Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ed O has history of domestic violence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 101

Ed O has history of domestic violence

Jan 3, 2020, 1:25 PM

Hope Clemson wins even more now. Can’t stand scumbags like him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ed O has history of domestic violence

Jan 3, 2020, 1:50 PM

Found this on another bored;

“1991 as an assistant at Miami, (wikipedia) “a "permanent injunction of protection" was granted to a woman by a Dade County court against Orgeron prohibiting "any act of domestic violence." Orgeron was ordered into a 26-week domestic violence counseling program.”

In 1992, still an assistant at Miami, he was arrested in a bar fight in Baton Rouge. You know something is wrong when you’ve done five years at Miami, then get back into coaching after a year hiatus at Nichols State.

At Southern Cal earlier this decade, Orgeron was THE recruiting coordinator while Reggie Bush made off with that $100K.

At Ole Miss, Orgeron’s very first meeting with the team, he referenced his own new players as MF’s. In the heat of the moment, that’s not even acceptable. Would it be okay for a history professor to tell his class, first day, “All you MF’s are going to learn a lot in this history class”?

After Hurricane Katrina, with Tulane’s program in shambles (before they were able to share facilities with Louisiana Tech, and thus keep playing the season), Orgeron called Greg Davis’ son, and Tulane assistant, and tried to begin poaching players for Ole Miss from the Tulane program. Davis turned him in. Nothing ever came of it after Orgeron pretended he didn’t know it was a violation.

Highly ticked Tulane head coach Chris Scelfo said of Orgeron, "there's people in our business who do not belong in our business". Scelfo was correct.

At Tennessee all the sudden - Orgeron having only been there a year - six “minor” NCAA violations for the Vols.

Finally, after leaving Tennessee, Orgeron called early recruits at Tennessee, trying to recruit them to USC…after they were already technically enrolled at Tennessee. Had he forgotten the rules he had already learned after his own Tulane scandal?

What's next?”

Jan 3, 2020, 1:57 PM

I like his funny voice, but concede that he may be the reigning champion of dirty recruiting. When you get your Heisman winner off the transfer portal auction block, everything smells of corruption. See: Cam Newton.

Ed O is an alcoholic

Jan 3, 2020, 2:09 PM

Ed is an open alcoholic, has been dry for years now, talks about gettng his life straight which he did. He answers questions directly about his behavior in the past, no sugar coating.

LSU fans disliked him much, then while living in LA he turned his life around. Fans were cautiously happy when he was hired as DL coach.

In recent years O has been an excellent citizen. He puts family first, requiring assts. to work less, telling them to spend time with their families.

But he still uses "MF" in the locker room like most coaches.

Re: Ed O is an alcoholic

Jan 3, 2020, 2:31 PM

Pay no attention to this post - it’s not reflective of the base. Seems to me his players like him.

In my opinion there is never an excuse for domestic violence

Jan 3, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Ed O is an alcoholic ]

I don’t care if you drink too much have a drug problem etc... it is an unforgivable sin in my view and should follow you your entire life. I am glad to hear it said that he is not drinking anymore but that does not bury his actions as an abuser of his family and loved ones. You never, ever hurt your family by physically assaulting them, its a disgrace!

Go Tigers!!!

Re: In my opinion there is never an excuse for domestic violence

Jan 3, 2020, 6:49 PM

It's probably good then that it isn't up to you to forgive him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 7:14 PM [ in reply to In my opinion there is never an excuse for domestic violence ]

UNFORGIVABLE SIN???...well YOUR book needs a lot of work you self righteous ######.

Jan 4, 2020, 5:55 AM [ in reply to In my opinion there is never an excuse for domestic violence ]

I don’t care if you drink too much have a drug problem etc... it is an unforgivable sin in my view and should follow you your entire life. I am glad to hear it said that he is not drinking anymore but that does not bury his actions as an abuser of his family and loved ones. You never, ever hurt your family by physically assaulting them, its a disgrace!

Go Tigers!!!

Wow. No redemption at your house. So I suppose if one of your kids screws up in the manner you find disgraceful then he/she might as well kill himself/herself because there will never, ever be forgiveness from you. Doesn’t matter what he/she does to change his/her life

Jan 3, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Ed O is an alcoholic ]

Glad that he has turned around and personally hope he continues down the better road!

Jan 3, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Ed O is an alcoholic ]

I hope you're right. I really like him. Seems that he loves his players and has done a terrific job at LSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Ed O is an alcoholic ]

If Ed O has successfully overcome alcoholism, he should be commended. This is a great story. If LSU wins, I'm sure we will hear more about it which could benefit a lot of people.

I hope the domestic violence stuff is untrue.

Jan 3, 2020, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Ed O is an alcoholic ]

You must be LSU fan. The guy that posted this deserves to have his ### beat. I hope our Tigers crush your Tigers but I'd pay to watch O beat our sorry fan to a pulp.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:26 PM

Based on the above, it sounds like O only hits woman.

I think he’s talking about our female fans***

Jan 4, 2020, 1:32 AM

Jan 4, 2020, 5:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Ed O has history of domestic violence ]

Could be wrong, but Ed actually has a rep as a clean recruiter...which is very much unlike most coaches that have coached in the SEC aside from maybe Urban Meyer.

This latest bit of LSU getting involved with Jordan Burch at the last moment raised some eyebrows, but you tend to not see stuff like that with his teams.

I actually like the man, as a human being. And he's pretty open about the problems in his past and seems to have grown up a bunch and learned from them. All you can ask, really.

Jan 3, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed O has history of domestic violence ]

I don't hate him and everyone's entitled to their mistakes as long as they improve themselves and clean it up through working on it .

That being said , that's an awful lot of dirt on an individual in such a high position in their chosen field .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

yeah but he was drunk for all that dirt..

Jan 3, 2020, 5:01 PM

Drunk when he beat women, drunk when slipping Reggie Bush cash, drunk when taking advantage of a natural catastrophe by calling other teams enrolled players, drunk when calling his brand new players MFers, drunk when he previously failed as a coach...and heck, just basically drunk every day of his adult life...until this year when Macaulay Culkin came on as a QB. When they drop back into obscurity next year, then I'm betting he'll be drunk again.

So it's all good.

Re: yeah but he was drunk for all that dirt..

Jan 3, 2020, 7:22 PM

Wow... As a Clemson fan I am shocked at some of the things I'm seeing people post on here. Yeah, he had pulled some seriously shady moves recruiting that are fairly well known, but dang, the comments ts about his alcohol issues and basically hoping for a relapse? Sorry, I would hope most of us are above that, especially when it is over a game.

Re: yeah but he was drunk for all that dirt..

Jan 4, 2020, 5:58 AM

Thanks for saying that. Coach O is a great guy who has made mistakes. Who hasn’t? Good luck to your Clemson Tigers. It’s going to be a heck of a game!

Jan 3, 2020, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed O has history of domestic violence ]

wow...you're a true scumbag. Bottom of Ed Orgeron's shoe. Just root for Clemson like an adult. If O did have any violence left I would hope he kick you a** from Death Valley to Death Valley and back again.

Jan 3, 2020, 2:11 PM

This is sleazy, Clemson fans.

You don't know Ed's story.

It is so interesting that you claim to have such "class" in your "family." I've red the boreds for every team we have played and for every SEC team (whether or not we played that team). You are below average when it comes to high standards and behavior.

And in fairness, I will say that LSU fans tend to be well below average on that measure. We just don't proclaim our virtue the way you do.

The cognitive dissonance is hurting my head.

Jan 3, 2020, 2:22 PM

Go melt about it on tigerdroppings

Then get off our site!!!

Jan 3, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed O has history of domestic violence ]

We certainly wont miss your dribble.

Quit while you can, Johnny. It’s “drivel.”*****

Jan 3, 2020, 10:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed O has history of domestic violence ]

The first reply to OP posted his history at the top .
So we do kinda know Ed's story .

DB23

Please, enlighten us on his story.***

Jan 3, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed O has history of domestic violence ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 3, 2020, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed O has history of domestic violence ]

Go away... Please...

Jan 3, 2020, 2:14 PM
LSU-O-My.jpg(211.7 K)

I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're

Jan 3, 2020, 2:24 PM

going to go back nearly 30 years to find indiscretions on somebody who obviously has turned his life around and become a pretty likeable guy?

This new century trend of destroying somebody's entire life and not granting second chances is f'ing nonsense. I've never had a DUI or domestic charge of any kind, but I know a bad seed when I see one and Ed Flintstone ain't it. This is beneath us, Clemson brethren.

Re: I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're

Jan 3, 2020, 2:29 PM

Amen and amen.

Jan 3, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

I’m in agreement. We don’t cast stones at CU. Especially not this late

Jan 3, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

?? CootNDawgHater. It doesn't belong here.
Matthew 7:1 - Judge not lest ye be judged. Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 7:18 PM

OOOOOhhhhh

Agree. Just stop it.***

Jan 3, 2020, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Agree. Just stop it.***

Jan 3, 2020, 7:25 PM

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with that sentiment! Everyone has a skeleton or more in the closet and would make much better choices today versus 30yrs ago or as a young 20yr old. The extent of the domestic violence isn't known as we were not there. Obviously not condoning it but we don't need spread hate mongering quips that someone posted on another board.

Jan 3, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

I hear ya...but abusing your family is an unforgivable sin. I am not a perfect man. I work hard to improve and grow everyday. But if he was abusing his family and loved ones he deserves all the dirt that is thrown on him. Good for him that he has improved his life but nothing will take away from the damage he obviously did to his family. Just one man’s opinion.

Go Tigers!!!

Jan 3, 2020, 4:39 PM

You are just wrong. There is no sin that is unforgivable. Everyone, including you and Ed O, fall short of the glory of God.

You’re right...

Jan 3, 2020, 5:17 PM

God may forgive him but I am just an imperfect man myself who is not without sin. And when my time comes, if not forgiving abusers is my biggest sin then I’m ok with that. Only a weak man abuses his family and loved ones, PERIOD.

Re: You’re right...

Jan 3, 2020, 6:19 PM

You should learn about the power of redemption, in God's ability to change people and make them into brand-new creatures.

Jan 3, 2020, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

You bunch are FOS

Jan 3, 2020, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

there are no unforgivable sins. if there were, christianity would be out of business.

Jan 3, 2020, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

A pharisee is hard on others and easy on himself, but a spiritual man is easy on others and hard on himself. - AW Tozer

your poor family...life must suck with a pharisee.

Jan 3, 2020, 3:35 PM [ in reply to I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

I disagree . You can and should forgive people their mistakes and transgressions , but forgetting them or never talking about them is the practice of victims .
Be prepared for who a person can be , based on who a person has been .

DB23

I partially agree, but that doesn't apply here. He's not,

Jan 3, 2020, 3:47 PM

nor will he ever be, a threat to a single person on this board. Using that to justify hating a man over a football game is of low character when not a #### one of us knows the whole story or what he's been through to get to this point in his life.

Let's stick to football and not lower ourselves to poor judgment.

Re: I partially agree, but that doesn't apply here. He's not,

Jan 3, 2020, 4:31 PM

In my first post about this I said I don't dislike the man , but knowing what he's done and is apparently pretty well known for sends a message to us all that people are fallable and that time is no barrier to our behaviors and decisions .

I'll move on though , I do want to see him gargling about whatever they should've done better after the loss on the 13th ;)

DB23

Amen! This is truly an embarrassing thread...

Jan 3, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

...for the most part. Serves no good purpose at all.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

count me in this camp, this is beneath us

Jan 4, 2020, 11:26 AM [ in reply to I actually agree with the LSU fans here. Seriously, we're ]

Lots of folks make big mistakes in their youth, I believe in redemption.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should drop this folks....

Jan 3, 2020, 2:53 PM

I don't know his story....but I do not want to be judged by what I did 30 years ago.

And thank goodness there weren't smartphones...

Jan 3, 2020, 7:17 PM

...in everyone's pocket when I was in my teens and early 20's. Whew.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: And thank goodness there weren't smartphones...

Jan 3, 2020, 7:40 PM

^ THIS! It is easy to throw stones. I know a ton of people I grew up with a whole lot of people who are awful holier than thou these days, and yet they were right beside me doing dirt. And I wont even mention stuff done when I began to see the world :) I for one am VERY glad smartphones were not a thing in the 90s.

Jan 3, 2020, 3:04 PM

come on man, this is the type of #### a Coot fan would do, none of us are the same person we were 30 years ago, and why did Jesus die on the cross? I mean come on, he seems like a really great guy & everyone loves him, everyone loves a great story of redemption

Jan 3, 2020, 3:16 PM

A couple of years ago, there was talk he tried to strong arm some Louisiana high school coaches about influencing their players toward LSU, but then the fuss died down.

I have mixed feelings about EdO. There are a boatload of worse guys in the business.

College football is a very dirty business. The money explosion has taken it to another level. I hope someone writes an expose that blows the doors off of everything.

Dabo is why I became a Clemson fan. He is different.

He among you without sin, let his cast the first stone......

Jan 3, 2020, 4:50 PM

Lots of stones being thrown by people who are also in need of forgivness. Just saying.

Very few if any of us are women beaters...***

Jan 3, 2020, 6:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This is not a good look for Clemson fans

Jan 3, 2020, 6:25 PM

Let's keep it classy.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 3, 2020, 7:03 PM

FYI

LSU coach Ed Orgeron's wife Kelly nearly died last May
https://www.nola.com/archive/article_24ecc1a7-8f50-551c-9023-ad365e9e76b1.html

Jan 4, 2020, 12:03 AM

Coach Oj is going to need a drink after that pimp slapping Trevor gives him. He hee heee!

Jan 4, 2020, 2:40 AM

Maybe but never discount the tendency & innate ability of the opp sex to tell a convincing lie, never to be hampered by a feeling of moral responsibility for the negative effects of the fabrication-

Jan 4, 2020, 5:42 AM

So women are just liars, right?

Dude.

Jan 4, 2020, 11:49 AM

there was never, afaik, any allegations that O physically abused women or kids. He was a known barroom brawler and threatened, but he remains close to his kid from his first marriage.

at LSU's last open date he encouraged his coaches to spend time with their families when most teams' assts were out recruiting. He and wife went to watch their twins play a game out of town.

Jan 4, 2020, 11:02 AM

why do you put this trash up here.... can't we be the better fan base than to troll he other coaches, players and put the non football related crap up here. Look in the mirror, cast the first stone, whatever phrase you need, just keep it to yourself...

Jan 4, 2020, 12:05 PM

I agree.

And with this thread, the TNet Schtick of bashing the opposition has jumped the shark.

Jan 4, 2020, 12:45 PM

For me at least.

Enough of this.

And my response isn’t about whether or no Ex O is a good or bad man or if his past transgressions warrant forgiveness. It’s about whether or not this is appropriate fodder for flippant fan smack talk the week before the game. And I would say it’s not.

null

Replies: 63
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic