Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interestingly enough, this team is dangerous in tourney.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Interestingly enough, this team is dangerous in tourney.

May 26, 2015, 7:45 AM

Actually, with 2 top starters if we win those and get a good game from Long this team has a real chance to make the CWS. But we have to win the first 2 games and we have to cut down on errors, stop giving away outs on the bases, and get some hits with RISP. This rotation and lineup is built for postseason. I wouldn't be shocked if we make a run.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barring a CWS appearance, I still say replace Jack.***

May 26, 2015, 7:46 AM

Re: Barring a CWS appearance, I still say replace Jack.***

May 26, 2015, 7:48 AM

so, if jack makes it to omaha, that means he is a different coach than he is today, correct. here is an idea. lets pull for the team to win friday and let drad do his job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said Sir....Well Said

May 26, 2015, 8:14 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said Sir....Well Said

May 26, 2015, 8:20 AM

I hope the Tigers win the regional, the super regional and make it to Omaha. I hope they never lose.

But regardless of how this year ends, the Tiger Baseball program needs new leadership. Jack's done a nice job for a long time, but he needs to retire.

Win as many tournament games as possible. Then Jack should retire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we win it all, the Jack can go out on top! Sounds like a

May 26, 2015, 1:00 PM

plan to me. What do yall think?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even the most ardent Jack Leggett supporter has to admit....

May 26, 2015, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Barring a CWS appearance, I still say replace Jack.*** ]

that the Tiger Baseball program is in desperate need of new leadership.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Even the most ardent Jack Leggett supporter has to admit....

May 26, 2015, 8:51 AM

EVERYONE THINKS I AM THIS GREAT JACK SUPPORTER. BETTER GO BACK AND READ SOME OF MY POSTS. I AM FOR THE KIDS AND WHOEVER IS THEIR COACH. IT IS A FANS JOB TO SUPPORT WHOEVER IS THE COACH UNTIL HE IS NO LONGER THE COACH. DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO AGREE WITH ANYTHING HE DOES. OTHERS ARE HIRED TO HIRE AND FIRE. IF YOU DONT THINK IT EFFECTS THE KIDS TO HEAR IT IN THE STANDS AND ON THE INTERNET THEN YOU ARE TRULY AN IDIOT. WHY YOU THINK WE PLAYED BETTER ON THE ROAD THIS YEAR. I WILL BE SHOCKED IF THERE ARE NOT VISIBLE CHANGES MADE AFTER THE SEASON IS OVER. I CHOOSE TO PULL FOR THE COACHES AND PLAYERS AS LONG AS THEY ARE AT CLEMSON.

As any true fan of Clemson atheletics will do.***

May 26, 2015, 9:00 AM

athletics.***

May 26, 2015, 9:01 AM

No it is not my job to support a coach

May 26, 2015, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Even the most ardent Jack Leggett supporter has to admit.... ]

until he is no longer the coach. As a fan, I support the school and the kids that attend the school. Why should I ever feel compelled to support a coach? I support Dabo because he's done a great job. I supported Jack HOF for a long time, but no more. Why is it my job to support the coach?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No it is not my job to support a coach

May 26, 2015, 9:49 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16944495

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

And a late season run can't obscure this fact.

May 26, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Even the most ardent Jack Leggett supporter has to admit.... ]

If we won it all, would Jack be let go/resign? I doubt it, but the decline of the program over the last few years under Jack is undeniable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The dissonance here hurts my head ....

May 26, 2015, 10:08 AM

If ... big if ... Clemson was able to get to the CWS this year, and through the vagaries of fate actually win in Omaha, it would serve as undeniable proof of the program's decline under Jack?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. If we won it all now, it would be an incredible and

May 26, 2015, 10:55 AM

shocking end to an otherwise disappointing season, following a disappointing season last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I agree with this. Good point.***

May 26, 2015, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Barring a CWS appearance, I still say replace Jack.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Not if they play like they did against UNCheat....

May 26, 2015, 8:07 AM

The one consistent thing about this team is how inconsistent they seem to play from one game to the next.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Interestingly enough, this team is dangerous in tourney.

May 26, 2015, 8:11 AM

From a talent stand point yes we are dangerous... From a fundamentals stand point we are far from dangerous. It just depends on what team shows up. The team that went 3-1 vs FSU and beat Louisville or the team against UNC and other teams that we should have never lost to.

null

Re: Interestingly enough, this team is dangerous in tourney.

May 26, 2015, 8:43 AM

I will agree with the inconsistency issue...hopefully they relax and play. We really need a 3rd starter to step up and we need to give each pitcher run support. For years Jack has been questioned because of his small ball ways....I feel just the opposite this year...I think we need to do more small ball when we have runners on with no outs.

Regional stat comparison

May 26, 2015, 8:53 AM

things that stand out:
Fullerton low HR Total
Pep can hit a few out
Az State are horrific base stealers
Clemson gets on base and scores a lot more runs than the others

We got a huge break by being put here instead of being sent to LSU or UCLA or some other Top 10 team.
Need to take advantage of this.

Re: Regional stat comparison

May 26, 2015, 8:58 AM

How the hell are they hosting....

23rd in RPI also

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

Arizona State is 28th

Pepperdine is 119

We are 55

null

I think there's frequently a lack of good west coast host

May 26, 2015, 9:07 AM

sites. They probably got it based more on logistics (and money) than actual merit.

I am discovering that RPI is akin to

May 26, 2015, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Regional stat comparison ]

throwing darts at a dartboard blindfolded.

A bunch of convoluted number calculations that are absolutely meaningless.

Well the RPI formula is pretty stupid to begin with.

May 26, 2015, 9:28 AM

25% winning %
50% SOS
25% OPP SOS

IMO, it puts far too much emphasis on SOS rather than winning %, and of course it also doesn't include any kind of margin of victory. No formula that excludes MOV is worth a sh*t statistically, but MOV isn't "PC" so it's never included in any formula that the NCAA uses. This is why the "eye test" gets talked about. The "eye test" is subjectively using things like MOV and how dominant a team appears to be, but somehow this is OK whereas an actual statistical formula that does the same is not.

Re: Regional stat comparison

May 26, 2015, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Regional stat comparison ]

We can win this regional but it's not going to be easy. All 4 teams have better than AVG programs and all 4 have been in the post season. It's going to take better play from the Tigers and a little luck.

Seems like it's always the same thing...

May 26, 2015, 9:01 AM

"If we can just cut down on the errors!"

Well the reality is that this team isn't just going to improve defensively overnight. We've committed 92 errors in 59 games which is good for 237th out of 295 teams. 55 out of our 286 runs allowed (nearly 20%) have been unearned. That's about 1 per game.

So unless we just happen to get on a lucky streak, we are going to have to overcome the terrible defense and unearned runs and win in spite of it.

and hitting into double plays

May 26, 2015, 9:19 AM

we have to be leading the free world (and Cuba too) in double plays. And at the wrong times (not that there is a RIGHT time to hit into a DP).

A little tired of hearing about how "dangerous" we are. It..

May 26, 2015, 9:40 AM

has been said several times this year only to be followed up by disappointing mid-week losses, etc. It was said again entering the ACC Tourney and we went 1-2 (33% winning percentage not too dangerous). We will see, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

so this team is dangerous to your hopes & aspirations?***

May 26, 2015, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should he see a doctor about the aspirating?

May 26, 2015, 9:54 AM

Cood be dangerous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

yes.***

May 26, 2015, 10:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can anyone with MC and Erwin. That's why.***

May 26, 2015, 10:23 PM [ in reply to A little tired of hearing about how "dangerous" we are. It.. ]

dangerous to themselves with errors***

May 26, 2015, 1:06 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic