Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just saw qb guru George WHitfieldon ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Just saw qb guru George WHitfieldon ESPN

May 5, 2014, 2:52 PM

telling which qb has the best arm, presence, etc.. Boyd did not make any of his criteria but he listed Logan Thomas as being most dangerous for a D to prepare for.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the dreck ESPN shovels. It is one thing not to mention Boyd but to mention LT favorably in any qb aspect is truly laughable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just saw qb guru George WHitfieldon ESPN

May 5, 2014, 2:54 PM

You'd think they would learn from watching Heather Dinich ride that lame horse into the ground.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2014, 2:56 PM

yep she knows about as much about football as my golden retriever

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

George Whitfield was Tajh's main QB coach during the

May 5, 2014, 2:57 PM

summer when he was away from Chad.

The 2 worked together a lot.

Re: George Whitfield was Tajh's main QB coach during the

May 5, 2014, 2:58 PM

yeah I know. all the more surprising he wasnt mentioned

As far as QB guru goes...........

May 5, 2014, 3:01 PM

I wish I woulda thought to make some QB's hop around in the ocean and chase them with brooms. Woulda made my quick $ and took my quru title to ESPN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

May 5, 2014, 4:25 PM

Probably because Tajh has a new QB guru I thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

IMHO...Tajh regressed after going through this

May 5, 2014, 5:04 PM

guy's camp...I never bought into this so called "guru"....Tajh's mechanics and decision making seemed much better in 2011 when Chad Morris was his only QB guru.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMHO...Tajh regressed after going through this

May 7, 2014, 12:11 AM

Agree. I think this guy filled tajhs head with a bunch of nonsense and caused him to think to much instead of just being Tajh. Just because someone has some abstract ideas on training methods doesn't make them a guru. If I were a coach if keep my qb's away from that guy.

You'd think any mention of Logan Thomas

May 5, 2014, 5:40 PM

Would be bad for the QB guru business!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You'd think any mention of Logan Thomas

May 5, 2014, 10:54 PM

Whitfield is a joke. Made up by and promoted by ESPN. C'mon. A former Canadien league QB coach is now "The QB Guru". From what I have seen just right here at Clemson, maybe Cole's dad should be working with ESPN and be the new Guru.

Cole has great mechanics. Great footwork, delivery, etc. and it's the same in warm up as it is in the game. He credits working with his dad, and his dad says he only works with Cole's mechanics. (And if Morris or Dabo didn't like that, they would stop it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it)

Many of Tajh's mistakes were from throwing side arm or bad footwork.......mechanics. Chad Kelly was all world warming up, but his footwork and delivery fell apart in live action. Like him or not, he got happy feet in the pocket, didn't always set his feet and thru a lot of lame ducks.......all due to bad mechanics.

Cole keeps his feet set, his delivery is consistent under heavy rush or not.....which is why he always throws a nice tight spiral. ......mechanics

Just consider this....Whitfield coached Tajh, Manzell, and Kelly. Three very very talented QBs with the ability to make incredible plays.........but their biggest weaknesses are mechanics and consistency. That's why there is so many differing opinions on Boyd and Manzell going into the draft. Bad mechanics = bad throws = interceptions = losses.

Now, consider Cole's strengths.... Mechanics. Footwork. Consistency. And to my knowledge he stays right in his dads back yard to work on mechanics. Interesting eh?

Like so many things on ESPN, Whitfield isn't anything more than the guy ESPN picked and promoted to be the "QB Guru". Sort of like what they did with another football geek named Mel Kiper. I'm just sayin....

I played QB in little league.

May 5, 2014, 11:06 PM

Can I become a QB Guru?

He's right.

May 5, 2014, 11:14 PM

Any D facing him better be in great shape or they're gonna be worn out running all those interceptions back.

ESPN has officially disconnected from reality just like CNN.

May 6, 2014, 2:58 PM

ESPN though has a sane justification being that they are sleeping in the same bed with the sec. I can't wait to watch the draft this year because pro franchises can't afford to be so foolishly biased. I hope not at least.

Re: ESPN has officially disconnected from reality just like CNN.

May 6, 2014, 10:44 PM

Absolutely right. They used to be a sports station. Now ESPN is entertainment tonight.

Making stars out of Mel Kiper! Todd MacShay, Skip Bayless. A bunch of talking heads telling us what to think. Making up controversy for talk shows when there is none.

Bring back Australian Rules Football. Get rid of all the expert talking heads!!!!!!

Yep, thought Tajh went backwards a bit after his guru camp

May 6, 2014, 11:39 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN has officially disconnected from reality just like CNN.

May 7, 2014, 12:50 AM [ in reply to ESPN has officially disconnected from reality just like CNN. ]

Who's reality? Fox's? Comments like that are just idiotic

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic