Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Emeka Egbuka
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Emeka Egbuka

Jan 27, 2020, 10:20 AM

I must have missed something with this kid. The Bucknut guys seem to think Clemson isa BIG player with him ????

https://247sports.com/Player/Emeka-Egbuka-46048438/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Emeka Egbuka

Jan 27, 2020, 10:24 AM

Paranoia could be setting in for them. They probably think they’ll lose everything to us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It did seem to set in BIG time this last weekend

Jan 27, 2020, 10:26 AM

LOL

Not sure if

Jan 27, 2020, 10:54 AM

The Tigers have ever had a player from Washington state . This would be a good first one, not a tall kid but appears to jump well. Plays bigger than 6’ 1”.

Clemson is among his top 10 schools...

Jan 27, 2020, 10:26 AM

along with Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, USC and Washington.

He visited Clemson last summer and is planning another visit this year.

I think Washington is still the projected leader for his services.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 27, 2020, 10:34 AM

We’re in it big with him and even bigger now that we landed Beaux Collins. We’re gonna make a push till the final day but with Foreman coming too the west coast floodgate could be opening up

Jan 27, 2020, 11:03 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/emeka_egbuka/status/1221247995443761152

They just skeered***

Jan 27, 2020, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 11:21 AM

Listed as an athlete.

Are we looking at him as a WR or DB?

Or are we just recruiting a great athlete and figuring out what he can do when he gets here?

Jan 27, 2020, 11:29 AM

TigersO said:

Listed as an athlete.

Are we looking at him as a WR or DB?

Or are we just recruiting a great athlete and figuring out what he can do when he gets here?

I think the staff always has a plan for guys they are recruiting. No doubt a part of the “get it real” aspect that convinces guys to come to Clemson. The exception would probably be the lesser rated players they see as a development project, which again I’m sure they spell that out as well.

Jan 27, 2020, 11:41 AM

Yes the staff always has a plan, but sometimes they tell a guy that if he comes he will only get to play safety or corner or WR or whatever.

Sometimes they wait longer in the process because they just want the kid on campus and they let other recruits and their depth determine where the super athletes go.

DK is a recent example of this.

They wanted him and told him WR, but I think he knew there was always a chance to move over to DB because he is such a great athlete.

Jan 27, 2020, 1:44 PM

TigersO said:

Yes the staff always has a plan, but sometimes they tell a guy that if he comes he will only get to play safety or corner or WR or whatever.

Sometimes they wait longer in the process because they just want the kid on campus and they let other recruits and their depth determine where the super athletes go.

DK is a recent example of this.

They wanted him and told him WR, but I think he knew there was always a chance to move over to DB because he is such a great athlete.

Agreed. The case I was thinking about was Joyner. Clemson said no go at QB, and he could have continued his recruitment if he had been open to playing defense. Lesser or desperate programs might have done the bait and switch. Leading him on that he’d get a serious shot to compete at QB.

Jan 27, 2020, 1:59 PM

Joyner is a perfect example.

He was a good athlete but not the elite athlete that DK is.

I watched both play in their senior seasons and DK was on another planet as an all-around athlete.

We told Joyner he had one option and he chose against it.

DK was allowed to play WR, but I think the coaches knew a switch to DB was only a little attrition away.

Jan 27, 2020, 11:27 AM

Thought we were talking soccer recruiting there for a second.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 11:33 AM

We need a speed guy badly. Someone who can make people miss in traffic and break off short passes for long plays.

Have to move away from having all tall guys.

Jan 27, 2020, 11:39 AM

Look for Amari Rodgers to have a great year in the slot. I def agree tho seemed this year we ran a lot of deep routes, that took time to develop. With the new Oline I look for the staff to slow that down some and get the ball out of Lawerence hand quicker. I def see a lot more slants and stuff in the middle of the field this coming year. Go Tigers!!

Jan 27, 2020, 11:51 AM

This guy could be an absolute stud CB or slot WR... He has the Isaiah Simmons “where do you want to play” kind of feel.

2,235 APY 35 TD

Jan 27, 2020, 12:20 PM

I support more bubble screens if we sign this Cat. Wow.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9533056/Emeka-Egbuka

Can only imagine what he could do with DJ at the helm.

And he can play S, CB, Nickel Backer, Sam, PR, KR & Wildcat QB in his free time.

Wonder what his shuttle time is. My goodness we need this guy he is a game changer.

I would say sort of like Amari Rodgers and Isaiah Simmons had a baby that just so happened to be faster than Jacoby Ford with CJ Spiller’s shake and bake ability.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 1:15 PM

Going to be a stud WR for us

Jan 27, 2020, 1:57 PM

Per 247 analysts we're believed to be leading Washington and Ohio State for Emeka.

WR: 3-4 (Troy Stellato and Emeka Egbuka the main targets now. 247Sports' Brandon Huffman believes Clemson leads Ohio State and Washington for Egbuka, who visited Clemson last summer.)

Saw where a Udub reporter also thinks Clemson leads

Jan 28, 2020, 10:24 AM

for Emeka Egbuka

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic