Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN Requested Police Records For 360 FSU Athletes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

ESPN Requested Police Records For 360 FSU Athletes

Dec 25, 2014, 6:01 AM

http://collegespun.com/acc/florida-state/espn-requested-police-records-for-the-names-of-360-florida-state-athletes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/12/24/tallahassee-police-department-florida-state-athletes/20867931/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN Requested Police Records For 360 FSU Athletes

Dec 25, 2014, 6:16 AM

Last paragraph wraps it up for me. The TDP spokesman calls FSU " OUR University ".
In a nutshell , the FSU president might as well have been releasing the statement , and saying " the way things are around here is decided through us ...and our police...err , I mean the Tallahassee PD , will keep it that way ".
The corruption , in my opinion , looks to be institutionally mandated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 25, 2014, 6:25 AM

FSU=Felons Stand United

TDP sounds like the Sheriff's in the movie 'Porkys'***

Dec 25, 2014, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN Requested Police Records For 360 FSU Athletes ]

I know FSU has had its share of bad PR, much deservedly

Dec 25, 2014, 6:36 AM

so; but anyone who doesn't believe ESPN is in fact on a "fishing expedition" isn't thinking clearly IMO.

There is no doubt in my mind that this ESPN reporter will be searching through the records for evidence of faulty PD investigating and/or undue FSU influence over the PD in the same. That many folks across the nation believe FSU to be a rogue program is what gave that reporter all the excuse she needed to make the request.

Now, I have no problem with these types of "investigative journalistic" efforts; however, anytime ESPN becomes involved, their motives are highly suspect. She claims analytical interpretation, and I ask exactly what she means? Why FSU? Why not, say, Bama? Or Ole Miss? Or Ohio State? Or Southern Cal?

Why not request records from multiple sources for a more balanced analysis of whatever she's attempting to analyze?

While I'm no FSU defender, I do believe in fairness; I don't believe in "piling on," so to speak. And I certainly believe ESPN should stick to its original MO...and broadcast sporting events and stay out of the politics of sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are ESPN's motives suspect here as opposed to the

Dec 25, 2014, 8:34 AM

NY Times or Washington Post or NBC? There seems to be a pattern of FSU influence over the PD as opposed to Bama or Ohio State or Southern Cal.

Is it a fishing expedition? Who cares? A lot of big corrupt people have been brought down with fishing expeditions and deservingly so..

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they should just sweep it under the rug like they did Scar

Dec 25, 2014, 9:35 AM

Wonder why espn didnt pursue those criminal violations?? Oh yeah now i get it. They are invested in the sec

You read Tigernet too much. They are also invested

Dec 25, 2014, 9:46 AM

in the ACC without having to give the biggest games to CBS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats a cheap out. If you dont see it maybe you watch espn too much***

Dec 25, 2014, 9:48 AM

I see them trying to build hate for the SEC to improve

Dec 25, 2014, 9:56 AM

ratings. They do the same thing with the Yankees and Red Sox.

This has nothing do to with them going after FSU though. FSU and the TPD seem to have a pattern of being too chummy whatever conference FSU is in and it's way too convient to blame SEC bias here.

Message was edited by: josephg®

Re: Why are ESPN's motives suspect here as opposed to the

Dec 25, 2014, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Why are ESPN's motives suspect here as opposed to the ]

Because they are trying to influence the college football landscape with these expeditions. The misconception is that they are trying to uncover the truth. This is not about the truth. It's about making sure threats to the SEC are eliminated.

Re: Why are ESPN's motives suspect here as opposed to the

Dec 25, 2014, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Why are ESPN's motives suspect here as opposed to the ]

because ESPN has their agenda to destroy any team outside their beloved SEC that might pose a threat!! if we were in the position FSU is in now we would get the same treatment while they ignore blatant cheating by any SEC team.. they refused to even acknowledge that mess in c$$tville!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line is...

Dec 25, 2014, 5:17 PM

They couldn't get Winston so they're trying to get the next best player Cook. It's pretty clear they've been trying to sabotage FSU all year. Now, it's just blatantly obvious.

Agree!!!***

Dec 25, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to I know FSU has had its share of bad PR, much deservedly ]

Re: I know FSU has had its share of bad PR, much deservedly

Dec 25, 2014, 6:32 PM [ in reply to I know FSU has had its share of bad PR, much deservedly ]

I my opinion, it will come out that either Ole Miss or Tennessee (or both) has been dealing under the table or cheating in some way in the past few years. The way they recruit is just way ahead of their recent success and staff on hand. Although ole miss has done well this year. However, I'm sure people say the same about Clemson, because we recruit over our heads year in and year out. But I believe honestly that we are able to do so because of gettin guys on campus and the genuine feel of the environment and staff we have.

Re: I know FSU has had its share of bad PR, much deservedly

Dec 25, 2014, 6:35 PM

But that's why I love Clemson I guess. We have always done the best with what we have. For a small to midsize school. What we have done in our history being in a tiny town in SC is pretty ###### impressive.

Lost in all this debate about possible TPD cover-up or

Dec 25, 2014, 9:49 AM

which media outlet has an agenda, is concern for the victims of all these "incidents"....what really bothers me is not the possible witch hunt, not the "us against world" mentality adopted by FlaSt, but the worry about the well-being and the rights of those folks who are the true victims in all this which, so far, has been non-existant from every side.

There seems to be a fairly large group of people leaving school or living in the Tallahassee area who've not had much of a say in the aftermath of what happened to them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2014, 3:57 PM

ESPN is on a mission to exterminate any perceived (or real) threats to their business venture.
They are in bed with the southeastern conference. they will go to great lengths to protect them.

Any non SEC school that wins championships is going to get the white glove inspection for dirt moving forward.
Nobody can be stupid enough to believe that this sort of crap doesn't go on in Tuscaloosa or auburn. ESPN will go to great lengths to protect them. auburn bought a championship with CAM newton. Didn't see a whole lot of ESPN interest in that story. Until they objectively report the news they should be trusted.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic