Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN announcers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

ESPN announcers

Nov 12, 2018, 4:46 PM

Can Chris Fowler be any more blatant about his disdain for Clemson? Listen to the call for both the BC return for a td and Clemson's. He sounded as giddy as Todd Ellis calling a Jake Bentley 2 yard completion for the Gamecocks when BC ran it back. Not the first time I have noticed this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?

Nov 12, 2018, 4:49 PM

He was fine...I detected no difference, whatsoever.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN announcers

Nov 12, 2018, 4:52 PM

He’s all about ratings. When Amari took it to the house it killed any chance of a miraculous comeback and probably peeled off some casual football viewers to another Chanel with a competitive game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 7:07 PM

Nope, that’s not it at all. The game was already over when amari took that kick back. It was out of reach. BC wasn’t coming back. That’s the reason Fowler had a different voice inflection. It wasn’t needed or appropriate. If you flip those kick returns, he would have sounded excited for amari and casual for the bc returner. It’s really not rocket science.

Nov 12, 2018, 4:53 PM

Got excited on the 4th down TD.

He must hate Boston College, too.

every announcer will tell you

Nov 12, 2018, 4:55 PM

That they get accused of bias toward both teams every game. People just hear certain things and amplify it

His insistence on pronouncing Clemson with a z is both

Nov 12, 2018, 4:58 PM

deliberate and unprofessional. He knows how to pronounce it correctly; he chooses not to. So, he can go #### himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 12, 2018, 4:56 PM

I think it was more a case of Chris Fowler wanting a competitive game instead of something anti-Clemson. Commentators hate beat downs because it requires them to make up things to talk about to keep the audience from getting bored and flipping the channel. When BC scored on that kick return it gave Fowler a glimmer of hope that BC would make a game of things... but as we all saw that was short lived.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 4:59 PM

There's a link around here somewhere about the Clemson game getting the highest viewership on Saturday, but OK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 12, 2018, 6:51 PM

The ABC prime time game always gets the highest ratings. But they can always be higher if more competitive, so they need to keep talking it up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 5:02 PM

I've always liked him, e.g, final drive to win the NC, or the GL stand against ND in 2015, and others. Never had a problem with him. Denzel Howard is a different story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI1GxQP5pKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB2gnUPIbpM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 5:47 PM

I've always felt Fowler and Herbie have been very to Clemson. They are my favorite team for our games.

Nov 12, 2018, 6:08 PM

I have felt the same way. Desmond Howard is another story, esp this year. I think his hate on Clemson has something to do with KB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 6:12 PM

No doubt about it.

Chris is OK in my book and just watching DW4 to HR13 again 4 Natty..

Nov 12, 2018, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN announcers ]

made me almost see David Hood type Confetti again!

What a great 2 minute drive where Every Clemson Offensive Player was giving a Frank Howard type 110% Effort against a great Bama D.

So glad of & proud for that 2016 Clemson TiGER Team..National Champs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 6:12 PM

Stop being so sensitive. It is his job to make the game sound exciting. He does it well. He has nothing against Clemson.

I know you don’t represent most Clemson fans, but it is a bad look when “fans” complain about ridiculous things like this.

Nov 12, 2018, 6:23 PM

Can Chris Fowler be any more blatant about his disdain for Clemson? Listen to the call for both the BC return for a td and Clemson's. He sounded as giddy as Todd Ellis calling a Jake Bentley 2 yard completion for the Gamecocks when BC ran it back. Not the first time I have noticed this.

YOU ARE DRUNK OR HIGH!!!

I’d say drunk. If he was high he wouldn’t care.***

Nov 12, 2018, 8:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 6:42 PM

You must have been watching a different game that I was. Fowler is one of the most objective play by play guys out there on any network. And Herbie is the best in the business.

You can't expect Fowler to call the game like Don Munson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your mind is playing tricks on you

Nov 12, 2018, 6:55 PM

That’s just not even close to true. It’s the announcers’ job to get people excited and into the game. Fowler by all accounts really likes Clemson and Herbie loves Clemson

Lulz. Any unbiased announcer would be more

Nov 12, 2018, 6:58 PM

excited about the BC punt return (this may be a competitive game) than ours (game over).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 8:35 PM

Quit being a victim

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 8:40 PM

Can you say petty? Smdh

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic