Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ETN has the highest YPC of any Power 5 RB in the last decade
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

ETN has the highest YPC of any Power 5 RB in the last decade

Dec 12, 2018, 2:41 AM

with as many rushing yards as he has.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25501107/espn-college-football-all-conference-teams

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN has the highest YPC of any Power 5 RB in the last decade

Dec 12, 2018, 7:54 AM

Excellent ETN.

And look at the accolades thrown on Ryan Finely. Compare his stats to Trevor Lawrence and tell me who deserved the accolades. 24 TD's and 9 picks is better than 24 TD's and 4 picks....151.9 QBR is greater than 154 QBR. One team is 9-3, another team is 13-0 and in the CFP.

Clemson math...not up to ESPN standards.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/conferences/statistics/player/_/id/1/acc-conference

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just FYI you can click any column header and it sorts by

Dec 12, 2018, 8:02 AM

that stat. You had it sorted by total yards.

Oops, misunderstood your point, nvm.

Message was edited by: Murica®

Well, Finely DID have to play against our defense...

Dec 12, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: ETN has the highest YPC of any Power 5 RB in the last decade ]

... that probably worked in the favor of TL16’s #s!

lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Devil's Advocate

Dec 12, 2018, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: ETN has the highest YPC of any Power 5 RB in the last decade ]

Finley did it without a running back like Etienne.

Total QBR:
Finley 81.4
Lawrence 78.9

Also you mention records, when in reality Lawrence is 8-0.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Devil's Advocate

Dec 12, 2018, 11:27 AM

Technically, Lawrence is 13-0, as long as you don't say "as a starter". He played in all 13 games so far.

Re: ETN has the highest YPC of any Power 5 RB in the last decade

Dec 12, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: ETN has the highest YPC of any Power 5 RB in the last decade ]

I think it was the rushing yards that separated the Ryan Finely from Trevor Lawrence. Trevor only had 144 yard rushing where as Ryan had 25 yards. That's a big difference between the 2.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ETN is a victim of his own success.

Dec 12, 2018, 8:15 AM

Every now and then their are players who make it look so easy that people think it must be and don't give them the credit they should.

People think because ETN would simply run through defenders that the defenders must have been sub-par.

I hope next year he gets the acclaim he deserves.

ETN has a special talent that sets him apart

Dec 12, 2018, 8:39 AM

He has speed so that when he breaks free of the line you can go ahead and start up the band. But what helps him get through the line is his vision. He sees the holes and can make adjustments better than any back I have ever seen. Watch some of his runs very carefully and you can see where he sees an opening to cut through that most backs would never even think about doing that. But he is a strong runner when getting through the defensive backfield and can shake off tacklers better than most but his vision is what makes him so special.

You are correct that he makes it look so simple that people do not understand what is happening a fault the defense rather than giving him credit. We will find out how down the ACC was this year during the bowl games.

Now the one man that is causing the four team playoff to be so controversial and complaints about who is being left out is Dabo. When the four team playoff was announced it was figured that the ACC would probably be the conference left out most years. Dabo nixed that idea and now everyone wants it expanded so that the B1G and Pac-12 aren't left out so often. It was OK when it was thought that the ACC would be left out so blame Dabo for the problems with the four team playoff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN has a special talent that sets him apart

Dec 12, 2018, 8:58 AM

+1 great point, " It was OK when it was thought that the ACC would be left out so blame Dabo for the problems with the four team playoff. "

(Although I don't think going to 8 is a good idea)

Re: ETN has a special talent that sets him apart

Dec 12, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to ETN has a special talent that sets him apart ]

I agree with his vision. One thing that has changed and is only going to get better is his patience. Last year he would not follow his blockers which ended up hurting him a little. This year he hasn't done that near as much and as the season has progressed he's gotten better at it. It's definitely going to get interesting the next 2 games. If his patience is there he should have decent days against the next 2 opponents as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds Heisman worthy***

Dec 12, 2018, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic