Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Woooo Cuse gonna whoop Clemsux!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Woooo Cuse gonna whoop Clemsux!!!!

Oct 3, 2013, 12:58 PM

LOL! Just kidding put down the shovels you were planning on bashing my head in with. I couldn't resist after reading the board for a few days and hearing about the disrespect you guys get from NCST and what not. In all seriousness, thanks for having us in the ACC. I can't tell you how much it sucked being in the old BE, especially after VT and Miami left. I have great respect for your program and fans. For the last decade I have sat in the half empty carrier dome watching us play UCant and Rutgirls wishing that we could someday play real competition, in-conference, without having to pimp ourselves out with 2 fer 1's and neutral site games in freaking NYC. For those unaware NYC is about 4-5 hours from Syracuse meaning you could fit most of the smaller states in the US in between us. Pisses us fans off to no end that we started doing that. That's why in spite of us selling out to Giants stadium to play PSU, our biggest game of the past decade is still going to happen in our house so thank you Clemson for bringing this to me and all of us up here in Syracuse. In honor of joining a real conference and having real football in the Dome I even upgraded my tickets this season from 3rd level to 3 rows away from the field. Unfortunately alot of people in Syracuse no longer share my enthusiasm which is too bad. This game should be a sellout in any real stadium. I think we will get close but haven't actually had an official sellout since the first game in the Dome. Yeah SU fans suck, not all of us but to be honest I was born and bred in B10 country so take football a little more serious than those in Syracuse. Anyway a few things I wanted to say.......

About the game: For those who are all pissed that we are talking about how to beat you.....we aren't Rhode Island playing this game for a paycheck. Any player or coach who doesn't believe we can win should immediately be banned from the field Saturday. Cocky? I don't think anyone is cocky playing the #3 team in the land but if you're not confident then you have no business playing football. As Christian would say "They bleed just like we do, they sweat just like we do. They did 2 a days, we did 2 a days..." and although that particular team couldn't beat Dallas Carter in the end, they left everything on the field and we will do the same. If you don't think you can win, and can't see yourself winning then you've already lost. So yeah, until Clemson proves otherwise we believe we can win.

About the Dome: Ok I get it, it's hilarious watching a bunch of yankees talk about the heat to folks from SC. I get it. But until you experience a hot day in the Dome you don't get it. I've been to Colombia, in Aug, when it's humid. It's horrendous. I've also been in the Dome when it's full and it's horrendous as well. It's supposed to be 80 and humid on Sat. and I understand that's nice sleeping weather down there, but the Dome isn't outside. It has a roof which likes to trap in the body heat from almost 50k, and the hot air of the fans yelling and screaming. The air doesn't move and it feels hard to breath. The dome sucks on hot/humid days. Does it mean we will have an advantage. No, your guys are used to it, but for the fans coming up, don't wear your parkas, you will be surprised just how #### stuffy it can really get. It's one of those you have to experience it to really understand. One more thing about the Dome. WE SERVE BEER! (about 6-7 bucks a pop), only till halftime btw, but we serve BEER!

About Syracuse: Ok if you want to check out the Dino BBQ for atmosphere and all that be my guest. If you're looking for some amazing BBQ, go get some before you come up here. It's amazing for NE BBQ, I'll admit it but at the same time, best BBQ I even had was some hole in the wall in Sanford, NC called Ron's BBQ. They don't know what mustard or vinegar based sauce is up here. It's all ketchup/molasses based. It's the best we got, and probably the best north of the Mason/Dixon but it doesn't come close to southern BBQ. There I said it. Syracuse lies in the foothills of the Adirondaks and a short drive south out of the city will bring you some pretty amazing scenery. DestinyUSA is just an over hyped mall but there's some cool stuff to do inside if you've got some extra cash. An indoor go-cart track, some Wonderworks place, Funny Bone comedy club and a few pretty decent restaurants. I highly recommend a visit to Heid's in Liverpool for a hot dog or two, it's really good and you can say you went to a place from that man vs food thing or whatever. While you're up here you should visit one of our many NY style pizza joints. I swear if you try it and still want to go back to Pizza Hut or Domino's you need your head examined.

About tailgating: Urban tailgating is a different animal. Everyone is spread out around campus in little lots all over. There is one big lot, Skytop, which is one of the easiest to get out of, but you have to take a shuttle bus to the Dome. Skytop is where I park because I have kids who love to run around in the grass(rest of the lots are all pavement) and it's usually the biggest tailgating scene outside of a place called the Fine Lot which has by far the biggest tailgate in Syracuse. If you're interested in meeting alot of Syracuse diehards then go to Syracusefan.com and look for information regarding Fine Lot tailgate.

Yeah ok at this point, this is turning into a novel so I'll stop. One last thing to say. As a way to express my gratitude for being in the ACC and having real football again, I promise to offer any Clemson fan who walks by my tailgate a free beer.

Go CUSE!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

point for the Friday Night Lights reference

Oct 3, 2013, 1:02 PM

wish I could take you up on that offer for free beer....Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good idea upgrading tickets.

Oct 3, 2013, 1:03 PM

You guys got dropped in one of the best divisions in college football. Clemson FSU Louisville next year Gould make for some good games in everyone's schedule.

This is an example of the fans I expected from SU.

Oct 3, 2013, 1:07 PM

Welcome to the ACC and THE Tigernet.

Great post, thanks and welcome to tigernet!***

Oct 3, 2013, 1:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buckle the Chinstraps! TIGERS PLAY HARD!***

Oct 3, 2013, 1:10 PM

Re: Woooo Cuse gonna whoop Clemsux!!!!

Oct 3, 2013, 1:11 PM

Saying "Clemsux' won't win too many friends on here (sounds too much like the fans of that rival school southeast of us). That being said, welcome to the ACC. Don't be mistaken that we are going into this game thinking Syracuse is just out for a paycheck. We expect a tough game, and hopefully the Tigers win it. Wish you guys all the best, except when you play Clemson, of course.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 3, 2013, 1:13 PM

It was meant more as an example of what not to do........just sayin'........

I got that...

Oct 3, 2013, 1:22 PM

It was no big deal, just wanted to let you know how it's generally perceived and why. I hope we can be friendly rivals with Syracuse fans. I have already met a few--all nice so far.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

just curious....how do you play in the CARRIER DOME

Oct 3, 2013, 1:13 PM

and not have ac?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: just curious....how do you play in the CARRIER DOME

Oct 3, 2013, 1:16 PM

ya know how all these stadiums are getting corporate sponsors..we were one of the first and it was one of the worst deals ever, Carrier paid to have their name slapped on the Dome and nothing else. It's the big joke up here. I don't remember the exact amount but i think they paid as much for lifetime naming rights as most corps pay for a year worth of naming rights today.

Re: just curious....how do you play in the CARRIER DOME

Oct 3, 2013, 1:25 PM

I was about to ask the same question. Seems like bad advertising for Carrier to sponsor a dome without air conditioning. They should cough up a few bucks for AC or donate the equipment.

--Henry David Thoreau

Going up tomorrow

Oct 3, 2013, 1:24 PM

Welcome to the ACC and if you do road trips, you don't want to miss Clemson next year. If I can find your tailgate, I may take you up on that free beer. I'll be looking for the biggest tailgate in Fine as well. We have a group of 8 Tigers fans going, 6 of them live in NY.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn't good, I'm starting to like you guys

Oct 3, 2013, 1:32 PM

;)

Seriously welcome to the ACC!

There is a decent Yankee! Just kidding. Welcome aboard.

Oct 3, 2013, 1:38 PM

Enjoyed your commentary. Good luck on your ACC journey. Go easy on us in basketball. How is your baseball? Most importantly, come to Death Valley next year!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont think they have baseball *yet****

Oct 3, 2013, 2:05 PM

Oct 3, 2013, 1:46 PM

Enjoyed your post. Welcome to the ACC and the best Div. in the conference. There is only two things you need to know about Clemson: (1) we hate gamecock chickens, and (2) A Clemson Man needs no Introduction.

Thanks for writing the Syracuse tour gide book

Oct 3, 2013, 1:58 PM

Rick Steves.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to beat y'all.And gettin' to

Oct 3, 2013, 2:14 PM

make yankee stew out of 40 K of "youse guys" in the carrier dome crock pot is just icing on the cake.

Nice post...from what I've seen from the Cuse guys on this

Oct 3, 2013, 2:15 PM

board, this is going to be a friendly rivalry. I like what I see so far from "youse guys"....(trying out my Yankee for Friday/Saturday)....welcome to the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 3, 2013, 2:23 PM

Class Act!
Thank you sir!

Can't argue w/ what you said......welcome to Tigernet you

Oct 3, 2013, 2:26 PM

#### Yankee..... nyuk nyuk........ seriously, that was a good post

Much more sensible than the typical Gamecock fan !***

Oct 3, 2013, 2:27 PM

Re: Much more sensible than the typical Gamecock fan !***

Oct 3, 2013, 2:32 PM

I've never met a decent Coot (All Hat, No Cattle)...I kinda like our Southern Upstate cousins in Orange way better than your typical SEC d!cks.

Most of the SEC are d!cks. It's a 'confluence' thing.***

Oct 3, 2013, 2:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the post!

Oct 3, 2013, 3:22 PM

Good to talk with civil fans every once in a while.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Enjoyed reading that

Oct 3, 2013, 3:37 PM

However I went to the final four this past year and cuse fans were by far the most rowdy and most talkative. I can dig it. Welcome to the acc and welcome to competing with duke, unc, Louisville every year in the court. Acc basketball is better than any conference in any sport.

Re: Enjoyed reading that

Oct 3, 2013, 4:03 PM

Agreed! I will admit though our FB fans are alot more humble than our BB fans are. They tend to have alot more of that entitled attitude. Our FB was once great in the 50's, again in the late 80's through 2001 and then we fell off the cliff. Greg Robinson destroyed our program. I don't just mean recruiting, or our W-L record but everything about SU football was undone in a matter of about 8 years. Before hiring Greg, our ex-chancellor told the fanbase to 'Get a Life' when they were complaining about Pasqualoni in his final years. That started the downhill slide about 2002/2003. A couple of years later he retired, the AD retired and P was sent packing after bookend blowouts in 2004. We lost badly at Purdue to open the season, came back to win a share of a very watered down BE, backed into a bowl game against GT and Calvin Johnson and got flat out owned. P was fired, Greg was hired. What happened next was the worst 4 year period in SU football history. We lost to Akron during this time. AKRON!!!! Eventually Greg was fired and we have started regaining our respectability. I think I can illustrate this with a few links.

What we were:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP99QQak6mw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hATN7NpkW6Y

What we became:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNL67ilmViU
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2008/12/robinsons_unfinished_business.html

Where we are now:
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=FWhkCfbeyrI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON6l4P4LvPQ

Hey listen here ya yank!

Oct 3, 2013, 4:14 PM

We are pretty excited about the addition and most especially the warm hospitality and respect from your program and university. We do take particular notice when such respect is given, as we pride ourselves in doing the same. Something you may want to consider when being dismissive of college programs up younder- we do not really have any pro alternatives (historically) and have found college sports as our venue for entertainment, although cow tipping arguably is a close 2nd. In all seriousness, we love our college ball and also love you guys getting to enjoy it in the same way as us. Watching you guys get excited is awesome- we do this every Sat in the fall. It is sacred and it is special.

I wanted to point out something that to me is special and that is our shared connection between the two schools. A little place called Philadelphia has immortalized 2 GREAT ambassadors of each respective schools in retiring Brian Dawkins and Donovan McNabb's numbers- only the 8th and 9th numbers retired in their long history. Both will inevitably be in the HOF of course, but to me and I hope many here will appreciate the connection.

Keys. We can handle keys. We are just thankful you decided against vuvuzelas!!

Re: Hey listen here ya yank!

Oct 3, 2013, 4:22 PM

FWIW, I hate the g'dam keys! Just stand up and shout till your voice is gone, and when it's gone, drink some beer and get even louder. I've been known to lose my voice for up to 3 days after. People I work with will hear me Monday morning and be like 'Must have been a good game, you can't talk again'.

Oct 3, 2013, 4:16 PM

Classy post by you. There's bad eggs in every fan base, it just seems like the only ones that talk to Clemson fans about the game seem to be the bad eggs, guaranteeing victories and trash talking Tajh and Sammy, etc. I bet there are plenty of Cuse fans like yourself, so welcome to the ACC.

One or two good seasons and that place will start selling out, no problem. I know upstate New York isn't exactly South Florida when it comes to recruits but you should be able to compete for the best kids in the northeast and even further down the east coast. I think Syracuse could be a good football addition to the ACC as well as basketball. Do I think you guys win on Saturday? No. But I think your guys will show up and fight, they won't walk in there expecting defeat. I like their confidence but they just need to be careful not to come across as cocky and arrogant. Good luck Saturday, and I hope you get to make it down to Clemson, South Carolina sometime in the future to see some true southern football and tailgating!

Oct 4, 2013, 9:03 PM

Old school here.

Manny thanks for your post. Welcome.

While we have had some good ones; I hope one day, in the future, we can have a back like Larry Csonka - one of your best.

Go Tigers!!!

Oct 4, 2013, 7:17 PM

You will soon learn if you haven't already. According to ESPN, the only real FB is in the SEC. You have to schedule and beat 7 sec teams in a row to be considered a FB school. The problem here is, ESECPN won't allow any school other than the sec to schedule more than 2 sec teams a year. So now you know that the acc isn't chit when it comes to FootBall!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post dude, welcome to ACC

Oct 4, 2013, 7:22 PM

nm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic