Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN article say CU - Cuse one of best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,618

ESPN article say CU - Cuse one of best

Dec 11, 2018, 12:25 PM

games of the season in P5. I agree it was an amazing turnaround game and lots of qb drama, but was it our best game? I don’t think so. What game do you think was our most complete?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN article say CU - Cuse one of best

Dec 11, 2018, 12:27 PM

There is a difference between best game and best performance by a team.

The best game we were involved in this season was definitely the cuse game.

I think our best team performance of the season was against NC State. Nobody would vote for that as best game because it was a blowout and anybody who wasn't a Clemson fan likely moved on long before it ended.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 12:33 PM

Agree 100%. Secondary really showed up too. Hope they recapture that level of play during the break.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN article say CU - Cuse one of best ]

Agree 100%. Cuse game had drama, so it made for good TV ratings, which is what ESPN wants. But the way we steamrollered over a ranked NCSU team and basically rendered Finley useless was probably to most complete game we played as a team. The offense & defense both playing close to perfect in the same game, playing all 72 who traveled, against a ranked opponent. The only minor blemish was ETNs 39 rushing yds, but that was offset by 3 TDs and 300+ passing yds from TL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 12:56 PM

I agree with most of what you said...

BUT NCSU was a home game. NP - I had to check to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.

Cuse game was fraught with drama = Ratings, not best play, but Brice played his heart out. Love what he did.

NCSU demolition was a thing of beauty... Could of done the same to Loserville but we got sloppy in garbage time, but 77 ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,618
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic