Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN COACHES TAKING SALARY CUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

ESPN COACHES TAKING SALARY CUT

Jul 19, 2020, 9:51 AM

Here we go again ESPN has Dabo as highest paid coach not taking a cut......
1. Has he been asked to take a cut ?
2. Does the percent of money he gives out to needy outweigh what the govt. would do with it..
3. Maybe it hasnt been announced ..if he had a cut
4. The coaches that had a cut ..did they under perform?
5. Has any politician taken a cut or refused salary while they close businesses due to riots etc.other than Trump
6. Why doesnt the ESPN publisher or AP writer take a cut...nobody reads yo mess anyway...i made a mistake!!!
7. Why arent all governmental jobs taking cuts....tax revenues must be short when businesses make no money!
8. Mayors that under perform and town council members that cant run cities and towns ..are u taking cuts..for underperforming?
ADD MORE HERE IF YOU WILL...BUT IM TIRED OF WRITERS GOING AFTER GOOD FOLKS THAT PERFORM TO THEIR REQUIRED OBJECTIVES....
DABO IS A FINE PERSON.....QUIT ATTACKING THE GOOD....LOOK IN THE MIRROR YOU PATHETICALLY JEALOUS WRITERS OF LIBERAL BUNK!
GO TIGERS AND ALL ITS ..RED ..YELLOW....BLACK..BROWN AND WHITE WE ARE FAMILY AND YOU CANT CHANGE IT...
??????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why didn't

Jul 19, 2020, 10:30 AM

1. Health care insurers refund premiums when all elective/non-emergency services were suspended and medical professionals were sidelined?
2. Are municipalities rebating taxes for sidelining police forces and letting peaceful protesters change their minds...about...peace ful ness? (Hey, Charleston! What say you?)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why didn't

Jul 19, 2020, 10:42 AM

Salty, I agree with you ??. We were trust talking about that, it all started with the car insurance companies giving back and a friend said exactly what you just posted basically. It’s all greed, which is a major underlying problem today.

I would imagine a lot of Charleston business owners

Jul 19, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Why didn't ]

Say this in response to Tecklenberg saying last week that he is working to help businesses affected by COVID. “Gee thanks if there is still a business to help after lawlessness was allowed, We really could have used your help then”.

Re: ESPN COACHES TAKING SALARY CUT

Jul 19, 2020, 10:39 AM

AMEN!!!

Jul 19, 2020, 11:32 AM

ESPN PUNDITS SHOULD TAKE CUT THEY HAVENT DONE ANYTHING IN MONTHS...WAIT A MINUTE THEY NEVER DID.

Jul 19, 2020, 1:10 PM

I thought I heard they did take a cut but who knows

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2020, 4:48 PM

I think that story was that they are BEING cut.

Jul 21, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN COACHES TAKING SALARY CUT ]

ESPN personalities took a 15% paycut.

https://apnews.com/f67578639deae8dfe709fb5381dd0b6d

Jul 21, 2020, 10:08 AM

shoulda been more!

Jul 19, 2020, 12:10 PM

Yep!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 11:19 AM

Some people are forced by a higher authority to take a cut in pay. Some people take a cut or donate to worthy causes and make a public announcement, Some people make donations to worthy causes and don't make public announcements.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 11:59 AM

More ESPN propaganda to keep all those evil white coaches looking as bad as possible. When should we expect an article on when ESPN personalities take their pay cuts? One would think people who get paid to do literally nothing other than talk about sports would take a pay cut since there haven't been sports in months. They are getting fully paid you say? How shocking!

Jul 21, 2020, 8:49 AM

More ESPN propaganda to keep all those evil white coaches looking as bad as possible. When should we expect an article on when ESPN personalities take their pay cuts? One would think people who get paid to do literally nothing other than talk about sports would take a pay cut since there haven't been sports in months. They are getting fully paid you say? How shocking!

ESPN personalities took a 20% paycut.

Jul 21, 2020, 8:51 AM

my bad, 15%

Jul 21, 2020, 9:25 AM

still not enough...

I dunno about the espn.. but I have to agree with

Jul 20, 2020, 12:04 PM

People who say these college coaches get paid to much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 20, 2020, 12:13 PM

My take is this:

Of those that HAVE taken a paycut, AND appeared in CFP/BCS championship game is:

Brian Kelly (and did they really appear in that game?).

That is it.

Those that HAVE taken a paycut are young guns with less than three years OR underachievers and/or hotseat riders lich Meechigan Fightin' Khakis and Muscoots.

I may have misunderstood, but didn't Dabo

Jul 20, 2020, 12:31 PM

tell his superiors not to pay him as much so that the coordinators/position coaches would be better compensated?

Bet E$PN missed that or selectively ignored because they are the 'morally superior' in their own minds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 20, 2020, 7:24 PM

Checking n to c what condition ESPN‘s in!

Jul 21, 2020, 8:57 AM

If we cut his salary then there is less income tax for South Carolina and thus less funding for Clemson to pay his salary and back around. Maybe I've been watching Dark on Netflix.

It's a little early to make an issue over salary cuts.

Jul 21, 2020, 9:04 AM

It will all be worked out when we have some solid sense of what is going to happen with the upcoming season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 21, 2020, 9:23 AM

I only watch ESPN if there is a good football game on, thats it. The rest is junk. If I wasn't to watch political commentators; and I don't, I will watch a show that does nothing but political commentary...

Jul 21, 2020, 11:52 AM

I didn't even know ESPN was still in business. Good for them. Maybe one day I will watch again. Maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic