Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Enough!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,777

Enough!

Jan 15, 2020, 10:25 PM

Since Monday night, I have seen too many comments about bad coaching, bad plays by this player , bad plays by that player and so on. It's time to lay off of the team and staff. They all went down there with the intention of winning the game, it just did not go our way. I am extremely proud of this team for what they did accomplish. The 2020 season begins in 6 weeks with spring practice, but I guarantee you every player and every coach is already zeroed in on their goal of winning the first game. Once a Tiger always a Tiger!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some guy on the radio tonight talking to Walt was second

Jan 15, 2020, 10:41 PM

guessing Dabo, Elliot...AND VENABLES if you can believe that. Had to be a coot or bulldog acting like a Tiger. Had to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enough!

Jan 15, 2020, 10:48 PM

Yep, even if we believe all or some of those things it's not productive or positive to say and won't change the outcome anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some of these posters need to be putting resumes in...

Jan 15, 2020, 10:57 PM

at athletic departments around the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They wouldn't handle the interview very well.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 15, 2020, 10:57 PM

Fan is short for fanatic. HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 15, 2020, 11:09 PM

One thing to debate the game, another to constantly bash the coaches and players. That being said, I think debating the game is part of the fun. No need for comments saying peeps need to become coaches or apply to become a coach.

imo most realize it wouldn't have taken much to win... And sometimes that hurts worse than getting blown out. I would bet the players feel that way too. As Dabo says, 4 or 5 plays. Borrows had a great game and whoever coached up their wide receivers did a great job coaching. Really good technique.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 11:18 PM

I will not be offended if you address me directly about the people apply for coaching jobs statement. I stand by it for the people who continually post the same stuff over and over about points they are mad about. No need to post it over and over.

People have legitimate gripes. I have no problem discussing it, nor do I have a problem having fun.

You are having difficulty identifying the actual trolls. You defended a guy who has a 62% pulse and questioned me.

Now I'm not offended that you questioned me. I'm not perfect, but I'm pretty good at identifying legitimate posts and people who are trolling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 11:28 PM

Well said. Wasn't even looking at the pulse rate and I definitely agree with you. It's ridiculous when we win too as it has been during game week. Continuous post about the same thing over and over.

Mostly, I just try not to read them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 11:34 PM

I certainly am not trying to argue with you. I can definitely be a sarcastic smart you know what, but if you look, I'm not responding to every complaint on the board.

The dude above posted earlier in the day a thread about not being satisfied until he gets answers to his questions.

Then he makes posts that infer Chad Smith was dissed.

Then he asks a question (which yes is my interpretation) that basically is saying, "nobody runs a 1 LB set...what the heck kind of coach would run a 1 LB set."

Dabo and Venables make mistakes, but their accomplishments speak for themselves. Their decisions can certainly be questioned and that can lead to legitimate discussions. But I'm going to work on the ASSUMPTION that they know a heck of a lot more than I do about football AND they have information about the games that I do not have.

I am good with you.

Jan 15, 2020, 11:16 PM

Well first of all, I can assure you the coaches and players could care less what folks on TNet are saying. They have thicker skin than most on TNet have.

Second, folks like to come on here and state the obvious so that it makes them feel better or perhaps smarter. And since we are turning into a nation of hypersensitivity about people’s feelings, we just need to let them wallow in self disillusionment in order to assuage their feelings. Don’t upset the snowflakes. ??

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a normal day on the basketball board.***

Jan 15, 2020, 11:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 16, 2020, 10:41 AM

I am against calling out players - they are kids and I am sure they did their best.

Coaches, on the other hand, are grown men and highly paid professionals. If they did not do their jobs well - then that is fair game for someone to point out. Can anyone give me a good reason for our playcallers to abandon the run game ? That is a fair topic for discussion.

Jan 16, 2020, 10:45 AM

I agree that some can go overboard but I'm certain the players and coaches are analyzing what they did and didn't do well Monday night so it doesn't make us bad fans to be doing the same thing.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,777
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic