Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we even have a hitting coach??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,429

Do we even have a hitting coach??

Feb 25, 2020, 8:09 PM

Not named Monte Lee?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we even have a hitting coach??

Feb 25, 2020, 8:12 PM

If we do, he/she’s pathetically bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 25, 2020, 8:25 PM

I hope not.... but if we do he should definitely be on the HOT seat with Monte Lee with this anemic (lack of) hitting start to the season .......Go Tigers!!!!

Feb 25, 2020, 8:31 PM

Not sure, but I heard the secret is high tech cameras and finding the optimum launch angles. Unfortunately you first need to swing at pitches within reach of the bat.

Yes, of course.

Feb 25, 2020, 8:30 PM

Here he is

Feb 25, 2020, 8:53 PM

Starbuck had the position last couple of years....since he moved on I have not saw who the replacement is....hitting is what has kept us out of post season success.....you would think with the analytics we have we could work on what is keeping us from moving forward. I promise you when conference play start and we continue hitting off the tee we will get our ### handed to us!

Feb 27, 2020, 10:48 AM

Whoever the coach is, it’s still monte’s department and his responsibility. It’s like the head coach in football that has coordinators but everybody really knows whose defense/offense it is.

Feb 27, 2020, 10:56 AM

Maybe their are talent issues.

Either way, it is Monte's responsibility. I am getting

Feb 27, 2020, 11:06 AM

really tired of pathetic basketball and baseball performances.

Re: Either way, it is Monte's responsibility. I am getting

Feb 27, 2020, 11:24 AM

I for one can't believe we put up with being 7-1 in baseball.

This is an outrage!!!

Now honestly, I realize we haven't played any good competition at this point, and we should find out a lot about this season's potential during this weekend's series.

Please excuse me however if I don't start digging the hole to bury this team and coaching staff when we are 8 games into the season and we have no idea how the team will perform moving forward.

I remember last season after 6 ACC games many thought we were headed for a possible ACC title and then we fell off of the map.

Feb 27, 2020, 12:10 PM

We’re not gonna find out much about this team this weekend. South Carolina is not good. The winner of this series just gets bragging rights and that’s about it. Last year they beat us and didn’t even make the postseason

Feb 27, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Either way, it is Monte's responsibility. I am getting ]

This team deserves more of the benefit of the doubt because of the youth. No excuse for juniors to be performing so poorly that we have to field 5 sophomores and 3 freshmen a lot. Along with one of those juniors. We don’t hit the long ball but it looks like we take better cuts and don’t fall out of our shoes or fall down trying to hit it out the park like recent years. I would think this would eventually pay off for us and hitting better for average. That and more experience from the young guys

Feb 27, 2020, 12:25 PM

I have the same hopes about the higher batting average with loss of power and "all or nothing" swings.

Oddly enough the game in which we have gotten the most hits so far is the only one we have lost.

Sign me up for 4 hits a game if it means we win, but I think we are going to have pitching and hitting both show up to keep winning with our schedule.

I wasn't overly surprised by the outcome of the game on Tuesday because when you continue to run freshmen out on the mound they are going to have a bad outing at some point.

We saw it last season when so many of our young arms came crashing down about a third of the way through the season.

Hopefully this year we can keep a lighter load on the young pitchers and have them last through the year.

Feb 27, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Do we even have a hitting coach?? ]

Then that’s the coaches fault.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,429
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic