Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN says Cains 40 time is 4.58?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

ESPN says Cains 40 time is 4.58?

Feb 5, 2015, 11:35 AM

Is that correct? He must be the type of player that can run just as fast with pads on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN says Cains 40 time is 4.58?

Feb 5, 2015, 11:42 AM

its wrong

He def looks faster in his highlights

Feb 5, 2015, 11:45 AM

Feb 5, 2015, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN says Cains 40 time is 4.58? ]

Don't ESPN prospects lose about .2 of a second on their 40 time when they sign with a non-SEC school?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS***

Feb 5, 2015, 1:04 PM

24/7 has him as a 4.40 time

Feb 5, 2015, 11:50 AM

Probably more accurate.

http://247sports.com/Player/Deon-Cain-33748

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have Tucker at 4.95!!!

Feb 5, 2015, 11:56 AM

Theres no way in **** thats right.

Yes, that prob is right...

Feb 5, 2015, 6:05 PM

the kid isn't exactly athletic, just has a great arm and good instincts

Feb 5, 2015, 12:04 PM

> Is that correct? He must be the type of player that
> can run just as fast with pads on.

I would say it's correct. He looks like about a 4.6-type guy to me on film, anyhow.

He's not a blazer. He's a phenomenal athlete, has incredible body control and can flip and contort to make the circus catch, and despite his smallish size, he can elevate and high-point the ball, probably has a 30+ inch vertical, easily. He's got some of the best, by far, lateral movement you'll ever see, can shift and cut and turn on a dime, is almost impossible to hit squarely. You see guys come up for the kill shot and end up flinging themselves at air.

What he won't do is just run past you. He goes 0-60 as fast as anyone, but on film I definitely didn't see that CJ Spiller (or Tavien Feaster)-type fifth gear.

I also think it doesn't matter much. Clemson's got plenty of vertical field-stretchers and because of Watson's arm everybody is going to be dropped deep instead of just crowding the box...which opens up space underneath...and if you get this guy the ball in space, he'll do what he does, start making guys miss, and eat you up.

I think you'll see him initially as the #2 slot opposite Scott - Adam Humphries' old position - and as a change-up RB, and maybe also our third-down back on 3rd-and-5 or longer. Also see him as our punt returner from Minute 1 if he can field it cleanly. He's a luxury player...but the kind that also drives DC's absolutely insane. Probably a 5-to-10-touches-a-game guy, max, as a freshman, but I have the feeling they'll be the kind of touches that people remember.

Feb 5, 2015, 12:13 PM

Quozzel, I think you're assessing ray ray mcloud...the OP is about deon cain...fair assessment by the way

GO TIGERS!

Feb 5, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN says Cains 40 time is 4.58? ]

6'2" 195 is smallish size?

Sammy and Nuk were both around 6'1" or 6'2".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 12:11 PM

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6. Go figure it's about how fast you play.

Feb 5, 2015, 12:16 PM

There's a highlight from the opening where he dusts four defenders. Runs past them and leaves them. Don't care about his forty he's a burner. Dabo even said he has Sammy speed

Feb 5, 2015, 12:19 PM

Dabo said he is a lot like Nuk and a lot like Sammy. Nuk didnt have great speed but he was great.

Feb 5, 2015, 12:20 PM

Usually ESPN have athletes with slower 40's than other recruiting websites

Take all 40 times with a grain of salt. We have grown

Feb 5, 2015, 12:20 PM

accustomed to all highly touted WRs and DBs coming out of HS with supposed 4.4 forty times. I think the reality is that very few of them are really that fast, which makes a 4.5 guy sound really slow, when in fact that is still very fast.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

^^^ misspelled "grade of slaw" ^^^***

Feb 5, 2015, 12:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No ticker-take parade for me!***

Feb 5, 2015, 12:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: ^^^ misspelled "grade of slaw" ^^^***

Feb 5, 2015, 12:49 PM [ in reply to ^^^ misspelled "grade of slaw" ^^^*** ]

You'll have to excuse him. His ralph got in the way of his typing.

His speed is what it is, and he does what he does ...

Feb 5, 2015, 12:26 PM

... which appears to be, run past opposing players with alarming regularity.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 12:44 PM

Don't get so caught up in 40 times. Hardly ever in football is a player taking off and just running in a straight line, like the 40 yard dash. Game speed and 40 yard dash times are drastically different, but if you don't play football, you wouldn't understand. And a 4.58 isn't slow by any means, in comparison, Dez Bryant ran a 4.5 coming out of Oklahoma State. Cain will be fine.

TCI says 0-60 in 6.7 sec and 35 mpg***

Feb 5, 2015, 12:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 1:32 PM

If he runs a 4.58 then he must have super human powers that make everyone around him run 4.59 or slower:) He's probably a mid 4.4 guy at this point, but he can out his foot in the ground and cut like few anywhere. He could probably break 4.40 before he is done here. He's going to be electric.

Feb 5, 2015, 1:43 PM

Facts are anything lower than a true 4.5 is blazing fast. Come on the fastest guys recorded are 4.3 in reality. The legend grows on for anyone faster than 4.3. I think Chris Johnson was the fastest ever confirmed at 4.27.

4.5 is fast. Now clemson fans are a bit spoiled given CJ and Sammy but keep in mind while they were running away from people in college there aren't the same highlights in the NFL where most are in the legit 4.5 range and know how to take an angle.

This guy is fast. Don't let anyone tell you differently. However don't be so quick to follow the 40 times, those are for elementary level fans and sunshine pampers. Talk about a forty time to a 4.6 DB able to take angles to keep in play with Sammy. College kids rent ready for that. A true 4.5 will dust the verge defensive player in college and he probably has a second gear with the ball in his hand and an end zone in front of him

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

Feb 5, 2015, 6:02 PM

Rice ran a 4.6... and ever got caught from behind. The big difference is a a WR stop and go speed.
Deon has put in a clinic everywhere he's gone, the opening, Army American etc.. and will be big time
here. Can you also say Wildcat?

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic