Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elliot/Scott and another genius move
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,369

Elliot/Scott and another genius move

Dec 2, 2014, 4:43 PM

Aaron Rodgers said it best... RELAX.

Dabo got this job and has embraced every moment of it, especially this week. The weight of Spurrier and the jinx of South Carolina are done. He hasn't been successful on accident. He knows exactly what he is doing. His plan has and will work.

In 2010, Chad Morris was.. wait, who was he? He coached at Tulsa. He was one year removed from HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. He had one year of experience at the college level, and guess who sniffed out the potential. Dabo. The message boards then were the same then as they have been since Morris went to SMU. "we need a guy with experience.. blah blah blah." Some people disagree with certain play calls under Morris, but no one can argue that he has evolved this offense to an entirely new level.

Dabo, just like everyone else has probably heard the rumors. He probably heard that Scott wanted a shot at the job or he would go somewhere else. Dabo doing what he does best, realized that he can't let that happen. Scott has brought in countless recruits that otherwise would have ended up having tons of success against us rather than for us.

So he did what he does best. He made the best of the situation. Just as he did when he brought in Morris, or even Venables. The guy has a plan. He will stick to the plan. It will work.

Naming co-coordinators for at least the bowl game bought him more time, and shut everyone up because Elliot and Scott will have to make the game plan and call the plays, Morris is gone. It's completely up to them. If it doesn't work out, what happens? I believe Scott would then stay on staff because he was at least given the chance, however i believe this will work and that won't be an issue.

The co-coordinator plan for the bowl game allows Dabo to see what he has working with him already before trying to steal a coordinator from someone else. Why look anywhere but home if you have what you need right here already.

I love the decision, I support Dabo and think he is an absolutely great coach in the aspect of realizing potential when he sees it. I believe this decision plays out greatly and Elliot along with Scott produce a great game plan that will look very similar to the Chad Morris game plan, with possibly a few spice ups.

He had a plan with Morris and Venables (both which worked out) and he has a plan with this opening.

So once again I tell my fellow tiger fans, RELAX and enjoy. Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elliot/Scott and another genius move

Dec 2, 2014, 4:48 PM

Great post!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 4:49 PM

LOVE IT. I think this move will be great!

I'm in full agreement.

Dec 2, 2014, 4:58 PM

I have learned to trust Dabo. And like you said - 4 years ago, WHO THE F%$@! IS CHAD MORRIS???!! HAS DABO LOST HIS MIND??? Same thing when Dabo was named head coach.

Go Tigers!

Tommy had a plan with Rich Rod that worked

Dec 2, 2014, 5:03 PM

Then a bunch of plans with other guys, which didn't.

Dabo isn't Tommy

Dec 2, 2014, 5:12 PM

I think we can all agree this is different. Plus we changed offenses back then.

Re: Tommy had a plan with Rich Rod that worked

Dec 2, 2014, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Tommy had a plan with Rich Rod that worked ]

I don't see how Tommy and Dabo can be compared. Tommy got us 3 nine win seasons and the west end zone. 10 years- zero acc titles or appearances, 3 nine win seasons, 2 eight win seasons, and then whatever else from there pretty much. Dabo in 6 years, 2 eleven win seasons, a 10 win season and an acc title, 2 nine win seasons and another acc title trip in 2009, with this year TBD whether we win the bowl, and one bad year unfortunately in 2010. I'm not trying to call you out by any means I just think Coach Swinney is more qualified and has way more credibility to hire and fire whomever within the program.

Comparing Dabo to Bowden.. LOL

Dec 2, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Tommy had a plan with Rich Rod that worked ]

That's a good way to lose credibility.

Very well said. Agree 100%

Dec 2, 2014, 5:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Giving you a TU and hoping you are right.

Dec 2, 2014, 5:21 PM

On the surface it looks stupid. Hope there is more at work here....

Dec 2, 2014, 5:35 PM

I agree!!! Dabo knows what hes doing. Go Tigers!!!

Is that you, Dabo?***

Dec 2, 2014, 5:51 PM

Agree..Great post!***

Dec 2, 2014, 5:56 PM

Well said***

Dec 3, 2014, 2:36 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 3, 2014, 3:58 AM

Loyal to a fault. How did the co-starter at qb work this fall? I hope I'm wrong.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,369
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic