Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Embarrassed!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Embarrassed!

Sep 24, 2017, 8:55 AM

The team was flat, yes, but a little help from the fan base would help. The students didn’t show up and the ones that did left early. Us “old” fans feed off the student energy and people sat the entire game from the opening snap.

Hey students. Don’t give me “it was too hot” crap. Both my parents that are in their MID-EIGHTIES stayed the entire time! You have 4 years to cherish these games as a student. Show up! Stay until the end! And help the team with some energy they can feed off of when they are struggling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Embarrassed!

Sep 24, 2017, 8:59 AM

And one more thing...to the administration....Get people back on the hill. It looks pathetic

Sep 24, 2017, 9:13 AM

Did they change how the hill seating works or something? The hill should always be full. I noticed that it seems to take a long time for them to let people into the hill. I see a massive gaggle every game as one at a time gets their ticket cleared for them to enter the hill. I say let people down there if they wanna be down there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You had to have a student ID to get on the hill

Sep 24, 2017, 9:26 AM

At least for the Kent State game, so there are very few kids and teenagers on it.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Embarrassed! ]

Yes. Limiting the number and bring VERY strick on who enters. No longer can those with upper tickets get on the hill.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:28 AM

That is stupid. The hill needs to be full. Administration definitely needs to change the rules back on the hill.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you depend on younger people to feed off

Sep 24, 2017, 9:53 AM

their energy and yet it's embarrassing that they didn't show up? It's Clemson football man, get excited. You don't need any young frat boys to get you fired up. Christalmighty just stand up and scream your face off. That's embarrassing that you can't get excited watching a football game just because some frat kids wearing pink bow ties aren't in the stadium. You bring nothing but shame to the Clemson fan base, you probably woohoo as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Students

Sep 24, 2017, 10:49 AM

Beats me why so many of our fans love to bash the students. The team can have a bad day. The students can have a bad day.

Who else remembers when students ignored the game and played frisbee on the hill while our team was playing? And the frisbee guys were pretty good. The frisbee guys got bigger chheers than the football guys. It made the coaches so mad, they roped off the hill, posted cops and tried to arrest anyone who ran onto the hill. Pretty funny to watch frisbee playing students playing catch me if you can with the cops during a game.

Relax about the students. Complaining is lame.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Students

Sep 24, 2017, 10:56 AM

Agree. You could see yesterday coming earlier in the week. Everyone had us winning by big numbers, it was going to be hot, fans and players looking ahead to next week, 3 home games out of 4 weeks so the fan base will not be as loud. Do not be shocked if you see the same response against wake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet again showing your true colors***

Sep 24, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to So you depend on younger people to feed off ]

Re: Yet again showing your true colors***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:15 AM

What happenned to the days when we would have 85k plus there. And pack the hill. I think the all time high was 87k. I can't we do that now.

Re: Yet again showing your true colors***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:24 AM

Do we get points for attendance?

Here are last year's attendance leaders:

Rank School G Attendance Average
1. Michigan 8 883,741 110,468
2. Ohio St. 7 750,944 107,278
3. Texas A&M 7 713,418 101,917
4. Alabama 7 712,747 101,821
5. LSU 7 708,618 101,231
6. Tennessee 7 706,776 100,968
7. Penn St. 7 701,800 100,257
8. Texas 6 587,283 97,881
9. Georgia 6 556,476 92,746
10. Nebraska 7 631,402 90,200
11. Florida 5 439,229 87,846
12. Auburn 8 695,498 86,937
13. Oklahoma 6 521,142 86,857

Not a 2016 Natty in the crowd!

Re: So you depend on younger people to feed off

Sep 24, 2017, 11:25 AM [ in reply to So you depend on younger people to feed off ]

What is wrong with Whoohoo?? I WOOHOO, WHOOP, BAM, ROAR and YELL anything I can manage with my very strained vocal cords.
The stands were as sluggish as the O LINE.
Players feed off the energy of the fans and recruits love how "crazy wild" the fans are.
SO I think it is very important for fans to show up and be actively involved . For those who won't do that, please give or sell your tickets to someone like me. A crazy wild, TIGER LOVING female .
What really makes me mad is that people buy online and then sell them for some outrageous amount. To them it is all about the money but to us it is all about our beloved Tigers and being there to cheer them on!!!
Just my $.02 ??

Sep 24, 2017, 11:47 AM

I was a student their back from '72 - '76. I don't back then ANY student that went to the game, left early for ANY game. And that was during the time that they would win 5 or 6 games a year. And I would loose my voice before the end of any game. I don't know what we would would have done if they were like they are today.

Part of being a 'Clemson' student (if you're into football); (I understand that not 100% of all students are into sports): is STAYING for the WHOLE game. It was an 'inside joke' that the reason we would stay for the WHOLE game was because we realized that we actually were PAYING for these tickets through the 'Student Activity' fee. We were just getting the most bang for the buck. But looking back on it we stayed all game long because we realized it was part of being a "Clemson Man'.

I guess their is no such thing any more.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic