Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Even after the Peach & Fiesta, LSU has 89 TDs and OSO has 88
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Even after the Peach & Fiesta, LSU has 89 TDs and OSO has 88

Jan 2, 2020, 11:00 AM

So . . .
1.) are those two offenses substantially equivalent? Or . . .
2.) is it the case that LSU is substantially better than OSU because the SEC >>> BIG? Or. . .
3.) is it the case that LSU has developed into a substantially better offense than OSU at this point in the season?

Jan. 13 will help answer these questions.

I am pretty sure of this: if we hold LSU to 35 points or less, it is game over. Clemson is National Champion for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Alot of pressure on Macaulay Culkin.

Clemson has given up 18 TDs and LSU has given up 39.

Clemson has scored 85 TDS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even after the Peach & Fiesta, LSU has 89 TDs and OSO has 88

Jan 2, 2020, 11:00 AM

OSO = OSU

Jan 2, 2020, 12:02 PM

I think LSU has improved over the course of the year as you might expect with a new offensive philosophy.

OTOH their defense has gotten better of late as well, but they still have more areas of weakness to exploit than did OSU. I wonder what defense that we have faced would most closely resemble LSU's.

wonder how much better those numbers would have looked if

Jan 2, 2020, 11:19 AM

we didn't give our 2nd and 3rd stringers a lot of well deserved playing time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Previous to the Fiesta Bowl Trevor played 4 downs in the...

Jan 2, 2020, 11:23 AM

4th quarter.

Years ago when CJ was here Dabo made it clear that no one on our team was padding their stats on weak opponents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 11:30 AM

Bingo.

As good as LSU's offense has been, the pressure is squarely on their D. Although they've shown late-season improvement they are their relative weak-link. Our offensive balance is why we're nearly impossible to stop. Take away Etienne, and we'll pass all over you. Take away the pass, and we'll run all over you.

Unless their defense is better than OSU's is (which it isn't) they're in trouble.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 11:34 AM

Two words why LSU passed OSU in TDs - Oklahoma's Defense

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 11:44 AM

I think it's somewhere between 1 and 3. LSU does seem to be clicking better the last few games. Their confidence is sky-high at this point, and that could be their downfall. If Burrow throws some of the 50/50 jump balls he did against OU, I think he'll be in trouble against us. If they stick to the plan and nickel and dime with underneath crossing routes, and wait for their chance to take the top off, they will put up points against us.

But I agree, 35 or less and we win. Clemson is the best team they've faced this year by a lot. The best defenses they faced don't have an offense (UGA, Auburn, and Florida). We are top 5 on both sides of the ball. I think our defense will ultimately be the difference in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 12:22 PM

I agree. So much of CFB is about when a team is peaking. Or whether they have flattened or even diminished when playoff time comes around. We know this well as last year we were peaking just as the playoffs came around.

And there is no doubt that LSU is hitting their stride. Not just on offense, but they are improving defensively as well.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:59 AM

I am of the opinion that the higher the score the more if favors LSU. And I'm thinking that 35 might be the 50/50 point. If LSU scores 35 it becomes a toss up - any more and it favors them.

Based on that premise, at what score do y'all think their odds to win the game exceed 50 %

Jan 2, 2020, 12:18 PM

49+/-3

Jan 2, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Even after the Peach & Fiesta, LSU has 89 TDs and OSO has 88 ]

Perhaps, but probably the most impressive thing about our coaching staff is their ability to make productive adjustments in reaction to how the game is going.

A lot of people have stated that Ohio St. was the better team, in spite of their loss. I think much of this stems from how they came out of the blocks and were dominant in the 1st quarter. But when you step back from that, you can see the adjustments our staff made. Ohio St. could not run the ball effectively after the 1st quarter (and I’m not buying that it was because Dobbins twisted his ankle). The result was that we won, or at worst were even, for each of the last three quarters. It was all about adjustments, defensively and offensively.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic