Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ETN is the best RB in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

ETN is the best RB in the country

Oct 6, 2018, 8:05 PM

I like Snell , the kid from Wisky is pretty good and McLovin at Stanford has talent .
Travis is a whole different level though . No orange blinders here . Look at the tape . What has he done over these last 3 games ? He's matured this year . Patient with his blockers . Home run hitter who runs with power and unbelievable balance .
He never gets tackled by the first guy .

When kept in mind that we play 3 other backs and they get whole series... it's a no brainer .
Watch the film folks ... ETN for Heisman !!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

you are correct td23

Oct 6, 2018, 8:06 PM

up close and personal, that guy can flat out ball

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: you are correct td23

Oct 6, 2018, 8:24 PM

I am fascinated by his first contact ability . He has so much YAC that I feel like that part of his game separates him from the other good backs in CFB .
He bounces off of guys that don't wrap up . He's a violent runner . Then is his speed . He has NFL caliber speed to go along with everything else he brings to the table .

DB23

Re: ETN is the best RB in the country

Oct 6, 2018, 8:08 PM

I wouldn’t want to ruin Etienne’s name with the heisman trophy. He has way too much character for that award.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 8:12 PM

Just because we may disagree with some of the choices that the voters have made over the years doesn't mean that we shouldn't be thrilled if we finally had a Clemson player win it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lighten up Francis***

Oct 6, 2018, 8:14 PM

Oct 6, 2018, 8:10 PM

Amen brother Tigerdug!

Unfortunately just like 2 years ago...

Oct 6, 2018, 8:13 PM

ESecPN has already pick Tuna Tilapia or whaterever his name is.

Re: Unfortunately just like 2 years ago...

Oct 6, 2018, 8:18 PM

With the way Tuna Tilapia has been playing, it's hard to argue against him as the front-runner at this point. Etienne should definitely be in the conversation at this point, and if he continues to produce at this level, I think he will be a finalist.

Re: Unfortunately just like 2 years ago...

Oct 6, 2018, 8:26 PM

Tua should be the frontrunner . He's playing lights out and there's apparently nothing anyone in the SEC can do about it .

Travis should be well into that upper group though , this week again he just showed people how special he is.

DB23

If he played for Notre Dame he'd be in contention.

Oct 6, 2018, 9:01 PM

Truth ^

DB23

You'll get no argument from me on this one....

Travis is a special rb.....and he'll be making a lot of money someday soon

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 8:15 PM

His balance is crazy.

Oct 6, 2018, 8:16 PM

Going into today Etienne was 7th nationally in rushing yards, fifth in rushing TD' and 2nd in yards per carry among qualified RB's (1st in P5). After another great game today he should move up on each of those lists.

And he's probably about 80th in total carries!!***

Oct 6, 2018, 9:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And he's probably about 80th in total carries!!***

Oct 6, 2018, 10:50 PM

With that avg.per carry though ... he's tops in my mind .

DB23

With the ball in his hands, he's the most explosive back in college football,

Oct 6, 2018, 8:19 PM

but he's not the most complete back in college football. He still has to get better at pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield. Had another drop today.

But, no one hits the hole faster than ETN. The kid is special!

Re: With the ball in his hands, he's the most explosive back in college football,

Oct 6, 2018, 8:22 PM

I have to agree!
I wish we would kind of just feature him. It would open up our passing game to unseen heights because of the safety or safeties being in the box. I'll take Justin Ross and Tee Higgins and Hunter Renfrow in 1 on 1 anytime over other teams DB's. What we have to get better established to really take off though is TE production.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the ball in his hands, he's the most explosive back in college football,

Oct 6, 2018, 11:29 PM

In games we need him, he will be featured... i.e. the next game

Derrick Henry won the Heisman and had about three catches

Oct 6, 2018, 9:10 PM [ in reply to With the ball in his hands, he's the most explosive back in college football, ]

on the season!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 8:19 PM

FACTS! Dudes in NY, keep it up baby!

Oct 6, 2018, 8:22 PM

Thumbs up on the McLovin reference! In all seriousness, 9 is most certainly under-appreciated and overlooked by the C.F.B. media. Right now, I have no doubt that T.T. at Bammer wins it, but Travis should be a close second!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget that Bama has only played one even halfway

Oct 6, 2018, 9:11 PM

decent team this year!

Oct 6, 2018, 9:18 PM

Am I the only one who thinks he strongly resembles Barry Sanders?

Sanders is really the last guy I can remember who had that particular combo of cat-like contact balance and take-it-to-the-house speed.

Oct 6, 2018, 10:52 PM

Yes , he does bounce off of would be tacklers in the same way . Has a low center of gravity and a powerful lower body .

DB23

How lucky were we?

Oct 6, 2018, 9:36 PM

I guess we have Richardson to thank for, right? ;)

Oct 6, 2018, 9:40 PM

Two things about ETN impress me. First, his yards after contact are amazing. How many times have you seen would be tacklers try to bring him down with an arm tackle and fail?

The second is his burst after he hits the hole. The acceleration is amazing and I can't count how many d backs who take decent angles, simply can't catch him.

Orange glasses aside, I think he's certainly one of the top 3 in the country.

Screw Calford.

McLovin?

Oct 6, 2018, 9:44 PM

This guy is either gonna think 'Here's just another kid Running Back, or 'Here's McLovin, a 25 year-old Hawaiian organ donor Running Back'!

too bad he disappears

Oct 6, 2018, 10:58 PM

After every run for entire quarters at a time. Such a waste to hand it to anyone but Ettienne. Its hard to watch. Half of Feaster/Choice’s runs ETN would house call.

Sad he will get 0 national exposure splitting carries. Maybe next year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: too bad he disappears

Oct 6, 2018, 11:23 PM

You saw how Choice (136) and Dixon (163) both had huge days today .
As well as last week when Feaster and Choice both ran extremely well .
Do I think Travis should get 20+ Carrie's a game ? You bet . What works though is whatever we've been up to with this RB personnel ... and I am cool with that .
Cannot argue production or results here at all.

DB23

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic