Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Esso Un-biased somewhat sad view
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,260

Esso Un-biased somewhat sad view

Nov 6, 2019, 12:39 PM

No home cooking ..,,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Esso Un-biased somewhat sad view

Nov 6, 2019, 12:54 PM

No home cooking ..,,

Man, I worked on this a long time...my feelings are hurt by the lack of instant gratification.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 1:04 PM

I think Florida should be down a tier and SC should definitely be in swamp. In the B1G, Indiana should be down 1 and no one cares about the big 12 or pac 12.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Esso Un-biased somewhat sad view ]

If Baylor , Utah , Minnesota and PSU are on our level then my whole life is a lie .
I may have fallen through a rip in the Matrix.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 7, 2019, 9:20 AM

If Baylor , Utah , Minnesota and PSU are on our level then my whole life is a lie .
I may have fallen through a rip in the Matrix.

I know you guys can get the idea if you engage some of your less damaged brain cells. My Chart is a way , in my opinion, to eliminate strength of schedule, eye test, and margin of victory from the vast majority of the decisions in determining the 4 best and most deserving teams in the playoffs assuming the evaluation starts at the same point as the committee begins. For simplifuication , I have left out the Irish and the non power 5 teams. I don't believe that adding them would impact the results.

POWER 5 Conferences

Factor 1 - A LOSS, or a "teams loss total" is the primary rating

Factor 2 - A Win , or "the total team wins" is the tie breaker

Factor 3 # of Wins against power 5 competrion is the 3rd tie breaker

KEYS for understanding the chart.
1- It is not a "ranking"
2- it is a visual of all teams and where they stand related to the top 4 teams
3- In the chart , there currently 10 teams that meet the "minimum" current requirement to make the playoffs. (those in green) If playoffs were starting now, there would be a mess (10 teams , 4 slots)
4- After this weekend , some of the Green will lose (AL vs LSU). The loser of that game will no longer be green. In my Chart, there is NO WAY for a team t o move UP in color. Only for the Greens to lose enough games to allow a YELLOW team into the playoffs.

Example: for a YELLOW team to make the playoffs, 7 Green teams would have to lose for a Yellow team to make it.

I think that I will be 100% correct with who makes the playoffs using this chart. That is unless the committee gets it wrong :)

Nov 6, 2019, 1:02 PM

I'm not sure how you decided to calculate who should be in which tier but:

How are UGA and Oklahoma in different tiers?

If it's based on quality of the team they lost to then:

How are Wake and Utah in different tiers?

Also I have no clue how you have decided to separate the lower tiers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 1:16 PM

TigersO said:

I'm not sure how you decided to calculate who should be in which tier but:

How are UGA and Oklahoma in different tiers?

If it's based on quality of the team they lost to then:

How are Wake and Utah in different tiers?

Also I have no clue how you have decided to separate the lower tiers.

The tiers are broken along a line defined by "# of losses" with a tie being determined by number of wins. I did it using conference standing lists for each of the P% conferences. I tried to break the lines on multiples of 5 , in an effort to show the depth of each conference. I did penalize UGA for losing to SC. Certainly not an exact science. The grey swamp area basically created itself from the smell this season. UTAH and Wake probably should be in in the same tier, but I gave USC a little bit more clout than Louisville in the 1 loss each team had.

I will be pleased with my chart if only teams currently in Green make it to the final 4. That is my expectation.

Nov 6, 2019, 1:19 PM

Well UGA is your only non-green that has a chance to make it so I think you are safe there.

Nov 6, 2019, 2:05 PM

Not exactly true. Each week for the rest of the season no one can gain a green status , they can only lose a status. I feel sure that the 4 will come from the green, but the grid will get less and less green each week.

But aren't we talking about the best team not the

Nov 6, 2019, 2:15 PM

best conference when we are trying to get the top four in the right order?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 2:21 PM

You're overlooking both SOS and the eye test.

Nov 6, 2019, 2:33 PM

Yes I am , I think I will get to the best 4 teams , but who knows

Nov 6, 2019, 2:36 PM

Not bad. Not bad at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 4:04 PM

I think Va is as good as Auburn and Minn should be a lower tier. SC gets far too much credit for beating an overrated Georgia. Good job though

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 6, 2019, 4:17 PM

They get no more credit in my model. It’s based on # losses , tie breaker number of wins, no orange , garnet or any other bias in the model

Nov 6, 2019, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Esso Un-biased somewhat sad view ]

They get no more credit in my model. It’s based on # losses , tie breaker number of wins, no orange , garnet or any other bias in the model

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,260
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic