Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Eliminate "passouts" at Death Valley.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Eliminate "passouts" at Death Valley.

Sep 5, 2015, 9:33 PM

If y'all are so hung up on people leaving, don't allow people to return to the game. No other sporting event can you leave and return. Very few other schools allow this. I've never been to another ACC venue who allows this.

The most important part of football games are the last 5 minutes of 2nd quarter and first 5 minutes of 3rd quarter. At Clemson, this is when EVERYONE, not just students, are heading to the cars to grab a beer or a coke. It certainly does dampen the atmosphere even for big games just slightly.

I'm not suggesting I'm in favor of this, but it's an easy solution that would improve the atmosphere. Against Wofford, everyone's gonna leave anyway. Who really cares? The coaches shut it down too. We scored twice the whole 2nd half.

Either embrace the idea that you can leave and return as you please, or eliminate that option to entice people to at least not miss the 1st 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Eliminate "passouts" at Death Valley.

Sep 5, 2015, 9:37 PM

How does that help? Won't people just stay gone then?

Better solution: sell beer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And stop fleecing people at concession stands

Sep 5, 2015, 9:42 PM

$4 water

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disgraceful***

Sep 5, 2015, 9:45 PM

Sep 5, 2015, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Eliminate "passouts" at Death Valley. ]

Who here doesn't like beer?

NO

Sep 5, 2015, 9:37 PM

You know dang well when it's a bigger game that place stays full. I was just impressed that it was a sell out vs Wofford. Who cares if people left early. Was it not over for the most part?

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

I agree. I don't care that people leave.***

Sep 5, 2015, 9:48 PM

Sep 5, 2015, 9:39 PM

I would hate to see this happen. It is something that makes Clemson different makes it a lot easier to bring younger children to the games.

Re: Agree***

Sep 5, 2015, 9:41 PM

Sep 5, 2015, 9:45 PM

It's allowed at State

If someone leaves and doesn't come back, then they would

Sep 5, 2015, 9:51 PM

not have cared when they left.

However when my wife realized we had no sunscreen and ran out between 1st and 2nd quarters to get it and water, it is greatly appreciated.

better solution: concessions get cheaper as margin widens

Sep 5, 2015, 9:54 PM

Update concession prices after every score. Within 14 pts and it stays the same, but any wider and the food/drinks start getting cheaper.

Agree 100%

Sep 5, 2015, 9:57 PM

No passouts!

Message was edited by: Tiger80®

I find it amusing when I check tnet in traffic after the

Sep 5, 2015, 10:51 PM

Games only to see people take a picture of their TV and have the audacity to b!tch about the people that were there... I understand they can't tell from the comfort of their lazy boy but it was hot as #### today and I'm sure no one there would argue that fact. If people want to leave in the 3rd quarter against a wofford team were beating the brakes off of with the 3rd string in why do people care? The fact of the matter is they contributed more just by being at the game. I understand watching games from the house because I don't have time during the school season to make most away games but don't complain about the people that were there when atleast they showed up. Not talking about you or anyone in this message thread I just thought it was the perfect pot calling the kettle black situation.

Re: I find it amusing when I check tnet in traffic after the

Sep 5, 2015, 11:05 PM

Good point. I was at the game and I mistakenly thought this thread was referring to the the fans who left the stadium on stretchers! We counted 4. Of my group we stayed til the end but that was mainly because the kids wanted to go down on the field afterward. I was toast by half time.

Exactly what I mean man, that game was too hot to

Sep 5, 2015, 11:15 PM

force yourself to stay the whole time. The people who sit at home then whine about people leaving should get up and go sit at the game. I'm one that is all for people doing whatever they want, if one guy comes in and watches 3 drives then leaves then more power to him if that's how he gets the most enjoyment out of the football games. It was rough when halftime rolled around, if only that breeze and cloud cover would have stayed it would have been much better. The people who left at halftime are smarter than I was that's for sure!

Hot as hell? Are you serious?

Sep 6, 2015, 1:33 AM [ in reply to I find it amusing when I check tnet in traffic after the ]

The sun was covered up by clouds most of the day, there was a good breeze and it wasn't anywhere ear the heat it usually gets to for an early September game. It was downright pleasant.

GO TIGERS

Pleasant?

Sep 6, 2015, 6:22 AM

Not where I was sitting in the north stands with the sun beating down on me. That cloud cover was gone midway through the first quarter and it was hot as Hades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I was in the North Stands too *shrug****

Sep 6, 2015, 5:04 PM

GO TIGERS

Re: Hot as hell? Are you serious?

Sep 6, 2015, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Hot as hell? Are you serious? ]

I don't know what game you were at. Clouds were gone pretty early and the breeze gave out too. We were in the shade on south side and it was still beating us up. We killed 4 bottles of water before the 2nd quarter was over. We had our 2 kids under age 3 with us. Little kids don't tolerate the heat near as well and it is much more dangerous for them because they dehydrate faster. We left at half for the sake of our kids, and ourselves!

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

^obviously wasn't at the game.***

Sep 6, 2015, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Hot as hell? Are you serious? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I was there from kickoff till after the game when I went

Sep 6, 2015, 5:03 PM

on the field. Maybe it's because I drank plenty of water, but I didn't even get a sunburn. I never thought it was that hot or unbearable.

GO TIGERS

it was Wofford and it was 35-7 at half. Who cares?***

Sep 5, 2015, 11:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, just start selling booze in-stadium***

Sep 6, 2015, 2:11 AM

Sep 6, 2015, 5:16 AM

yeah, that's the ticket. Create a new rule or change the current rules to fit a handful of whiners. If you don't like leaving early, then don't leave early. Stop complaining about fan support. Clemson has one of the best fan bases in the country. This happens at every college. Next week when Auburn plays Jacksonville State at home, the same thing is going to happen.

Sep 6, 2015, 6:09 AM

Obviously, people can do as they please.

The OP simply meant that most of the 3rd quarter is "dead" with respect to the fans.

Lots of fan go to watch the game.

Lots of fans go to eat and drink.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The people that leave at halftime paid for their tix just

Sep 6, 2015, 6:51 AM

like those that stay inside.

If they want to leave, they should be allowed to do so. It's America.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely agree. That's my point.

Sep 6, 2015, 9:47 AM

But for the handful that are so annoyed how people leave, try to talk Clemson into eliminating passouts.

That wouldn't solve the problem, but it would certainly help a little.

I hope that doesn't happen, personally, but I also don't care if you leave or not.

Why the cluck do you play games @ noon during the hottest pa

Sep 6, 2015, 9:57 AM

-rt of the year anyhow?

Clucking morans, we're supposed to be smarter than this.

This is the hottest part of the year & people are out in the open sunlight watching games in person @ high noon.

It's 2015, aren't we supposed to be smarter than this by now?

No wonder it's called Death Valley. Buncha morans. I'm surprised everybody doesn't "pass out". Go watch a game outside during the hottest part of the year? No thanks; I'll pass.

Sep 6, 2015, 10:06 AM

I left and returned on 5SEP at Carroll College (Helena, MT) and also on 29AUG at the University of Montana (Missoula, MT).

I like/prefer leave and return policies.

Sep 6, 2015, 5:40 PM

Like it or not some of us like myself go out of the stadium for a quick cigarette. I can smoke electronic cigs inside and in the stands,was told by policeman I can. But I enjoy a cigarette. I go smoke come back in and don't move till game is over.in fact don't leave my seat even to go to bathroom all 4 quarters other than halftime to smoke. As a smoker one of the most annoying things is paying money for a game and can't smoke inside and not allowed to return if I leave stadium. Gt with parker comes to mind.we were getting killed the first half and all I wanted was a cigarette cause I was so mad.had to ask gt fan's where there was to smoke and they showed me a secret place. I don't care if your not a smoker but I am and like being able to smoke and enjoy the tigers.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic