Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ease up. Just one game folks. Still believe in our Tigs!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,000

Ease up. Just one game folks. Still believe in our Tigs!

Nov 17, 2014, 9:38 PM

Close loss. We didn't get destroyed. IMO we're still developing. They shot some good 3's tonight and that's an area we'll improve on in defense. Winthrop will win a lot of games. I expect we will also. Yes, the ACC is a gauntlet but we'll do just what they did to us- steal some games we prolly should lose.

I like our tenacity, our young guns, and I believe in Brownell. I think we're headed in the right direction. Sure, tonight was a let down but it ain't over folks. Stoudt doesn't play PG. It ain't over. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen our schedule??!! We have to get our wins

Nov 17, 2014, 9:41 PM

where we can...and at home vs. Winthrop was a "W" that we had to have!!

That's a bad loss. Now we are going to need to steal one or two in our first 6 ACC games, which is improbable at best.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Have you seen our schedule??!! We have to get our wins

Nov 17, 2014, 9:45 PM

Yep. It's a tall task. But I like our team and think we'll find cohesiveness. I believe we're a better defensive team than we showed tonight. IMO we're tough. Should've won but we won't be the only power team to go down tonight/ tomorrow or this weekend. I ain't writing us off yet bud.

Re: Ease up. Just one game folks. Still believe in our Tigs!

Nov 17, 2014, 9:45 PM

Sure thing Bry. Here is just our first five games in league play.
01/03 North Carolina 4:30PM or 8 PM ESPN
01/07 @Louisville 9:00 PM ACCN
01/10 @Pittsburgh 12:00 PM RSN
01/13 @Virginia 8:00 PM ACCN
01/17 Syracuse
You tell me where we can get a win in just our first 5 if we can't beat a team like winthrop at home. haha

Nov 17, 2014, 9:47 PM

I know. I know. I see what you're saying but I love my Tigers. And I'm an eternal optimist. Except for Cole. I'm done with him. Having said that, God I hope he proves me wrong. I genuinely do.

I like the attitude,but do you realize who we played***

Nov 17, 2014, 9:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like the attitude,but do you realize who we played***

Nov 17, 2014, 9:55 PM

Yea.... doesn't mean I have to like it man. I just believe in em. I think Nnoko can turn it on, Hall can be the general, and Grantham gives us an unexpected boost. I get it.... but I'm somewhat of an optimistic guy. Call me naive.... But I respect your opinion.

We can still agree that Clemson is the greatest place on Earth.

Year 5 ***

Nov 17, 2014, 9:56 PM

--

Nov 17, 2014, 10:02 PM

And just what do you base this belief in Brownell on? Because they play hard? Honorable I suppose, but it hardly seems to be the answer. He has been around more than long enough to put his stamp on the program, yet the program is not nearly at the level it was when he took over. I suppose many like his intensity, and the way he yells at players, and refs, alike. But the program is very mediocre on its best day. If that satisfies the crowd that believe Brownell is the boy genius of basketball, fine. But the track record shows nothing to say there is any light at the end of the tunnel as far as the program is concerned.

He's certainly no Frank Martin.***

Nov 17, 2014, 10:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Ease up. Just one game folks. Still believe in our Tigs! ]

I certainly understand your angle. I do. But with a football first emphasis we've managed to be extremely competitive to say the least. We were a few bad calls away from the tourney last year. We've almost consistently been a thorn in Dukes side. Look at what they get as far as recruits and what we get. On paper, it should be no contest.

I'm certainly not saying you're out of line/ wrong or bashing your opinion. Not at all. But IMHO it's impressive that we're getting some 4 star guys and playing top teams this well (though tonight was a set back). I'm looking forward to the season no matter the outcome. I suppose this is the beauty of forums... we all have our opinions. Regardless, Go Tigers.

Just confused........BB gets a free pass....not Dabo, Jack,

Nov 17, 2014, 10:13 PM

and certainly not Chad......how come?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just confused........BB gets a free pass....not Dabo, Jack,

Nov 17, 2014, 10:57 PM

I can also see your point as well. I don't necessarily agree with tonights flagrant call. At all. I'd rather see BB go with a reach in foul. However, it would appear more reasonable to argue with CDS or CRM for continuously forgiving Cole and supporting him when he clearly makes "knuckleheaded" decisions. I'm obviously a stern CU supporter but come on..... Cole is prolly left handed or blind. We must give Nick a shot. No question. It cant be worse.

As far as Jack goes, well small ball and bunting MAY have helped us in a game or two before. But it appears it has bitten us in the €$$ more times than not. I suppose criticisms are indeed based on patterns of consistency. Which team really has over achieved and which has under achieved?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,000
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic