Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ejections for illegal hits proposed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 811

Ejections for illegal hits proposed

Feb 14, 2013, 5:23 AM

Updated: February 13, 2013, 6:35 PM ET Associated Press
http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=8944240&type=story

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ejections for illegal hits proposed

Feb 14, 2013, 8:22 AM

If it was in place last year Bama would not be in the BCS NC game.They also should fine refs who stand there and observe the hit and do nothing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only Parker didn't get speared in the back by Auburn.***

Feb 14, 2013, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Ugh, that started a brutal downhill slide

Feb 14, 2013, 8:33 AM

Caused us to lose to Auburn, and led to an atrocious season. Not to mention the buildup of animosity towards both KP and Dabo that year.

It's one of those plays that I truly believed carved out the entire season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It was. Parker never played the same and protected

Feb 14, 2013, 8:36 AM

himself first and foremost for the rest of the year. He should've been benched the next game for that behavior. It was a very illegal hit that didn't even get called a penalty, but ruined our season.

And the play that defined two years ago was the fumble in the West Virginia game. If that didn't happen, we'd win the game, never seen a momentum shift like that. I also think the play should've been called dead on forward progress.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember coaching an away game that night, so I DVR'd

Feb 14, 2013, 8:48 AM

the OB. When I got home, I started watching it at about 11 pm. I knew that fumble would hurt. But the entire 2nd half, I just couldn't stop watching. I watched every minute of the game, even on DVR. It was a lot like trying to not look at an accident as you drive by.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

did that fumble have a greater impact on the 2012 tigers?

Feb 14, 2013, 8:52 AM

a positive one?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps, I think it's just an example of a group of

Feb 14, 2013, 8:56 AM

athletes who were able to put that completely behind them, as opposed to being motivated by it. But I could be wrong.

I think it did, certainly motivated them. 2012 was a solid

Feb 14, 2013, 8:57 AM [ in reply to did that fumble have a greater impact on the 2012 tigers? ]

season for us. In both our losses we had the lead in the 3rd quarter until we got out hustled.

Replies: 8
| visibility 811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic