Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN XM says BV interview at TT confirmed??!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

ESPN XM says BV interview at TT confirmed??!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 8:47 AM

I thought he put that rumor to rest but just heard it from Chris Lowe of espn. Anyone have more?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN XM says BV interview at TT confirmed??!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 8:50 AM

TOTAL BS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 8:59 AM

Won’t happen. Defense is against the law in the Big12. They'll arrest you for “disconcerting signals” over there. I can hear it now, “Boy, you in a heap a trouble, eben daddy ain’t gonna get you outta dis’un.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rember that time Herbstriet said miles was headed to Michigan

Nov 27, 2018, 8:52 AM

yeah. .that was funny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 27, 2018, 8:55 AM

Speculators gone speculate .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 27, 2018, 8:57 AM

BS

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Here's a link on BV's relationship with TTech AD...

Nov 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

This was a 2015 article about Venables. The 1st few paragraphs are hilarious and you could definitely see Venables doing this. But he and Hocutt have an awesome friendship. I'm not saying he would take the job, but I could see that being an attractive position based off their relationships.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/12/29/clemson-tigers-defensive-coordinator-brent-venables-has-been-perfect-fit

Nov 27, 2018, 9:53 AM

Let me preface this by saying I’m a glass half full guy and I love BV, but he may go. If he’s gonna ever be a HC this is the perfect opportunity. Low expectations but a great professional challenge and Hocutt will pull heavy for him. If he gives it a shot, more power too him. One thing about Clemson and his relationship with Dabo....BV knows Jake will be taken care of and get a very fair shake if he decides to dip his toe into the head coaching world. Heck his family would likely even stay here and split time between here and Lubbock.

I hope he stays. I don’t think his intensity will lend to success as a HC. I hope he stays because he’s the best coordinator in football and we are very fortunate to have him on staff.

All being said, you can’t fault someone for taking a calculated professional risk and if he goes I hope he does fantastic at TTU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 9:57 AM

72% = Fake News

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Venables say he

Nov 27, 2018, 10:05 AM

And Hocutt had talked some in the past week? So, Mr. Low/ESPN, by extension can call the 'talk' an interview. Right? Technically, he reported the truth, with extra 'rat poison'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you ever been to lubbock?.makes starkville look like vegas.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:44 AM

i wish bv nothing but the best..but unless you are 4-hooved, or own a bunch of 'em, lubbock is not where you wanna live.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Nov 27, 2018, 10:49 AM

Interview is fake news.
The enemy trying to stir up distractions.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:50 AM

I would think BV could get a better job than TTech whenever he wants to make the move. Yes the AD relationship is a great selling point and he knows the big 12, but I would think he could land something one step higher up the ladder of jobs. Then again, as fertile as Texas recruiting is... along with his knowledge of the big 12, his ability to make a defense actually stop someone and the program building stuff he has learned from Dabo... maybe he could go there and make it work.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic