Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What got into Lynn-J!??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What got into Lynn-J!??

Jun 20, 2019, 11:25 PM

I remember watching the Furman game and thinking, "hmm... not very fast."
See the 20 sec. mark on the link.

As you continue watching you don't see a lot to change that assessment. And then... Wake Forest - Kapow!!
See the 2:39 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMs1jGifGc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What got into Lynn-J!??

Jun 20, 2019, 11:42 PM

I honestly believe he would’ve been ahead of Feaster this year.

Jun 20, 2019, 11:47 PM

he is now

Feaster believed it too, obviously.***

Jun 21, 2019, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: What got into Lynn-J!?? ]

Jun 21, 2019, 12:45 AM

A great highlight reel, thanks for posting. I forgot how badly we beat nearly every team last year, not just nd and 'bamer.

Jun 21, 2019, 1:46 AM

This reel illustrates why I think LJD could be just as good as ETN.

In my opinion, he is niftier, more elusive, more instinctive and makes better decisions about changing direction than ETN.

LJD definitely runs with less power than ETN but hopefully he's put on some muscle since last year. He was not an early enrollee which is a major disadvantage for a freshman RB. He is primed for a huge step forward. I truly believe Feaster saw this in practice and decided to leave.

The guy is going to be a lightening bolt in college football and even people that don't follow Clemson will notice him.

ETN will end up being Clemson's all time best***

Jun 21, 2019, 4:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN will end up being Clemson's all time best***

Jun 21, 2019, 6:17 AM

I remember Walt saying this before he even played a game and this bored just killed him for it. Seems like he got that one right.

Jun 21, 2019, 6:57 AM

He gets things right every now & then. Of course when he is right, a lot of times it’s because he’s discussed every scenario possible, then harps on the part that came to fruition. Be careful letting him fool you

Jun 21, 2019, 12:56 PM

I agree with some of your point but he’s got an eye for talent.

Helllllll no. Lyn-J is not on the same planet as ETN

Jun 21, 2019, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: What got into Lynn-J!?? ]

He's good, but he will not be close to ETN. He doesn't have the power or speed. I believe Bowman will take his starting spot in 2020.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Helllllll no. Lyn-J is not on the same planet as ETN

Jun 21, 2019, 7:55 AM

Watching Bowman’s film, I get a similar feeling to Feaster’s HS film. I don’t see power, but a lot of speed & running outside. TE wasn’t very powerful as a frost, but at least would run inside. Lyn-J looked more elusive & seemed to have better field vision than TE as a freshman, and would also run inside. His acceleration & break away speed looks just as good, and seemed more durable in his first year than TE. I’ll be surprised if Bowman takes Lyn-J’s spot on the depth chart

Jun 21, 2019, 5:22 AM

This is the first time I’ve ever seen someone use and interrobang. Nice.

Jun 21, 2019, 6:32 AM

He had a leg injury against FU which hurt his speed. He is not blazing fast but has more than adequate speed

Jun 21, 2019, 6:56 AM

He enrolled in the fall so he could have been a little out of shape as he didn’t have the advantage of participating in spring and summer workouts. He could also have been a little tired and banged up from fall camp. LJ definitely found his legs as the season moved forward. It will be exciting to see him play after having the benefit of being in the program for a year.

Jun 21, 2019, 8:18 AM

I saw one interview with LJD, and if my memory serves me, he indicated that he is working on 'blocking' as one of his goals. I think that kept him off the field sometimes, but he had to share PT with Choice and Feaster, and even Rencher.

LJD just needs a little crease, and he is downfield in a flash. Amazing cuts and acceleration IMO.

Jun 21, 2019, 8:22 AM

Thanks for the highlights. He looks great to me. Seemed to get better as the season progressed. Only knock is he might run a little too upright. Can’t wait to see him mature over the next couple of years.

He has really good acceleration. Top end speed is pretty

Jun 21, 2019, 8:29 AM

good, but definitely not elite. He does look faster on some runs than others though.

you tend to get alot faster once you figure out the offense

Jun 21, 2019, 8:36 AM

and how it works. Early on he was still probably confused, nervous, didn't want to make a mistake or a bad read. And later he figured it out and played downhill. I think this is why Shaq Smith never made it. Never got into that downhill mode. Thinking too much, not mentally prepared, didn't understand his que's.

Jun 21, 2019, 9:34 AM

Exactly......Wake Forest. That defense makes anybody look fast.

I did not realize until watching the whole clip what kind of

Jun 21, 2019, 10:31 AM

power Lyn-J brings. He very rarely, if ever, got stopped cold. But, he was dancing a little too much at the start. I think that is what changed, he got more decisive at hitting the hole as the season progressed. He will push ETN this year, a great problem to have!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic