Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ETN had 1 carry after 10:49 left in 3rd quarter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

ETN had 1 carry after 10:49 left in 3rd quarter

Jan 14, 2020, 2:08 PM

After his TD early in the 3rd quarter he would run the ball only 1 more time, late in the 3rd, on a speed option.

When we wouldn't get cute and just give him the ball he was getting 5-10 yards a carry. I can't believe how quickly we abandoned the run, especially since it was working and Trevor was struggling with accuracy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, the complaint has been lodged. Coaches know about it

Jan 14, 2020, 2:10 PM

Would be nice to get an answer. Hopefully we will SEE an answer next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, the complaint has been lodged. Coaches know about it

Jan 14, 2020, 2:17 PM

I know it's been talked about, it just makes less and less sense the more you think about it.

I know the resume and the records we've accomplished while Tony Elliot is OC, but for the RB coach to just completely forget about one of your most explosive playmakers (a RB) for an entire half of football is just really confusing

I have no problem with our offense overall.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:01 PM

My only issue, as seen in the UNC game and against LSU, and a few other games where we worked things out only because of our talent level....is that if TL if off, we have no relief valve to get him back calmed down. We just double down on what we are doing, which is passing. BV throws the kitchen sink at everyone over on defense. There is no other defense in college football that's more adept at adapting. And as the game progresses, he keeps offenses guessing.

There was no chess match last night against our office. We made the first move, which I'm sure we practiced for 16 days. LSU adjusted. Then we never changed. Nick Saban caught the same flack last year from Bama fans when we played them. BV schemed Tua, and we stopped their passing game, eventually shut it down. But Bama had success running the ball. But they rarely ran it. And when Tua was off, they never started feeding their RB. SAME THING.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they though?

Jan 14, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Ok, the complaint has been lodged. Coaches know about it ]

We seem to do this a lot. Usually we just out-talent the other team though, so I'm not sure it is perceived as a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN had 1 carry after 10:49 left in 3rd quarter

Jan 14, 2020, 2:20 PM

Would have run Trevor alot also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 2:24 PM

Yeah. I don't get it either. They kept on throwing incomplete passes. Travis may be the most explosive back in the game and the Tiger coaches ignored him in the last 25 minutes. Was he hurt or did they just get stupid all of a sudden?

This is the one thing that keeps running through my head

Jan 14, 2020, 2:21 PM

Our OL was making some big holes early.

The orbital pop pass also worked and helps with running inside The tackles. We abandoned that too

It’s hard to understand the thought process from the booth with Trevor’s accuracy issues

Huh, interesting. First time I've heard this.***

Jan 14, 2020, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 2:24 PM

I said before the game if ETN didnt carry it 25-30 times we would lose. I dont get why we abandon the run he was (like you said) getting 5-10 yds a carry. Needed to keep LSU off the field i figure we would of run it a lot more.

Terrible decision. Our offense performs despite the

Jan 14, 2020, 2:25 PM

playcalling, and last night we just faced too tough of a team to do that again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 2:26 PM

Didn't Clemson throw three straight incomplete passes on their second possession in the second half after making it 25-28? Incredible.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:09 PM

True story.

We also ran him right and up the middle almost exclusively.

Was there some reason we rarely ran left outside the tackles for the whole game?

Also, why only one jet sweep and very few flanker screens?

they stuffed alot of the wide runs

Jan 14, 2020, 3:21 PM

but ETN up the middle was violent a few times. He knocked some of their big guys over to get an extra yard

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic