Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25

Apr 27, 2012, 4:29 PM

1.Southern Cal
2.LSU
3.Alabama
4.Oregon
5.Oklahoma
6.Georgia
7.FSU
8.Sakerlina
9.Arky
10.Michigan
11.West Virginia
12.Mich State
13.Kansas State
14.TCU
15.Stanford
16.Wisconsin
17.Nebraska
18.Clemson
19.Virginia Tech
20.Ohio State
21.Oklahoma State
22.Texas
23.Boise State
24.Notre Dame
25.Florida

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt that lasts

Apr 27, 2012, 4:31 PM

I expect us to at least be in the top 15. SC doesn't really have anything coming back at the WR position, that has done anything of late, and lose some of their best defenders AND lost their elite DC as well as a few more position coaches back there. ALso TCU? They were overrated last year. Looks like they're doing it again. Same with FSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like those guys don't agree with your take.

Apr 27, 2012, 5:38 PM

Frankly, I believe they overrate you guys even at 18.

Re: Looks like those guys don't agree with your take.

Apr 27, 2012, 8:55 PM

Will be laughing hysterically when you lose your division yet again. Mark it down you clowns will barely be in the top 25 at the end of the year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like those guys don't agree with your take.

Apr 29, 2012, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Looks like those guys don't agree with your take. ]

Your hate of Clemson has just made you totally avoid rational thought. Your saying Clemson is not a top 25 team? I just don't see where you are coming from.

Do you think Clemson fans care about your opinion?

Apr 29, 2012, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Looks like those guys don't agree with your take. ]

Heck NO!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt that lasts

Apr 27, 2012, 7:15 PM [ in reply to I doubt that lasts ]

Top 15 huh? And when was WR the only position that matters? And it seems to me that we lost a pretty good DC as well.Now Maybe Brent will be better than Kevin,but he still has to coach a defense that couldn't stop much of anything last season.
Same with FSU.Think FSU is overrated this season(last year does not matter when you are talking about which team/teams maybe overrated this season).Go ahead and tell them that.Seems that would make for some good clubhouse bulletin board material considering we HAVE TO GO TO TALLAHASSEE.
We were 10-4 last season,with 3 of those 4 losses coming at the end of the regular season.We have yet to find a way to win a Thursday nite road game,and somehow,one way or another we find a way to lose to a Duke,a N.C State,or a Maryland.
Just play,and win the games on our schedule,and don't worry about the other top 14 teams.

May 1, 2012, 9:40 AM

When are you going to stop pretending to be a Clemson fan?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly, we dont care what u think, Cocklover!***

Apr 27, 2012, 10:02 PM [ in reply to I doubt that lasts ]

FSU is overrated almost every single year*****

Apr 28, 2012, 1:52 AM [ in reply to I doubt that lasts ]

Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25

Apr 27, 2012, 4:34 PM

Number 2, 3, and 9 will knock the coots out the top 25....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2012, 4:43 PM

So you're saying we're playing Bama in the SEC Championship huh? Glad you're catching on.

Apr 27, 2012, 5:23 PM

if the gators & dawgs were to stumble, yes.. i can see the coots playing bama in the sec title game... and losing 63-17!!!!!

Apr 27, 2012, 5:31 PM

Gators and Dawgs have stumbled to the coots two years in a row. I'm sure you were saying the same thing last year when we were preseason top 10 or 15. And Bama loses 10 starters on defense...freakin 10. Plus, we've shown we can beat them when they're #1...by two touchdowns.

Apr 29, 2012, 9:19 PM

Alabama could lose everyone on their two deep and still be a top 25 defense. When you basically have THE top recruiting class every season there's a reason why they crush everyone they play. It isn't luck that they're good. You won't beat them, I promise.

May 1, 2012, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25 ]

Let's be clear here not 10 starters. 10 NFL players. That defense was ungodly. Look, I'll give a rational assessment here. Clemson is right where we should be. Yes, our offense is top 10 caliber, but remember when they forgot to show up for NC State and South Carolina? Even the Wake Forest game was ugly. When we're clicking we're unstoppable, but when we're off it's ugly. Then you look at a defense whose last game was unmentionably bad with a coordinator coming from OU where they had several no shows on defense the past two years.

Until BV proves what he can do with what we've got, and the offense stays consistently great we don't deserve anything higher than 15.

As for South Carolina. They're playing in a down division and get back one of the best players in the nation (Assuming the knee has healed). I think they're a little high here, but they're definitely a top 15 team as well.

May 1, 2012, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25 ]

Gee, Bama, huh! Last time we played them in Columbia (2010) they couldn't wait to get off the field. I'm not sure which got to them the most, the fans in the stands or the players on the field, but they were panting to get to the locker room and onto the bus after getting their butts handed to them.

Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25***

Apr 27, 2012, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25 ]

Apr 27, 2012, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25 ]

> Number 2, 3, and 9 will knock the coots out the top
> 25....

Arkansas, with John L. Smith as interim head coach, is going to knock us off?

and oh by the way, we don't play Bama this year

Yes,,, Arkansas is going to win by at least 10.***

Apr 27, 2012, 7:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2012, 4:52 PM

Wow... the ACC will be scary good again next year. I can't wait to watch the Orange Bowl.

I bet you'll be watching ALL the BCS bowls

Apr 27, 2012, 4:56 PM

from your couch. :)

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25- K State

Apr 27, 2012, 4:56 PM

really that good? How come Snyder is the only human being on earth that can produce a decent team there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAHAHA FSU IN TOP TEN

Apr 27, 2012, 5:18 PM

good lord...sc is bout right for a preseason poll but it wont last.....theres nothing more meaningless than a preseason poll...wish they would eliminate it...its a flippin joke

Apr 27, 2012, 7:32 PM

We catch FSU when we leave Tally. How long before we catch South Carolina?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2012, 8:31 PM

well USC is 4th in the SEC and Clemson is 2nd in the ACC. Since all that matters is what place you finish in your conference, that would be a win for Clemson right?

Apr 27, 2012, 8:35 PM

I'm not surprised there are doubters after the way we sputtered through the end of last season...and the loss of some key linemen. At the same time, our line looked horrible for much of last year, so hopefully this year will be an improvement if anything.

Until we actually win a BCS game or two, I'd prefer Clemson be ranked in the teens if for no other reason than we don't usually handle high expectations too well. I'd prefer to climb the polls and let our guys earn some respect.

Apr 27, 2012, 10:06 PM

Spot on. I think you'll do very well next season but your O-line will be a major pain especially towards the end of the season. But still far better talent than the rest of the ACC and should probably win it.

Apr 27, 2012, 10:58 PM

I guess we'll see. I think the o-line has the potential to do well if for no reason than:

1. Last year's o-line was hideous. The protection for Tajh was just terrible, especially towards the end of the year.

2. This new group will have more time under The Chad's offensive system, and therefore I think they'll be more comfortable in the scheme. For better or worse, while linemen are such an important part of an offense, they're also some of the most under-the-radar players individually. If we're lucky, the squad will gel...and if they do, things will get dangerous for those on our schedule.

Apr 29, 2012, 9:22 PM

That's what people don't get. They talk all about us losing 3 of 5 starting O-linemen but if you look back at last season, Tajh Boyd spend a ton of time on his backside because the guys upfront couldn't protect him. All this new group has to do is be AS good as last year's bunch and the offense will be totally fine.

The OL was solid until Price got hurt. My biggest fear is

Apr 30, 2012, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25 ]

that BT will remain the starter at LT because, come September, he's still our best option there. Nothing against Brandon at all, but he's just not built for LT. We had a major drop-off when he had to fill in for Price. If he were about three inches taller and had a longer wingspan, he'd be a good one at tackle. His body is suited for guard, however. And at guard he's a very good one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Apr 28, 2012, 3:42 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25 ]

i'd rather catch this team early. it's inexperience that they have,not lack of talent. by the end of the year,they (the o-line) should be playing well as a unit,and everyone knows the skill position talent we have. we should be a team that continues to improve as the year goes on,and outright scary good by the end of the year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2012, 5:47 PM

We have done pretty well against them when we have them early on. They are one of those teams that take a while to get going. I like our chances in Tally. Not a spectacular offense so we're matching strength on strength and weakness on weakness. Hopefully the O-Line can pass protect by then because they will be getting after Tajh.

May 1, 2012, 5:51 PM

guess espn hasnt checked out that coot schedule

Apr 27, 2012, 9:18 PM

Why the heck is FLA in the top 25. That is ridiculous

FSU down, UGA down, Boise St. up***

Apr 28, 2012, 12:16 AM

well

Apr 28, 2012, 2:16 AM

Id rather them put us in the 20s or unranked it would fuel the team imo. Also Scar at 9 not bad but i think they lose 3-4 games this year and finish in the 20s. As for FSU they still have Manuel as qb so im not worried about their offense, ej manuel is easily the most over rated qb in college football going into next year. And UF is gonna be bad again its got to built from ground up. Who ever said TCU is over rated is crazy they will be very very good next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 29, 2012, 8:32 PM

SC is over rated? Go back and thaf orange bcs bowl and talk over rated!!!!

COUdouchebagGH!

Apr 30, 2012, 9:21 AM

Bye, coot. Ignored.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2012, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I doubt that lasts ]

And the award for best grammar in the 2nd grade goes to...still not you. A couple hints: "overrated" is one word, and I don't think the Trojans are overrated. They are going to be #### good this year. Terriffic spelling, you're really improving, at this pace you'll be able to write good by the time you die, (which hopefully is soon). Later, coot

May 1, 2012, 1:07 PM

Oooo, 'by the time you die (which hopefully is soon)' Gee, man you really need to get a life if you get so worked up over college footaball that you want someone to die because they disagree with you! Wow!

May 1, 2012, 5:41 PM

No it's just coots that come over here and flame that #### me off. I have a life that I quite enjoy, thank you. Now if you'd like to take this up in person, feel free

looks up to par for espn-half the top ten...$EC***

Apr 29, 2012, 9:16 PM

Apr 29, 2012, 9:53 PM

I see two teams falling from the top ten and one team entering the top ten by the end of the season. I'll let you guess who they are.

Preseason doesn't mean much

Apr 30, 2012, 12:13 PM

But it does make for good conversation. Clemson is about right with the way last season sputtered to an end. The Tigers will climb the rankings fairly quick if they can outlast the other Tiger/Eagle<--(dumb) The Gamecocks should keep their top ten ranking until the tough stretch of conference games heats up with GA, LSU, and Arky to play. Both teams have things to prove.
Clemson: Oline can hold like the first half of the season with Price in. If defense can improve after losing two big time players and a new DC Scheme.

Gamecocks: See if DE and cornerback position can stay posied without two 1st round picks and the WRs can find a go to guy to rely on.

Apr 30, 2012, 5:33 PM

This thread is a fine example of why I stopped donating and am not going to redonate till it changes ... These #### Suckers can run their mouths over here without any fear of being banned. Clean this garbage up.

null

Apr 30, 2012, 8:22 PM

I would be more than happy to donate once all this filth is removed. They add no value to the site and are just smug ###### who have nothing better to do than go troll. Get a life.

Apr 30, 2012, 11:16 PM

I agree.

null

Really? I chose to donate again because of the ignore

Apr 30, 2012, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN's College Football Live Early Top 25 ]

feature. I have 13 DA coots on ignore in this one thread.

So did USuC jump the gun on 5th place rings this year when

Apr 30, 2012, 8:22 PM

they could've gotten 3rd place rings next year? Or is it the "next year" part that had them spooked?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What

May 1, 2012, 8:33 AM

coots not in the preseason top 25,,they do have 5th place rings LMAO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What

May 1, 2012, 11:22 AM

They are #8.....Just as overated as their rings.

Re: What

May 1, 2012, 12:25 PM

I saw but a coot is a coot by any name and should be referred to as a coot.

Thats like saying a drunk has a drinking problem, no hes a drunk, with no problem drinking

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will be featured tommorrow on College Football LIve

May 1, 2012, 5:01 PM

3 30 PM....They did VT today.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic