Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Public Service Announcement- PHX bound tiggers!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Public Service Announcement- PHX bound tiggers!

Jan 2, 2016, 9:54 PM

1. UBER is huge in PHX , Glendale, Scottsdale areas.
2. You will also see tons of cabs...(FYI, they dont like UBER)
3. This is Mariocopa County, home of "Sherrif Joe"
4. Toughest DUI laws in the country. Minimum 2 day stay in "Tent City" and about 10K in fines 1st offense.
5. THe area is great to have a good time, it is beautiful and the bar scene and restaraunt choices are fantastic.
6. There are places for great short and long hikes within minutes that are awsome if you have time
7. Museums are great as well.
8. I do not like the Zoo ...not that great but heavily marketed
9. Frank Loyd Wright Mansion is out here and has short and long tours. If you are an engineer , you ough to try and squeeze that in it is great , and one of a kind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Public Service Announcement- PHX bound tiggers!

Jan 2, 2016, 9:57 PM

Thanks, you've been great so far, coming from a guy who's company has an office in Tempe. Really, heat sucks in the summer...but Phoenix is great, no doubt about it.

1,2 & 4 all seem to come together for me. Seems like you're trying to suggest something logical. Thanks.

Can I haggle the cabbies because they hate Uber like in most places? TIA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2016, 10:03 PM

> Thanks, you've been great so far, coming from a guy
> who's company has an office in Tempe. Really, heat
> sucks in the summer...but Phoenix is great, no doubt
> about it.
>
> 1,2 & 4 all seem to come together for me. Seems like
> you're trying to suggest something logical. Thanks.
>
> Can I haggle the cabbies because they hate Uber like
> in most places? TIA.

Yes you can haggle with the cabbies that are using "livary" sevice licenses. They are supposed to have a "FOR HIRE" light or magnet on their car. These are the guys that you see hanging out trying to snipe cabbies at airports. The true taxi guys can't haggle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2016, 10:04 PM

Thanks man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all about the free limo service from Scottsdale

Jan 2, 2016, 10:03 PM

luxury box problems

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thanks Esso.....

Jan 2, 2016, 10:26 PM

Out of the 25+ bowls I've been to....this is BY FAR my favorite host site. We went to the 2006 BCSNCG.....and it's such a cool destination. Stadium was very new at time with little development around it except for Westgate. Looks like more development has occurred since that time around the stadium.....particularly residential. Thanks for the info about DUIs in Scottsdale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Esso.....

Jan 2, 2016, 10:28 PM

> Out of the 25+ bowls I've been to....this is BY FAR
> my favorite host site. We went to the 2006
> BCSNCG.....and it's such a cool destination. Stadium
> was very new at time with little development around
> it except for Westgate. Looks like more development
> has occurred since that time around the
> stadium.....particularly residential. Thanks for the
> info about DUIs in Scottsdale.

It is a great destination ! I am so excite so many Tigers are going to get to experience it.

Esso....question

Jan 2, 2016, 10:27 PM

You know where the team is staying at ....and when they arrive out there ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Esso....question

Jan 2, 2016, 10:43 PM

> You know where the team is staying at ....and when
> they arrive out there ?

I do not know which team at this point. One of the two Teams will be staying at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. (At the intersection of E Indian Bend Rd and N Scottsdale Rd).

I am hopeful that it is Clemson. My Condo is 2 blocks from that resort! There is a fantastic sports bar with about 100 TVs across the street from the resort called BLUE32.

If Bamma stays there , I am going to be surrounded by Bamma fans.

7200 N Scottsdale Rd, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253

Awesome my friend...thanks a bunch!!!!***

Jan 2, 2016, 10:49 PM

Nm

Jan 2, 2016, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Esso....question ]

I was told by a guy that does team audio the team hotel is Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2016, 11:09 PM

> I was told by a guy that does team audio the team
> hotel is Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale.

Oh well , that is about 3 miles from my condo :) It is very close to Old Town Scottsdale

Jan 2, 2016, 11:11 PM

I'm at the Doubletree Paradise Valley... Good spot?

Jan 2, 2016, 11:17 PM

> I'm at the Doubletree Paradise Valley... Good spot?

Absolutely

so after the Tiger win, Uber doable or too crazy? Staying

Jan 2, 2016, 10:31 PM

near airport. I wuz already planning on Uber to the game. Have looked at the express metro bus thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so after the Tiger win, Uber doable or too crazy? Staying

Jan 2, 2016, 10:36 PM

> near airport. I wuz already planning on Uber to the
> game. Have looked at the express metro bus thing.

These guys are used to extremely large crowds , the fiesta bowl has just been here, the Pro Bowl was here , the area is so large it absorbs a game day crowd pretty well.

Keep in mind the area also hosts about 10 ML baseball teams for the cactus league... I don't know that I would count on an uber guy finding ya after the game. I would set it up with the uber guy that I got to take me to the game. And designate a pick up spot a block or so away , but that is just me :)

Jan 2, 2016, 10:33 PM

Thanks for #9. Would've kicked myself for missing.

Jan 2, 2016, 10:50 PM

> Thanks for #9. Would've kicked myself for missing.

Here is a link to their site, I think you can reserve a walking tour time online, it is led by great people,

http://www.franklloydwright.org/taliesin-west/plan-a-visit.html

Jan 2, 2016, 10:52 PM

I look forward to meeting some of you guys in tent city

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2016, 10:53 PM

I live I. The east Phoenix valley. One more thing to add, do not be fooled by this being the desert... Temp swings can exceed 30° and AS SOON as the sun goes down it gets cold... and coming from humid SC I was fooled by the temperature on the thermometer and what that would actually feel like. For example, 65° without the sun beating on you is actually pretty chilly.

Other than that, enjoy your visit! AZ was one of my favorite places to visit before moving here... now I'm ready to be back down South! Lol.

Jan 2, 2016, 10:54 PM

*I live in*

Jan 2, 2016, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Public Service Announcement- PHX bound tiggers! ]

> I live I. The east Phoenix valley. One more thing to
> add, do not be fooled by this being the desert...
> Temp swings can exceed 30° and AS SOON as the sun
> goes down it gets cold... and coming from humid SC I
> was fooled by the temperature on the thermometer and
> what that would actually feel like. For example, 65°
> without the sun beating on you is actually pretty
> chilly.
>
> Other than that, enjoy your visit! AZ was one of my
> favorite places to visit before moving here... now
> I'm ready to be back down South! Lol.

Clever , please weigh in on questions etc... I am sure I will miss stuff. Good to know at least one other Tiger lives out here. Go Tigers

Jan 2, 2016, 10:54 PM

This is free to anyone that has a ticket to the game. Don't get scammed by someone trying to sell you a ticket , if you have a game ticket,

Championship Tailgate
CFP_CHAMPIONSHIP_TAILGATE_LOGO

The ultimate game day tailgate featuring interactive games, sponsor activities, concessions and ESPN broadcast sets. Eric Church will headline Championship Tailgate from the Capital One Quicksilver Stage. Opening for Church will be one of Nashville’s most exciting live acts, Moon Taxi!

Date
Monday, January 11, 2016, starting at 11 a.m. MT
University of Phoenix Stadium, Great Lawn
Overview
Free for all national championship game ticket holders

Here's an overview of the stadium and it shows the Great Lawn.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/eb6a0cbc9c3c783f77bfdd30ea14c606?AccessKeyId=8C83B2CA5B2851A646DA&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
Sent from Outlook Mobile

thanks for all the info. I guess you just show your tix for

Jan 2, 2016, 11:24 PM

entrance to the tailgate, you can come and go as you like. We have tix to the Tiger Tailgate at the Glendale Renaissance Hotel 3-5pm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Esso.....sent u a TM***

Jan 2, 2016, 11:03 PM

Nm

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic