Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It seems pretty obvious that if Coach Elliott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

It seems pretty obvious that if Coach Elliott

Aug 17, 2020, 9:14 PM

has another successful year on offense CU better get ready to reach in for more cash! I ain’t talking about petty cash, either! I love listening to him, watching him and what others say about him! If gonna keep him they’re gonna have to pony up like similar to Coach V. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elliot called the worst offense game I’ve seen in a long

Aug 17, 2020, 9:17 PM

Time against LSU.

If he doesn’t pull his head out of his ### he will go out just like Kevin Steele.

I’m not convinced he can call plays by himself at all.... pathetic showing, we made the LSU defense look good because we played into their hands

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn’t go that far but he’s admitted ENT was wasted..

Aug 17, 2020, 9:24 PM

1 1/3 quarters just when he was warming up after scoring early 3rd qtr making score just 3 points difference.

Coach Scott Was there but maybe in body only since he’d been away & had his own worries what with pregnant wife, new home shopping, recruiting, a new team, etc.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wouldn’t go that far but he’s admitted ENT was wasted..

Aug 18, 2020, 8:09 AM

I like Tony but he doesnt always have enough of a commitment to the run. Sometimes you have to impose your will on the D. I expect with younger wr's and ETN we will be a little more run oriented this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elliot called the worst offense game I’ve seen in a long

Aug 17, 2020, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Elliot called the worst offense game I’ve seen in a long ]

I respectfully disagree. I love Coach V but I thought the loss was more on the D. As long as we brought pressure against Burrows, he did not perform very good. When we gave him time in the pocket, he was lights out! Go Tigers!

Agree...

Aug 17, 2020, 9:36 PM

unlike the semifinal loss to bama, where the defense kept the offense in the game but couldn't pull out the win, the defense against LSU allowed the ball to go over the top of the defense regularly... so much so that the RB didn't have a big impact in the 2nd half. the offense certainly wasn't efficient starting with the play calling (which was on the brain trust and not just Elliott), but there were also a lot of missed opportunities as well...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Elliot called the worst offense game I’ve seen in a long ]

Joe Burrow and Joe Brady just needed time to figure out what our defense was doing. Once they did, it was over. It was the same process most of the season for LSU's offense, which was historically great.

IMO, the offense was the problem but it wasn't the play-calling. It was a combination of receivers not getting open and Trevor being off. We had a chance to really run up the score early in the game but ended up punting too many times. Trevor missed too many throws. It could have been 31-7 instead of 17-7.

Obviously Nolan's dropped INT, DK's PI that gave LSU a TD late in the 1st half, etc were factors also.

Aug 18, 2020, 1:16 PM

I'm not sure if we would've gone up 31-7 or not with better offensive execution because that's assuming that LSU's offensive series would've ended up exactly the same way had we scored, and I'm never a big fan of making those types of assumptions.

With that said though, we certainly left a lot on the table on offense, especially in the first half.

1st drive: We had 1st and 10 from the LSU 27 and ended up punting.

2nd drive: We started the drive at the LSU 42 and ended up punting.

Now, the field position on those drives allowed us to start LSU's first two drives from their own 7 and 4 which helped us get stops which is part of the reason I don't like just assuming their drives would've turned out the same way had we scored.

4th drive: We're up 7-0 and had 2nd at 4 from our own 46 and ended up punting.

6th drive: We had 1st and 10 from the LSU 48 and ended up punting.

We really never got anything going on offense in the 2nd half after our touchdown on our first drive of the 3rd quarter. We did get the ball back down 28-25, but weren't able to get near midfield.

The defense had them confused for the whole first half

Aug 18, 2020, 2:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Elliot called the worst offense game I’ve seen in a long ]

We just kept going 3 and out. When we got 6 yards per carry on first down.

“Nobody can confuse joe burrow. “

We did. Did you watch the first half or only the box score ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The defense had them confused for the whole first half

Aug 18, 2020, 8:33 AM

We gave up 28 points and 371 yards in the 1st half. If that's your idea of having them confused for the whole first half then I'd hate to see your idea of them having us figured out. I think the loss was a shared one between our offense and defense so I'm not putting all the blame on the defense, but we went from being up 17-7 with 10:38 left in the 2nd quarter to being down 28-17 by halftime.

THIS RIGHT HERE. Laughable that we had them confused

Aug 18, 2020, 12:25 PM

in the 1st half with them getting 28pts & nearly 400 yards . . . . lol . . . . . lol . . . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

There's a lot of blame to go around for that loss...

Aug 18, 2020, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Elliot called the worst offense game I’ve seen in a long ]

Frankly, the team played rather $#!++7 on both sides of the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 18, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Elliot called the worst offense game I’ve seen in a long ]

I blame the lack of offensive execution.

Complete a few passes with better throws and catches and a lot of problems go away.

This was C execution from the offense and that wasn't good enough against LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our offense sputters so much even with the other-worldly

Aug 18, 2020, 11:16 AM

talent we have. We did not do offensively that great against decent defenses.

Re: Our offense sputters so much even with the other-worldly

Aug 18, 2020, 12:36 PM

You're joking right?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

It does not happen often ...

Aug 18, 2020, 12:31 PM

But LSU OC, DC and players outclassed Clemson across the board in Jan. LSU brought one of the all-time great championship performances - unfortunate but hand it to them.

Re: It does not happen often ...

Aug 18, 2020, 1:08 PM

^This.

When we look back at last year's team, where was it strongest? Who were the stars? Who did the coaches rely on?

The strength, personnel-wise, was clearly on offense. Trevor, Travis, Tee, Justyn and 4 seniors on the OL. In tough games, they should be carrying the team. We had mismatches on their CBs all night and failed to capitalize successfully.

The defense had few stars, so its strength was its versatility. That means BV was the biggest star. Our corners (Terrell and DK) were very good normally, but they matched up poorly that night, getting beat for 5 TDs between them. We needed more than 1 Simmons. We also had a weaker pass rush than previous years, requiring extra blitzers; but even when we got pressure on Burrow he didn't need much time to get rid of the ball.

They had enough weapons to put pressure on us every play, and we couldn't stop them; but we should have scored at least 38 points against that undisciplined defense. That would have kept us in the game.

I think Tony will be the next coach to leave for a Head

Aug 18, 2020, 1:10 PM

Coaching job. He just has to have the right situation open up for him. He won't take a job just to be taking a job.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic