Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN backpedaling.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

ESPN backpedaling.

Aug 17, 2020, 8:11 PM

I love it.

This morning on Get Up (I only watched about 15 minutes of it, but I turned it on in the middle of a segment on NCAA football this fall.) they were talking about Justin Fields and his petition with 200K+ signatures asking to play football this fall.

All of a sudden, they were realizing and asking questions.

Why is it safe for kids to go back to college but not safe to play football?
Are the kids safer under the supervision and protocols set up by the athletic department than they would at home taking on line classes at home?

They talked about the 5th year seniors who came back, some after graduating, so they could play one more year of football. They talked about denying kids a chance to show off for the NFL this year and being denied a future career in the NFL.

They talked about pictures of students on campuses showing a complete lack of masks and social distancing.

Then, Paul Finebaum - a guy who was blasting the SEC and ACC for playing football just last week, pointed out that the Big Ten had just given a HUGE recruiting advantage to those conferences. "You don't want to play for them. They think they are the Ivy League. They don't care about football. They don't care if they destroy your future. Come play for us."

Finally, somebody (I forget who) said, "Why not keep going and see what happens? You can cancel the season later. Why assume that there will be a huge spike and it will be dangerous to play? Why cancel now?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the question I keep going back to...

Aug 17, 2020, 8:26 PM

..."Are the kids safer under the supervision and protocols set up by the athletic department than they would at home taking on line classes at home?" I cannot see how they could possibly be better off not in the program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

It could be that ESPN and other media are simply coming

Aug 17, 2020, 9:54 PM

around to how well resourced and prepared many of these college programs are as they see it play out, and how team members aren't the ones partying all night at the sugar shack, though they can easily mix with those students around campus. It's easy to see how schools and campuses everywhere will start closing or interrupting activity. But those environments are different than what happens within a football program's confines and control. Different beasts.

If campuses are closed down it's almost better for this aspect of these colleges to continue forward. By a long shot from a safety standpoint considering all the knuckleheads, plus for so many this is the career plan - you can't pursue and perfect football online. All of these schools have earned great benefit from their presence over the years. I think these programs owe it to the players if these kids want it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

vintage media

Aug 17, 2020, 8:51 PM

full on assault to get some to cancel..then after they do pretend like you are lobbying for them to play...posted the same thing the last guy said on here yesterday..they at the very least owed it to the kids to attempt to play..heck we in the acc, sec and big 12 may only get one game in before we have to halt play..but its at the very least worth a shot to try

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN backpedaling.

Aug 17, 2020, 8:53 PM

Talk the way the wind blows. That's all they ever do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN is just another political channel that occasionally

Aug 17, 2020, 8:58 PM

talks about sports

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Hahah yea. Finbeaum is the biggest hack of our lifetimes

Aug 17, 2020, 9:04 PM

He’s nothing but a puppet and he changes his “morals” like the wind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic