Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Enough of the ESPN Bashing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 3,005

Enough of the ESPN Bashing

Jun 3, 2016, 9:18 AM

ESPN is the leader in sports programming and does it best. ESPN covers winners and the stories associated with big games. Clemson was all over ESPN the entire months of December & January leading up to the Natty. Of course broadcasting sports 24/7 there are going to be events that are time fillers. Who hasn't watched an episode of World's Strongest Man? Now ESPN has branched out into sports stories. Once again, they are the leader. The 30 for 30s are fantastic. Technology has changed the way we consume sports. I can remember having to wait until Sunday morning to get the paper to find out who won the college football games. Then you had to wait until Monday to see who won the west coast games. ESPN came along and you were able to get scores and highlights on sportscenter. But without the ticker at the bottom it became appointment TV so you didn't miss the score you were interested in. Today with mobile devices no one watches sportscenter for score updates. Its highlights, analysis & personal features.

The market has changed and paying big bucks for exclusive rights to various leagues hasn't paid off. However do you really want to go to a format where its pay as you go? That's where we are heading.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enough of the ESPN Bashing

Jun 3, 2016, 9:24 AM

Boom goes the dynamite.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, bc eSECpn and its propaganda machine

Jun 3, 2016, 9:26 AM

Didnt screw DW4 out of the Heisman last year....

You could probably make a better case if Watson hadn't

Jun 3, 2019, 9:31 AM

finished third. Mccaffrey was dealing with the same pro-Henry bias that Watson was. IMO what cost Watson the Heisman was the first 4 games of the season. The staff had training wheels on him early making sure to gradually work him back after the knee surgery, and then it was just impossible to put up numbers in the ND monsoon game.

That and eSECpn was pumping Fournette

Jun 3, 2016, 9:34 AM

Non-stop. Yes the kid deserved the hype but in doing so they ignored every other potential candidate. This hurt Mccaffrey as well. Its like they were dead set on a SEC RB winning it.

I generally agree, but Fournette was a frigging animal

Jun 3, 2016, 9:46 AM

for the first 8 games of last season. Fournette is the real deal, unlike Henry who was completely unremarkable in every way except for his durability, and only built his numbers through a huge volume of carries and a superior OL to run behind.

Henry gained over 2200 yards last year with 28 TDs

Jun 3, 2016, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Yeah, bc eSECpn and its propaganda machine ]

, playing with an average QB. He gained 158 yards on 38 carries in NC game against us.

I think DW was the best player in the country, but picking Derrick Henry wasn't a bad pick at all. Plus, his team won the NC.

If any of the top 3 had won, it would seem like sour grapes to me to complain about it, especially if you're a fan of one of the teams' player who came in 2nd or third.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That wasn't the point

Jun 3, 2016, 11:32 AM

The point was the obvious push espn put behind Henry.

He wasn't really pushed until after chubb and fornett fizzeled. Focus swapped to Henry late and Watson much later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: That wasn't the point

Jun 3, 2016, 12:04 PM

Maybe Henry started getting hype after Fournette and Chubb fizzled because he had these games:

Against Tennessee he ran for 143 and 2 tds
Against LSU he ran for 210 with 3 tds
Against miss st he ran for 204 with 2 tds
Against auburn he ran for 271 with a TD
Against Florida he ran for 189 with a TD.

Call me crazy but maybe that had something to do with it.

Re: Yeah, bc eSECpn and its propaganda machine

Jun 3, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Yeah, bc eSECpn and its propaganda machine ]

Hahahaha, yeah, that's why dw didnt win it. I'm sure that's it.

This isn't 1985. Espn isn't the only chick in the room and

Jun 3, 2016, 9:32 AM

She is letting herself go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Who is better?

Jun 3, 2016, 9:39 AM

FOXsports? NBC sports? pfft.

You have niche channels like the golf channel, NFL network, MLB network who all do great jobs but only in their one sport.

I know very few around here like soccer, but NBC actually

Jun 3, 2016, 9:42 AM

did a fantastic job with EPL coverage after they took over this year. I haven't been impressed with anything Fox has done outside of their NFL coverage though.

Whoever is playing the sporting event I wish to watch.***

Jun 3, 2016, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Who is better? ]

She isn't the only chick in the room and has

Jun 3, 2016, 9:58 PM [ in reply to This isn't 1985. Espn isn't the only chick in the room and ]

let herself go. I have a buzz and just like the sound of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Jun 3, 2016, 11:33 AM

I love espn!!!

really, trying to tell gwptiger and others what to do?

Jun 3, 2016, 11:42 AM

not sure you're bright enough to do so, but if you're going to insist on trying to tell others what to do, maybe caps will work? deroberts seems to believe in their mystical powers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: really, trying to tell gwptiger and others what to do?

Jun 3, 2016, 11:43 AM

"SMFH" - deroberts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

certainly not trying to correct you

Jun 3, 2016, 11:59 AM [ in reply to really, trying to tell gwptiger and others what to do? ]

but should it be DEROBERTS? only for clarity. and is DERP applicable??

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: certainly not trying to correct you

Jun 3, 2016, 12:02 PM

if preferences are in order, dsp was always partial to derp pirate roberts, but maybe that's just me?

Jun 3, 2016, 12:04 PM

i like that one better. should we use all caps or is lower case cool??

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 3, 2016, 12:07 PM

have we met? if you see dsp using caps in the body of hims posts, immediately report this account to the nearest mod as it has been hacked.

caps are for quitters as they're used by those that stopped thinking for themselves or maybe that's just me?

Jun 3, 2016, 12:13 PM

i'm a lower case fan, so derp pirate roberts works for me.

Jun 3, 2016, 12:15 PM

it's almost like going commando, airing out your loins so to speak.

no soccer... errrr, i mean homeaux

Jun 3, 2016, 12:18 PM

is homeaux a euphemism for bob? asking for gwp.

Jun 3, 2016, 12:34 PM

can't speak to bob's penchant for buggery aka soccer, but if bob is a bugger then yes

^^^RA'd for personal attack. Also RA'd that

Jun 3, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: certainly not trying to correct you ]

dsp #####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Jun 3, 2016, 11:44 AM

outside of actual sporting events programming eSECpn sucks a big bag of d!cks.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I'm hear for the bag.***

Jun 3, 2016, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You don't like the 30 for 30s?

Jun 3, 2016, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Enough of the ESPN Bashing ]

College Football Gameday has become an institution.

I don't watch PTI or any of those other shows but what network do you watch all the programming?

I think there would be less bashing

Jun 3, 2016, 11:48 AM

If ESPN wasnt in bed with the SEC

also, their content is significantly watered down. In years past, sports center was predominantly highlight footage from the previous days games avross all sports. Now they latch on to one or two teams or big stories, show hardly any footage, and take up most of the airtime showing the talking heads blabbing about whatever

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely agree.**

Jun 3, 2016, 12:42 PM

nm

Jun 3, 2016, 1:15 PM

Sorry, but ESPN deserves any and all bashing they receive.

Does this belong on the football board?

Jun 3, 2016, 1:19 PM

I am upset now. ;)

ESPN will always be awesome.

Jun 3, 2016, 1:36 PM

Are they flawed? Yes. When I was a kid there was no ESPN. Things are better with ESPN. I am thankful to have the option to watch ESPN. I love Gameday. I love college football games. I love college basketball. I love Mike and Mike. ESPN is great and was huge for Clemson during the playoffs last year. They were great recruiters for us.

Re: ESPN will always be awesome.

Jun 3, 2016, 1:51 PM

What's amazing is if you to any other teams boards they all have a contingent that says ESPN is biased against them. These folks can win no matter what they do.

People just don't appreciate how much they have done for the sports fan compared to what the ABC, CBS, & NBC gave us 40-50 years ago

Well said.**

Jun 3, 2016, 2:14 PM

nm

Jun 3, 2016, 2:14 PM

I look at it like this. If there is a game, event or show on ESPN, I watch it. If it's on ABC,CBS or Telemundo, I watch it. Some of the Bias on there is real, sure, but really what can you do? I like my nose tight where it is Thank You. Not going to spite my face telling stories how I refuse to watch ESPN. News flash, if the Tigers are on ESPN 8, The Ocho ("Pepper needs new shorts!" I bet someone gets that one :) ) Then I will be trying to determine how to Roku the Ocho!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2016, 5:56 PM

ESPN = SEC and always will as long as the SEC pays the bills for them.....biased sports network and reporting....Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 38
| visibility 3,005
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic