun 29, 2020, 9:07 AM

Come again Karen.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do what?!

Jun 29, 2020, 9:15 AM

Think about it. When's the last time you saw someone do an overtly racist act, only to say, "yeah, I did it because I'm a racist."

Even White Supremacists don't classify themselves as racist. They believe whites are better than other races, but since it's a "known fact", it is not considered racist.

Think about it - you just generalized because of 3 examples

Jun 29, 2020, 2:32 PM

I think that makes YOU the Racist.

Discrimination in any form is the willingness to act without specific basis - generalizing all people base on a few is the Highest Form of this Arrogance.

Whuuuut?

Jun 29, 2020, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen

Jun 29, 2020, 9:13 AM

Is derogatory and Racist in itself. You are degrading white women. Racism is not just the Magic Bullet of people of color. So you must be a racist too.

Message was edited by: morbidtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen

Jun 29, 2020, 9:19 AM

Yes I'm racist

Probably so.***

Jun 29, 2020, 9:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 29, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

Or maybe you like to make posts on other teams boards to try and paint them as racists? Much more likely.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:32 PM

Between the two of us, my guess is I'm the only one with multiple degrees from Clemson

Multiple degrees from the same university isn't usually...

Jun 29, 2020, 12:39 PM

bragged about.

It is allowed if it is Clemson.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jun 29, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

Another case where you make a statement without knowing the other person or the content of their character, Tigerrag86.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Graduate degree in Structural Engineering.

Jun 29, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering. Undergraduate degree in Mathematics (Lander University). All earned with honors and academic awards.

Keeping trying, troll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

WOW!***

Jun 29, 2020, 2:09 PM

I know you are being sarcastic, coot.***

Jun 29, 2020, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 29, 2020, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

You must have not had a very good experience to post the kind of utter trash you spew on a board dedicated to your alma mater. I feel like if I did it right I really only needed one degree though.

Jun 29, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

Yes you are.....

Jun 29, 2020, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

I laugh at the anti-Karen crowd. White women, more specifically GOOD LOOKING white women are the most priveledged people on earth . There is no close second..

Jun 29, 2020, 10:28 AM

Lol. The #metoo movment says hello. Why are so many women victims of sexual harrasment? Why do women earn 70 cents on the dollar a man does?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 11:48 AM

CUdude98 You and people like you are the root cause of much of today's problem. You spew back bull$hit someone spoon fed you without regard to truth.

A perfect example of the liberal echo chamber. You hear something 25 times, and assume it is true and everyone else believes it. It's called propaganda.

What was your major? Communications? Modern feminism? Whatever it was, it didn't teach you to think.

Go to the Dept of Labor, try this site: www.bls.gov/opub/reports/womens-earnings/2018/

I know this is going to be hard, so I will lead you through it. First you need to know how to read a plot or graph. Please google that topic, and then you can understand the figure (on the link) you are incorrectly quoting out of context. The single number (ratio of women to men’s earnings) is above 80%.

Now I know you snowflakes like simple things, like one number, because you get easily confused. However, if you are going to post publically, you have some responsibility not to be a dumb $####.

Of particular importance is this sentence on the DOL website: “The earnings comparisons in this report are on a broad level and do not control for many factors that can be important in explaining earnings differences, such as job skills and responsibilities, work experience, and specialization.”

Does this make you think of anything you may have not considered? It should.

This data is a simple sum of W2-type information. That’s it. Here are some major facts that affect these data:

- Many salary surveys have engineering jobs of various types in their top 10. I’ve seen one where 9/10 of the top 10 were engineering jobs. Women make up only ~18% of engineers. They similarly make up fewer STEM jobs overall, which we know generally pay well. These facts are a primary cause of women having lower salaries, and it has nothing to do with women being oppressed.

- Other job examples: the far majority of nurses and teachers are women. Nurses are paid pretty well (not as much as STEM careers), but teachers are historically underpaid. Neither of these careers offer the plethora of promotion potential that STEM careers offer. Thus, many of these women’s earnings are effectively capped.

- Many women leave the workforce to have children. Many of those women never come back, but the ones that do have an experience gap compared to their peers and may miss or have delayed promotions. This can obviously cause their salaries to be lower compared to a similarly aged colleague. Also, many women also choose to treat their salaried job as an hourly job so they can be with their kids, etc. and do not put in extra hours many of their peers do. These things can lead to lower salaries, and it has nothing to do with women being oppressed.

- Many highly educated women marry highly educated men. These highly educated people naturally have high income potential. Thus, many of these women can and do choose to leave the workforce to stay at home because their husband’s salary can provide. Thus, earnings data is further skewed by having these potential high income earners out of the workforce.

All of these, and more, reasons obviously tend to skew the data. To throw out basically fake numbers is disingenuous. Evening citing the correct number of ~83% is irresponsible without context.

By the way: white men earn 78% as much as Asian men. Are you outraged?

Jun 29, 2020, 11:55 AM

Wow... im an engineer. My wife is an engineer. I know statistics. Ive seen women engineers marginalized.

Its a hard road for women in manufacturing and other male dominated fields.

Im not outraged but just find it funny that everyone wants to say how privileged everyone is without walking a mile in their shoes. Try having some empathy.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:03 PM

My wife even had an interview where she was asked how old she was and if she planned on having kids/had kids. She didn't get the job.

Do you know any males that get that line of questioning?

Jun 29, 2020, 12:19 PM

I'm staying out of this on either side, but just want to add that it would be a little odd if a male was asked if they planned to have kids ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 12:25 PM

Why? Males with children might spend less time at the office right?

Jun 29, 2020, 12:38 PM

Just trying to lighten the mood, nevermind...

I don't think you understand this statistic. Studies show

Jun 29, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

that when you account for a myriad of other factors, the salary delta is a couple percent between men and women.

Put it another way, if there were truly a 30% delta in salaries between men and women with zero other factors other than their gender, why wouldn't you just start a company and hire only women? That's a 30% cost savings right off the bat. You would crush your competition.

null

Re: I don't think you understand this statistic. Studies show

Jun 29, 2020, 12:15 PM

Data from SWE (Society of women engineers)

Showing a pay gap exists between male and female engineers.

https://alltogether.swe.org/2018/04/pay-gap-in-engineering/

Re: I don't think you understand this statistic. Studies show

Jun 29, 2020, 12:19 PM

BTW i was responding to the person who said white women were the “most privileged of everyone at it wasnt even close”.

Things like a pay gap and sexual harassment should be considered when making blanket statements like that.

The whole idea that anyone should be dismissed in this

Jun 29, 2020, 12:23 PM

country because they have "privilege" due to their race or gender is garbage. I have no interest in categorizing large demographics of people as either "privileged" or "victim". The whole mindset is poison and antithetical to the individualism of this country.

null

Yes, the follow-up post that illustrates my point.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think you understand this statistic. Studies show ]

This is exactly the type of analysis I am referring to. A graph from Society of Women Engineers that shows a pay gap for men and women in "comparable jobs". What does that mean? How does that relate to years of service, advanced degrees or accreditation? What is a comparable job? The fact that they don't even address these qualifiers should give you pause.

null

Re: Yes, the follow-up post that illustrates my point.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:29 PM

Do you have a study that shows the pay gap is equal? Ill hang up and listen. :)

I good Op-Ed that covers the issue. Apologies if it is

Jun 29, 2020, 1:15 PM

firewalled:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wage-gap-myth-that-wont-die-1443654408

null

Re: Yes, the follow-up post that illustrates my point.

Jun 29, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, the follow-up post that illustrates my point. ]

CUdude98 Yes, just posted them:

This one is even from a left-wing org:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/03/an-economist-explains-why-women-get-paid-less/

See the paragraph that says "When you compare men and women with comparable educations at the beginning of their careers, working full-time in the same occupation and sector, the gender gap in earnings has largely disappeared in many advanced industrial economies."

and this

https://www.payscale.com/data/gender-pay-gap

Which has data all over it. When you control for factors that should be controlled when making a comparison, women make 98% of men in general. In Engineering and Science the ratio is 1.0 - equal.

How does it feel to have your liberal bubble popped?

Jun 29, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

You know statistics? What does that mean?

See this article that even states in Engineering/Science Disciplines THERE IS NO PAY GAP when the data is controlled for the things I mention above. This is in the blue table under section: THE GENDER PAY GAP BY OCCUPATION.

https://www.payscale.com/data/gender-pay-gap#section02

If there is a professional woman that is not paid equitably, they should get an attorney because it is the easiest thing under the sun to prove or disprove. A simple excel workbook of "HR" data and performance reviews is all that is needed. Plus there are 10,000,000 attorneys out there dying to have these women walk through the door, and they will take the case on contingency.

The real story is most women do not get attorneys because they know there is something underlying their pay differential, if it exists, like poor performance. Poor performance can be driven by sitting around all day trying to determine salaries of co-workers to get yourself pissed off and see yourself as a victim. Or maybe this is more of a problem for you all spending too much time on TNet and around the water cooler spewing your liberal outrage.

Even this article from a left-leaning site says “When you compare men and women with comparable educations at the beginning of their careers, working full-time in the same occupation and sector, the gender gap in earnings has largely disappeared in many advanced industrial economies.” which includes the U.S. www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/03/an-economist-explains-why-women-get-paid-less/

Jun 29, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

They don't...

People make up fake statistics.

That's why.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only white people can be racist.***

Jun 29, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

Jun 29, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Hey genius, Calling someone a Karen ]

wow. calling someone a karen is racist. this is why I come to tigernet. the intellectual repartee.

Good points, but that's not what I consider systemic racism

Jun 29, 2020, 9:23 AM

It's more of a huge system that segregates entire people groups. Best examples are the Home Owners' Loan Act, National Housing Act and the Home Owners Loan Corporation, all established in 1933-34. They all essentially boiled down to black neighborhoods being denied wealth-building opportunities. Also the GI Bill after WWII basically had Jim Crow built in and heavily discriminated against black veterans. Mississippi's population was almost 50% black, but only two of the guaranteed 3,000 mortgages from the GI bill went to black veterans.

THAT'S systemic racism. The mad NASCAR people and Karens are just regular ole racists.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good points, but that's not what I consider systemic racism

Jun 29, 2020, 9:27 AM

I agree, those are the definitions of system racism.

But things like saying that black men are lazier, and more likely to be bad fathers, are ingrained beliefs that come about due to legislation and executive policy, that you listed, that created these realities/myths

Jun 29, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Good points, but that's not what I consider systemic racism ]

I don't think anybody is arguing that systemic racism existed in the past, you left out American slavery in your examples. You also left out LBJ's war on poverty and the subsequent welfare programs that have eviscerated the black nuclear family for the last 50 years. No doubt the past impacts the future but what are the current examples of systemic racism?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 9:39 AM

All of Homeslice's examples still have an effect on black families today.

Ever heard of Gerrymandering?

https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/06/gerrymandering-symposium-the-racial-implications-of-todays-partisan-gerrymandering-decision/

Jun 29, 2020, 10:17 AM

Nobody is arguing with the impact of historical systemic racism, I just want to hear about examples of its current existence. Where is it? You point to gerrymandering, that's a two way street. Look at Atlanta districts redrawn in 2000 when the democrats took charge.

Jun 29, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Good points, but that's not what I consider systemic racism ]

typo , nascar is racers

Jun 29, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Good points, but that's not what I consider systemic racism ]

It is 2020, things have changed a great deal. The civil rights lawyer that Mark Levin had on his show made a great deal of sense. He said, " This is not 1960" and he was right. Liberals are pretending we are still living the 1960's.

Do you think racism is equally prevalent among all racial groups?

Jun 29, 2020, 9:24 AM

Or do white people have a monopoly on that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Do you think racism is equally prevalent among all racial groups?

Jun 29, 2020, 9:29 AM

Racism in a position of power is much different than racism in an oppressed position.

If you're black and you have a dislike for white people due to the way that they treat you, is that racist? Probably. Is it understandable? Absolutely.

The whole "yeah, but" argument is lazy. Instead of addressing a known issue, you just say "Yeah, but black people can also be racist".

Confirmed racist ^^^***

Jun 29, 2020, 9:49 AM

This is the most racist post I have seen on this board.

Jun 29, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think racism is equally prevalent among all racial groups? ]

You should be cancelled, just like DSP was.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Racism requires power is bogus

Jun 29, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think racism is equally prevalent among all racial groups? ]

That’s discrimination and they are different. Racism is free and anyone of any race can practice it. Looking at it from a “position of oppression” because of how whites have treated them is stereotyping. The exact opposite as the blacks are lazy trope. Most whites are not rich, are hard working, and not in a position to victimize blacks. Not sure if you’re a troll or just very young and haven’t managed to think your way through all the propaganda out there.

lol.. mark***

Jun 29, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think racism is equally prevalent among all racial groups? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Justifiable racism.

Jun 29, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think racism is equally prevalent among all racial groups? ]

An excuse to hate someone because of the color of their skin? Hitler would be proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when white Americans were enslaved by African

Jun 29, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Do you think racism is equally prevalent among all racial groups? ]

Americans? Don't try to tear down their shrines and memorials to The Confederacy or they'll get angry.

White people, especially Southerners, are more likely to be racist and have the heritage to prove it.

Your logic is

Well, not very impressive.

Re: Ever notice that no one ever thinks they're a racist?

Sorry Bud, but this is what’s wrong with this country right now. Just having the mindset that everything is racist is what constantly stirs the pot. And we’ll never move forward when your constantly looking for racism. Cause anybody can twist a comment or symbol to make it racist. Officer Tatum sums it up quite well. https://youtu.be/88-dV9K_cHE

Jun 29, 2020, 9:30 AM

White people love finding black Republicans, or the single black person that doesn't agree with BLM. You know these guys get paid to sell out and make these videos, right?

Jun 29, 2020, 9:43 AM

tigerrag86 said:

White people love finding black Republicans, or the single black person that doesn't agree with BLM. You know these guys get paid to sell out and make these videos, right?

Are you suggesting that all black Republicans are sellouts? Lol and you have the balls to call other people racist? Stop projecting.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 29, 2020, 9:47 AM

Read better. Try again.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:27 PM

You say “yea but” is a lazy response but you turn around and call somebody a “sell out” because their opinion differs from yours? Talk about a lazy answer.

Lol. Unbelieable. Here's what I think - if you take two

Jun 29, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Ever notice that no one ever thinks they're a racist? ]

young black men in America and you tell one of them to follow what this gentleman just said, and let the other one be guided by you, the first one is going to be in a much greater position to be successful in life, in every way that term is used. Just my opinion.

null

I hope this man's message gets through to some of its

Jun 29, 2020, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Ever notice that no one ever thinks they're a racist? ]

intended audience. He is, in my opinion, thinking very clearly on the subject, and his message, fully embraced, would serve black Americans more than anything that is making headlines these days.

null

Jun 29, 2020, 9:32 AM

Please explain to me how that is “systemic” ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B-Meist will you please move this to the P&R board?

Jun 29, 2020, 9:41 AM

At least it's not his 10,000th post about coronavirus...

B-Meist®

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: B-Meist will you please move this to the P&R board?

Jun 29, 2020, 9:48 AM

Yeah, I was horribly 3 months ago saying that US would have the worst numbers in the world and that CFB wouldn't be played this fall.

And yet, you just keep refusing to stop being wrong.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:41 PM

Too bad Crump® is too busy NOT reading the site feedback forum to fix this shyatt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Wow...just wow !!!!***

Jun 29, 2020, 9:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 29, 2020, 10:17 AM

I think you are missing part of the picture. Whether it be racism or any other aspect of moral values, people fail to live up to their own standards all the time and do things they regret.

If you look at where we are today, it is a good thing that as you are saying, almost all people in America would agree racism is bad and if they fail to live up to this standard they apologize and say they do not agree with racism. Do you not think this is better than the 1950s and or 60s per say when many people, politicians especially would do things and say they were purposefully basing it on racism/segregation?

Message was edited by: CTiger18®

Jun 29, 2020, 12:25 PM

That's probably true. But you, as well as most replies to this message, didn't even bother answering the question.

Why is it that there are tens of thousands of actual racists, but no one that admits they are a racist, even after committing obviously racist acts?

Jun 29, 2020, 2:27 PM

I did answer this question. Because the vast majority of people you are saying are racist don’t agree with racism, they are just making bad decisions and realize after how stupid/wrong they were.

Words mean something...

Jun 29, 2020, 10:24 AM

Prejudice and bias do not mean racist. 100% have prejudice and bias. The key is knowing yourself.

Labeling everything as racist diminishes the focus on actual racism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice pulse, bro.***

Jun 29, 2020, 10:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ever notice that no one ever knows they're a MORAN?***

Jun 29, 2020, 10:35 AM

do you even know what racism is? lol

Jun 29, 2020, 10:51 AM

I'm assuming your a lib cause dumb ### so you probably dont know

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ever notice that racism is not a one-way street?***

Jun 29, 2020, 10:53 AM

Jun 29, 2020, 11:00 AM

Dude, you are a complete freaking no-think person. Get off your #### social media and get your head on straight.

The only systemic racism in this country is by people like you who keep voting democrat, who keep creating/supporting dependence of the black community on the federal government.

This dependence is what continues the cycle of poverty. Poverty results in crime. Crime results in white people being "scared" of black people, given that
- White criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time.
- Black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse.
- Black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common.

So you see it is very simple. Educate blacks, do not make them dependent. Do this, and systemic racism as you see it goes away.

However, this will take 2-3 generations at least. You will not see much change as it will happen (it at all) after you are finished living.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:26 PM

I've actually voted republican many times before Trump. Didn't vote in 2016.

I never made this political, but sadly that's all some of you can see this day in age.

Thanks for the daily TNET lecture - #########***

Jun 29, 2020, 11:06 AM

Jun 29, 2020, 11:10 AM

Voting as a block for the democrats has perpetuated racism. Maybe BLM should form their own party.

There are a lot more people who are not racists,

Jun 29, 2020, 11:53 AM

but say or do something that many would consider to be racist behavior, but are not anywhere close to being actual racists. The definition has been broadened to the point that it is almost meaningless, except as a useful accusatory weapon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: There are a lot more people who are not racists,

Jun 29, 2020, 12:30 PM

This is certainly true. But what constitutes a "racist", if not someone that performs acts based on inherent bigotry and racial discrimination?

You can be racist, but an otherwise good person. Doesn't mean you're a bad person. Also doesn't mean you aren't a racist.

I struggle to see how someone saying that they "can't wait to kill the blacks" would just be someone who had racist behavior, and not a racist. Yet that's all we're seeing right now. White people, saying or doing racist things, getting chastised for that behavior, and then apologizing but saying that they are not racist.

If you were to do a poll across America, there would be zero racists in the entire country. Isn't that something?

I’m not a racist

Jun 29, 2020, 11:59 AM

I’m a realist!

Racism come in ALL colors

Jun 29, 2020, 12:15 PM

there are 2 sides to every coin and street.

Re: Racism come in ALL colors

Jun 29, 2020, 12:30 PM

Cool story. Tell us how you've been negatively affected by racism

I had to meet the entrance requirements for university.

Jun 29, 2020, 2:47 PM

They weren't lowered because of my race/gender.

the whole calling white women karens is racist***

Jun 29, 2020, 1:56 PM

Or even acknowledge that it exists..

Jun 29, 2020, 2:08 PM

People think of racism and think of segregation and the KKK. Many people are completely unaware that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and that they're continuing a legacy of being on the wrong side of history.

Re: Or even acknowledge that it exists..

Jun 29, 2020, 3:12 PM

So you know what everybody thinks? I think maybe you have bad luck thinking.

Lol. Of course, I don't.

Jun 29, 2020, 6:02 PM

But it is quite apparent if you pay attention and don't play dumb.

so how do i measure my racism?

Jun 29, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Or even acknowledge that it exists.. ]

You are assured that I am racist because of my race..(ironic). But who makes the call on that? BLM? AOC? some other "free thinker" in our gov't? And whats the cost? Where does this penance leave me?

Applying "round about logic" to everyone is very dangerous and wrong. We have historical markers of leaders who led with their assumptions of people groups and all we have to measure their accomplishments is mass grave sites and thousands upon thousands of dead people. So what do we try to ue their very methods to right a wrong? Its flawed and its an insatiable vortex that won't be satisfied until we all go down with it.

How about we improve upon life, liberty , and the pursuit of happiness. All of which are branded into our constitution.

Jun 29, 2020, 3:14 PM

This Karen thing is just what Trump needs to boost support from white women. I hear a backfire coming.

Jun 29, 2020, 3:57 PM

I think its more of a extreme progressive/socialist/marxist

Jun 29, 2020, 4:16 PM

tactic to throw out innuendo's and labels to a subject matter that can't be proven or dis-proven. You really cant prove what you're claiming but you also can't dis-prove it. Thats the perfect recipe for a social justice warrior ideology.

The problem is that it will then fall to whoever is calling balls and strikes to make the determination. And there's a huge difference in the strike zone for say an Adolf Hitler and a Ronald Reagan. That's why leadership selection in our our elections are so dire this time around. One will set us sale for marxism and class warfare and one will delay the ideology of the marxist. Its really not a great time in our history. We're losing our country to ideologues and at a rapid rate. It was once built on individual liberty and freedom and to the marxist ideologue..thats just not good enough for them. Because "they" know better than you do. Which is why now you're finding out that if your Caucasian living in America you're now racist, have been racist, and will always be racist whether you know it or not. (can't prove it or dis-prove it...perfect_)

And the best way to infiltrate is create chaos amongst the people groups (tribes) and swoop in and "fix" how our current system failed us. Biden and the democrats are vote hungry adn this crowd has infected that party to the point they can't stop it. So a vote for Biden is a vote to crack our constitution. Vote libertarian if you can't vote Trump. Thats fine. But we gotta send a message that our country can't be taken by ideologues.

It's just like a liar. Those who point at others and

Jun 29, 2020, 5:45 PM

constantly accuse them of lying are the true liars. People don't think they are racists, nor do their accusers KNOW that they are.

That's where all of this is so flawed. Fighting to "stop racism." Impossible...it is always going to be there on ALL sides. In order to "stop racism" there would have to be control over people's thoughts within their own brains. Everything we see right now is pandering and virtue signaling. Racists are going to be racists as long as humankind exists.....against ALL races.

This is just a political football that the Dems have been kicking around for decades. Maybe it's to deflect from their own documented history of outward racism as in the Klan, Jim Crowe, Slavery. They own all that.

You're right, most don't.

Jun 30, 2020, 10:45 AM

Most of the people I've met who make racist comments, use the N-word casually, and slam black people (or anyone not white) will quickly say, "I'm not racist" when pressed. I think that's the problem we're dealing with in most of this. Those who keep racism alive, most of them, don't realize they're doing it.

I've met very few who were openly racist and admitted it. But they're out there.

Also, LOL at the person arguing "Karen" is a racist term.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jun 30, 2020, 10:52 AM

I can't believe the OP is this stupid. LOL

In his OP where he was saying most people that are racist don't actually think they are, he used the term
"Karen". Which by definition is racist.

I guess you proved yourself right.

What a complete buffoon.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 94
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic