Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just pretend, like eSECpn does, that Bama didn't lose to Old
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Just pretend, like eSECpn does, that Bama didn't lose to Old

Jan 6, 2016, 8:04 AM

P!ss. They would also be 14-0 and ranked #1 because SEC. We'd be #2.

The CFP committee wouldn't have had to move MSU above OU, so we'd still have played Oklahoma and the protection of Bama from another loss in the Semis wouldn't have been so obvious.

We'd be playing this same game, and Bama would be favored, just like they are now. Would that change how you'd feel about the game? Not me. We win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They pick and choose who gets or loses credit for TOs.

Jan 6, 2016, 8:09 AM

They didn't give Clemson credit for taking the ball from ND either. I think it's personal pride that drive some of the talkers. After calling for a ND victory they made excuses for ND as if they had suited up and been on the field during the lost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN doesn't have anything to do with the playoff

Jan 6, 2016, 8:33 AM

rankings. Once again, Oklahoma played us in the Orange bowl because the alternative would be to have given the 4 seed a home-field advantage in the Cotton. Oklahoma and MSU were clearly the two worse of the four teams in the playoffs. That was convincingly demonstrated NYE. Nothing personal, but my experience suggests that conspiracy theories are generally generated by really stupid people who simply lack the firepower upstairs to understand how lots of moving parts interact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yet you validate what I posted. how stupid is that?

Jan 6, 2016, 8:36 AM

not that it matters. you admit the committee manipulated the seedings. then call it a conspiracy theory?

and you missed the entire point of my post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: ESPN doesn't have anything to do with the playoff

Jan 6, 2016, 8:40 AM [ in reply to ESPN doesn't have anything to do with the playoff ]

To think that ESPN doesn't have any control on the playoff is naive. At the very least it is a subconscious factor because of the control they have on the sports media. At the most they have a larger say than any of us know. Either way you don't pay 5+ billion for a product and sit back and watch.

null

Re: ESPN doesn't have anything to do with the playoff

Jan 6, 2016, 1:26 PM

If ESPN had ANY control over the Playoff, they would have made the CFP capitulate to their demands to move the semi-final games to Jan 1 or 2 and NOT play them on NYE. ESPN knew full well the ratings would take a huge hit and it turned out they were right (the hit was even worse than expected).

ESPN does not love Bama any more than it loves Clemson... the ACC has the second largest TV deal with ESPN.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic