Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN talkhead now saying the call was done to assure ACC got
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

ESPN talkhead now saying the call was done to assure ACC got

Dec 7, 2015, 5:52 PM

into the NC play-off (since IF Heels won they wouldn't get to go anyway) and that the ref was on the take..and it's a disgrace and virtually a crime against man & college sports.

WHAT?!

Never heard so much venom..and the two talk-heads were adamment that the call was wrong..whereas I've seen possibility that #30's hand was in front of him and over line..plus heard other's say the camera angle is bad for replay since it's on the 50 and doesn't take in the actual angle ref saw on the 35.

Whatever..Tigers didn't cheat and I feel that some think WE are the culprit.

GoTiGERS..#1 BABY

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN talkhead now saying the call was done to assure ACC got

Dec 7, 2015, 5:53 PM

Who? That's preposterous

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I'm not addressing the issue, but

Dec 7, 2015, 5:55 PM

Maybe it's time to recall some SEC reffing gems over the years!

Holy cow ESecPN... Never ceases to amaze me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 5:56 PM

The flag was thrown before the ball was kicked, therefore the ref could not have known who would benefit from the kick off. Pretty impressive (but improbable) if he called the penalty KNOWING that UNC was going to get the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 5:58 PM

The offsides call was due to the formation. You have to have minimum of 4 players on each side of the kicker. UNC only had 3 on one side.

Dec 7, 2015, 6:01 PM

please stop saying this, they had the required number of people. If that was the case it would have been an illegal formation call

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had a guy outside the hash mark. That was the call.***

Dec 7, 2015, 6:48 PM

Nope. They did have four on each side.

Dec 7, 2015, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN talkhead now saying the call was done to assure ACC got ]

It was a sketchy call for sure, either the official saw someone's finger or knee break the plane which is possible, or he called it due to the fact that UNC never lined up inside the 9 yard marks before the ready-to-play signal.

It is legal to move to the edges after the whistle, but you have to be inside the marks when the official is up by the tee.

To keep saying they didn't have 4 on each side is silly and easy to disprove by looking at the replay.

The game is over, we won, and would have won regardless of the way that onside kick played out.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Dec 7, 2015, 6:03 PM

As my mother told me many long years ago, "consider the source."

The ESPN crap is just that... crap.

As I've pointed out, if there was any doubt in that officiating crew's mind, the flag would not have been thrown. I've never heard so much bullshirt from talking heads who have NOT had a view down the 35 yard line... I WAS sitting on the 35, and yelled "offside" (#30 UNCheat) before the flag came out 1/2 second later...but come on, folks... these geniuses are NOT constrained by facts... only by their opinion, and the almighty agenda. If Clemson had lost, the SEC would have been in first place in the CFP. What more do we need to understand why they're whining...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 6:18 PM

Question, I look up the rule on kick offs and the way I understand it the players have to line up 5 yards behind the kicker. If this is true when I look at the replay they are lined up only 4 yards behind the kicker. Could this possibly be what the refs saw and called?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 6:19 PM

Question, I look up the rule on kick offs and the way I understand it the players have to line up 5 yards behind the kicker. If this is true when I look at the replay they are lined up only 4 yards behind the kicker. Could this possibly be what the refs saw and called?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it. Just more ammo/motivation for our team***

Dec 7, 2015, 6:24 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

SO TIRED of the continual caca from the talking heads...

Dec 7, 2015, 6:28 PM

...nearly every one of our wins - starting with Louisville - was ALWAYS diminished by the "...howevers, ...buts, and ...excepts..., etc.". Even more so after we started out on top of the CFP rankings!

Please Tigers, kick Oklahoma's arses, then dispose of MSU/AL, and THEN.... (... wait for it...)

.... DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Then we'll see what or how the b******d's try to 'dismiss' the Tigers!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

It's all academic now.

Dec 7, 2015, 6:32 PM

That's something ESPiN and UNCheat know little of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's all academic now.

Dec 7, 2015, 6:42 PM

Here is the rule; At the time of the kick:
1.Each team a player, except the holder and kicker of a place kick, must be behind the ball (A.R. 6-1-2-V) [S18].
2.All team a players must be inbounds [S19].
3.At least four team a players must be on each side of the kicker [S19]. (AR 6-1-2-II-IV)
4.After a safety, when a punt or drop kick is used, the ball may be kicked from behind the kickingteam’s restraining line. If a yardage penalty for a live-ball foul is enforced from the previous spot, administration is from the 20-yard line, unless the kicking team’s restraining line has been relocated by a previous penalty [S18 or appropriate signal].
5.All players of team a must have been between the nine-yard marks after the ready-for-play signal [S19].
6.All team b players must be inbounds [S19].

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 6:50 PM

Yep in the heat of the moment with everything going on he said oh shoot I better throw this flag to ensure Clemson wins and an acc team gets in. Got it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic